The Student Room Group

Do you agree with the stereotype that only attractive people work at JD?

There is an opening for a job at a JD near me and I asked my sister if I should apply and pretty much said that I'm not pretty enough and I wouldn't "fit in." would it be a good Idea for me to still apply regardless of my sisters comment ?
Reply 1
Original post by gasgasgas
There is an opening for a job at a JD near me and I asked my sister if I should apply and pretty much said that I'm not pretty enough and I wouldn't "fit in." would it be a good Idea for me to still apply regardless of my sisters comment ?

It is true. I noticed JD employees are always good looking. Maybe apply to Sports Direct instead
Nah

I think generally they try hire attractive people especially goodlooking girls but the odd uggo gets through.
Reply 3
Original post by 0mg
It is true. I noticed JD employees are always good looking. Maybe apply to Sports Direct instead

oof. I could try that
Reply 4
Original post by Little pecker
Nah

I think generally they try hire attractive people especially goodlooking girls but the odd uggo gets through.

hopefully that could be me :smile:. It's a seasonal job so it's only temporary I think
The few times I’ve been to JD, I haven’t been bowled over by anyone’s attractiveness, they’re just normal people. But then again, that might be because I’m focusing on finding shoes, rather than people’s faces.
Reply 6
Original post by gasgasgas
oof. I could try that

Good luck
Reply 7
Original post by 0mg
Good luck

thank you
Reply 8
Original post by Mesopotamian.
The few times I’ve been to JD, I haven’t been bowled over by anyone’s attractiveness, they’re just normal people. But then again, that might be because I’m focusing on finding shoes, rather than people’s faces.

makes sense
Reply 9
bump :smile:
you might as well try applying. you probably won't lose much.

but I haven't noticed that jd workers are particularly attractive personally
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Obolinda
you might as well try applying. you probably won't lose much.

but I haven't noticed that jd workers are particularly attractive personally

interesting perspective. thank you :smile:
I have two large JD’s near me. Neither of them have what I’d call attractive employees, although what I find attractive might be different to most peoples tastes. Might aswell go for it OP
Reply 13
Original post by Smeraldettoi
I have two large JD’s near me. Neither of them have what I’d call attractive employees, although what I find attractive might be different to most peoples tastes. Might aswell go for it OP

will do 👍
Honestly, they look like road mans/girls to me... go for it, you're pretty in your own way (we all are)...
I haven’t been in several years nor have I ever heard this stereotype.

It’s just a standard retail job :curious:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending