The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

University of Manchester entry requirements

Hi Everyone
I am so confused because I want to study BAECON accounting and finance at manchester my gcse grades are enough and I am studying BTEC business level 3 extended diploma and I have already got D* from my first year and now I am predicted as D*D*D* or D*D*D. and also I have done a level native language and I have started the course when I have started my BTEC course and I have completed my native language and I have got A* which manchester is also asking for A level with BTEC diploma.
However I have spoken with them and they told me that they would reject and wouldn't consider an application because I have done my a level in advance which I believe it doesn't make sense because end of the day they should check my overall grade if I have got that grade or not ?
Basically they are saying that because I have already done it they wouldn't considered an application which I believe its kinda doesn't make sense
Now here I am even thinking to retake my a level even I have got A* because I only want to go manchester and I am not even thinking of any other options and at some point I thought that I should only apply to manchester.
could someone help me please
(edited 2 years ago)
hi there
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Ardaafsar
Hi Everyone
I am so confused because I want to study BAECON accounting and finance at manchester my gcse grades are enough and I am studying BTEC business level 3 extended diploma and I have already got D* from my first year and now I am predicted as D*D*D* or D*D*D. and also I have done a level native language and I have started the course when I have started my BTEC course and I have completed my native language and I have got A* which manchester is also asking for A level with BTEC diploma.
However I have spoken with them and they told me that they would reject and wouldn't consider an application because I have done my a level in advance which I believe it doesn't make sense because end of the day they should check my overall grade if I have got that grade or not ?
Basically they are saying that because I have already done it they wouldn't considered an application which I believe its kinda doesn't make sense
Now here I am even thinking to retake my a level even I have got A* because I only want to go manchester and I am not even thinking of any other options and at some point I thought that I should only apply to manchester.

just wanted to ask, are u doing a unit called business decision making
Original post by bowhello21
just wanted to ask, are u doing a unit called business decision making

I do
I do

oh same, i'm kinda struggling with revising for it do you have any advice?
oh same, i'm kinda struggling with revising for it do you have any advice?

tbh I find it really easy but it depends on your understanding of the topic
is it unit 7 or 6 because I am getting confused and dm me I would help you x
tbh I find it really easy but it depends on your understanding of the topic
is it unit 7 or 6 because I am getting confused and dm me I would help you x

it's unit 7 and it's not letting me answer your dm
(edited 2 years ago)
it's unit 7 and it's not letting me answer your dm

I know the dm system is here is so bad lmao its so confusing
Hi Everyone

To be honest this is a fairly normal policy. Many unis prefer qualifications taken over the same period and ones completed early may be discounted. If they require at least one AL alongside your BTEC then they’re within their rights to ask for them to have been completed at the same time.

Did you ask them if they’ll accept a retake under these circumstances?
Original post by Admit-One
To be honest this is a fairly normal policy. Many unis prefer qualifications taken over the same period and ones completed early may be discounted. If they require at least one AL alongside your BTEC then they’re within their rights to ask for them to have been completed at the same time.

Did you ask them if they’ll accept a retake under these circumstances?

I just asked them and waiting them to respond me back hopefully they do accept it
I only want to go Manchester and I do not even think of any other universities :frown:
I just asked them and waiting them to respond me back hopefully they do accept it
I only want to go Manchester and I do not even think of any other universities :frown:

Even if they do accept a retake, that’ll only tell you whether you’ll be considered, it’s not a guarantee of an offer. It would be sensible to think of your plan B option, unless you’d prefer a non-Uni route if Manchester falls through.
Even if they do accept a retake, that’ll only tell you whether you’ll be considered, it’s not a guarantee of an offer. It would be sensible to think of your plan B option, unless you’d prefer a non-Uni route if Manchester falls through.

I really want to go uni but like Manchester was my main priority

I at least want them to consider an application :frown: so they can see whereas if they would make an offer however hearing from them saying they wouldn't even consider makes me feel so bad
I know the dm system is here is so bad lmao its so confusing

what's ur ig?
I at least want them to consider an application :frown: so they can see whereas if they would make an offer however hearing from them saying they wouldn't even consider makes me feel so bad

There are other and better places than Manchester, if they're not willing to accept you, then why go there?
Original post by Aspstudent
There are other and better places than Manchester, if they're not willing to accept you, then why go there?

what would you recommend my other options are Birmingham notts york or Liverpool and 5th one is qmul but I feel most comfortable with manchester
what would you recommend my other options are Birmingham notts york or Liverpool and 5th one is qmul but I feel most comfortable with manchester

You can try and contact Manchester again to see if they're willing to consider your application, however, your best options could be Nottingham after that (depending on what career you want to pursue).
Original post by Aspstudent
You can try and contact Manchester again to see if they're willing to consider your application, however, your best options could be Nottingham after that (depending on what career you want to pursue).

hopefully , I want to do accounting and finance at uni,
but like after my degree I need to do one more degree related to the accounting idk if you know but there is something called acca ( chartered accountant)
you need exemptions for the exams etc and actually notts gives the most exemptions so :smile: might as well think of it but not sure
hopefully , I want to do accounting and finance at uni,
but like after my degree I need to do one more degree related to the accounting idk if you know but there is something called acca ( chartered accountant)
you need exemptions for the exams etc and actually notts gives the most exemptions so :smile: might as well think of it but not sure

Yeah,I already know about that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending