Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham offers

When does Durham send out offers?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
When does Durham send out offers?

i have the same question, but from what I've heard they are usually very slow - can be in march! :frown:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Thats SO ANNOYING, waiting till MARCH :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by dolcie000
i have the same question, but from what I've heard they are usually very slow - can be in march! :frown:

What did u apply for
They are amongst the slowest, I remember getting an offer in March. I sent off the application in November I think.
Reply 5
Original post by random_matt
They are amongst the slowest, I remember getting an offer in March. I sent off the application in November I think.

Okay thank you! How did you decide ur college prefernces?
Okay thank you! How did you decide ur college prefernces?

I forgot to add any, I was put in Cuthbert's in the end. There is not many self-catered options anyway. Besides this was a few years ago, I hear their allocation methods have changed.
Reply 7
I forgot to add any, I was put in Cuthbert's in the end. There is not many self-catered options anyway. Besides this was a few years ago, I hear their allocation methods have changed.

Yes now we have to rank all 16 undergrad colleges, but i dont rlly know much about them
Yes now we have to rank all 16 undergrad colleges, but i dont rlly know much about them

Catered or self-catered?
Ensuite or no ensuite?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 9
I dont know which one id prefer, because there arent many shops in durham.
And all the ensuite ones are far away and on a hill.
So no college has really strood out to me
Hi does anyone know when we need to send documents to Durham? There's a space on the application portal for them and it implies that they need to be sent but I haven't heard anything about it
I dont know which one id prefer, because there arent many shops in durham.
And all the ensuite ones are far away and on a hill.
So no college has really strood out to me

St Johns looks nice, as does Mary I think. Obviously living within the Castle is nice. For self-catered I myself would probably choose which ever allows to walk through the botanical garden.
Original post by james.m64
Hi does anyone know when we need to send documents to Durham? There's a space on the application portal for them and it implies that they need to be sent but I haven't heard anything about it

I think its only if youre applying for certain courses/ if you have any issues w ur nationality/residency
St Johns looks nice, as does Mary I think. Obviously living within the Castle is nice. For self-catered I myself would probably choose which ever allows to walk through the botanical garden.

Okay thanks :smile:
What did u apply for

law! :smile:
Original post by swjp
Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 20.24.33.png
if it helps i made this table, then colour-coded each one (e.g. If you like gowned formals make gowned green and non-gowned red, for each column), and used that to help in ranking every college!

thank you so much!!!
Original post by swjp
Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 20.24.33.png
If it helps I made this table, then colour-coded each one (e.g. if you like gowned formals make gowned green and non-gowned red, for each column), and used that to help in ranking every college!

Just in case it changes anything - neither Hild Bede or St Cuthberts are on the hill. Cuths is on the Bailey (with significant accommodation off their main site, but still in Elvet so considerably closer to town than the hill) and Hild Bede is up a hill I suppose, but in the opposite direction to the other hill colleges so is usually considered an honourable Bailey college.

Interesting reputations btw :lol:
I think its only if youre applying for certain courses/ if you have any issues w ur nationality/residency

hey, so if it isn't specified, we don't have to, right? like we dont have to upload anything unless they ask us?
Original post by madlad2003
hey, so if it isn't specified, we don't have to, right? like we dont have to upload anything unless they ask us?

Yes. I am not submitting anything unless they ask. You could always email the student help people?
Original post by madlad2003

I got a reply from them and they said 'We do not require you to upload any documents to us at this stage unless we contact you to ask for them. should you receive an offer, we would let you know what we need.'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending