The Student Room Group

Student accommodation emergency can’t pay rent

I only have one card which i know is not ideal but I lost that card and have been waiting for a replacement since the 3rd of October and it still hasn’t arrived . I callled my bank up on numerous occasions and they have to cancel or re issue new cards as it was taking so long to arrive . It still hasn’t arrived and they assured me that it would arrive today (25/10/21) and my rent is due in a few days . I don’t know what to do I’m really worried . How should I tell my uni, will they understand??
Any help appreciated
Reply 1
Ring the accommodation people, I’m sure there are other ways to pay. Can you pay via bank transfer? Or by setting up a standing order?

Have you checked you address with the bank to make sure it’s being delivered to the correct address?
Original post by amber2106
I only have one card which i know is not ideal but I lost that card and have been waiting for a replacement since the 3rd of October and it still hasn’t arrived . I callled my bank up on numerous occasions and they have to cancel or re issue new cards as it was taking so long to arrive . It still hasn’t arrived and they assured me that it would arrive today (25/10/21) and my rent is due in a few days . I don’t know what to do I’m really worried . How should I tell my uni, will they understand??
Any help appreciated

Hey, the best option would be to alert your accommodation admin before the actual due date. This will show them you're responsible and all give them enough time to advice you on alternative payment methods. Goodluck, and don't panic.

Lee-Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending