The Student Room Group

Can I say something or should I shut up

I’ve been sleeping with this guy. His phone was left open near me ( he always does it) and I peeped at it and saw his notifications and it was a dating app. The notifications was full of messages, ‘your match likes you too’ normal notifications from a dating app. I checked and the app is £15 a month.

Should I bring it up or no? We aren’t in a relationship.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nope. Doesn’t concern you since you aren’t together, sounds like there’s no strings attached
"Hi, I was raking through your private correspondence like a creep when..."

Yeah that will be a productive conversation.
You can pay for a dating app if you want premium but usually dating apps are free. Also you have no right to check through his phone, he isn't even your boyfriend, you're just sleeping with him. Why on earth would you bring it up, he's going to see that you're crazy and run.
Reply 4
Original post by Ten-Ten
Nope. Doesn’t concern you since you aren’t together, sounds like there’s no strings attached

Yeah we aren’t together. We sleep together go on dates and he’s planning on going back to his country for the Christmas and he said I should come out there and meet him too. We’re super effectionate with eachorher. Always holding hands, kissing , cuddling. Not just normal ‘friends with benefits’. Also if I’m going out he’ll ask if any guys are going.

I don’t want a relationship with him but I don’t wanna stop seeing him anytime soon.

It’s just that imagine he’s going to meet other women and sleeping with them too. I want him to know I know but then he is super open with his phone he leaves it unlocked infront of me and stuff. Maybe if I see a notification infront of him I should say oh your on that dating website? Or not. I want him to know I know. He always says he hasn’t got time to go out and for women much because he works a lot.
Reply 5
Original post by StriderHort
"Hi, I was raking through your private correspondence like a creep when..."

Yeah that will be a productive conversation.

I know right. I’ll seem like such a crazy person.

Yeah we aren’t together. We sleep together go on dates and he’s planning on going back to his country for the Christmas and he said I should come out there and meet him too. We’re super effectionate with eachorher. Always holding hands, kissing , cuddling. Not just normal ‘friends with benefits’. Also if I’m going out he’ll ask if any guys are going.

I don’t want a relationship with him but I don’t wanna stop seeing him anytime soon.

It’s just that imagine he’s going to meet other women and sleeping with them too. I want him to know I know but then he is super open with his phone he leaves it unlocked infront of me and stuff. Maybe if I see a notification infront of him I should say oh your on that dating website? Or not. I want him to know I know. He always says he hasn’t got time to go out and for women much because he works a lot.
Reply 6
Original post by Moonlight Rain
You can pay for a dating app if you want premium but usually dating apps are free. Also you have no right to check through his phone, he isn't even your boyfriend, you're just sleeping with him. Why on earth would you bring it up, he's going to see that you're crazy and run.

So I don’t know but I saw an app ‘match’ an app ‘our time’ when I searched our time it said it’s subscription? Do you know what this means.

Original post by Jennifer303
So I don’t know but I saw an app ‘match’ an app ‘our time’ when I searched our time it said it’s subscription? Do you know what this means.

You're going to look crazy though. It's not his fault that you're developing feelings. And he doesn't have to talk about whether he's talking to other women or not.
Reply 8
You're going to look crazy though. It's not his fault that you're developing feelings. And he doesn't have to talk about whether he's talking to other women or not.

Yeah defo. But why does he ask me though?
Reply 9

Kinda seems like you want to have your cake and eat it. Plus I don’t see what’s gonna change if he knows that you know because what’s the point considering you don’t want a relationship with him
Yeah defo. But why does he ask me though?

Ask you what?
Ask you what?

About other guys.
Btw I saw online one of the dating apps is for 50+. I’m 29 and he’s 35. What an earth. He’s never told me he likes older women
Was he contractually obliged to tell you, then?
About other guys.
Btw I saw online one of the dating apps is for 50+. I’m 29 and he’s 35. What an earth. He’s never told me he likes older women

Firstly, just because you seen online that there's a dating app for over 50's, it doesn't mean that is the one he uses. Secondly, why do you think he's obliged to tell you? You seem pretty controlling and he isn't even your boyfriend.
Reply 14
I know right. I’ll seem like such a crazy person.

Where is he from? Also, why sleep with someone if youre not in a relationship i dont understand.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Kyoushi
Where is he from? Also, why sleep with someone if youre not in a relationship i dont understand.

Why do you not understand? it's not complicated
Reply 16
Original post by summerbirdreads
Why do you not understand? it's not complicated

Well do you mind answering those questions then?
Original post by Kyoushi
Well do you mind answering those questions then?

People have plenty of reasons to sleep with someone without having a relationship with that person, it could be because they want to have sex but don't want a relationship etc
Original post by Kyoushi
Stupid kid, go to sleep. You're not qualified to answer

Um it's about 6:30 pm
Firstly, just because you seen online that there's a dating app for over 50's, it doesn't mean that is the one he uses. Secondly, why do you think he's obliged to tell you? You seem pretty controlling and he isn't even your boyfriend.

No but that was the app on his phone. The notification said ‘view your today matches’ then the other one was a bunch of girls messaging him’ but obviously I didn’t click on the messages

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending