The Student Room Group

Favourite place you've lived in the UK?

As above. Side question: Has anybody lived in Edinburgh, Manchester or Bristol and did they like it? I'm considering these cities to move to for work. I'd like a city with a nice atmosphere where people have generally good lifestyles.

Scroll to see replies

I lived in both Bristol and Manchester, I like Bristol because I pretty much spent my early childhood there but well all the recent memories are in Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by summerbirdreads
I lived in both Bristol and Manchester, I like Bristol because I pretty much spent my early childhood there but well all the recent memories are in Manchester

If you went to live in Bristol now as an adult how would you find it? I also heard bristol is more green compared to manchester
Original post by Anonymous
If you went to live in Bristol now as an adult how would you find it? I also heard bristol is more green compared to manchester

I think I would like Bristol although some bad things happened to me there, I would move back
Reply 4
I think I would like Bristol although some bad things happened to me there, I would move back

Really what bad things? like in public?
Really what bad things? like in public?

No in school lol, I don't think you'll have to worry lol
Reply 6
No in school lol, I don't think you'll have to worry lol

Oh you mean bad memories, am sorry to hear that
I lived in Manchester. It's my favorite place to live.
Oh you mean bad memories, am sorry to hear that

I did get some comments in public about my hijab wearing habits in both cities though
Reply 9
Original post by Sabertooth
I lived in Manchester. It's my favorite place to live.

What did you like most about it? I went once and felt like if you're not cool and fun as a young person you won't enjoy it as much, like london
I did get some comments in public about my hijab wearing habits in both cities though

That is rubbish of them
The moment I stepped out if London I instantly disliked it.
Original post by Little pecker
The moment I stepped out if London I instantly disliked it.

I get a wave of relief when I leave London even if it's to a 'boring' city dunno why but convince myself it's the place to be and i'm lucky to be there blah blah
That is rubbish of them

Yeah but I guess that'll be prevalent in many places so doesn't really matter and it was just 1 or 2 people anyway :smile:
What did you like most about it? I went once and felt like if you're not cool and fun as a young person you won't enjoy it as much, like london

I don't like London.

I just loved the whole vibe of Manchester. All the different ethnic restaurants, bars and stores it's so much fun. It just feels very "alternative". Like I would hang out with my friends in the park or the curry mile and it was so chill. Everything in the center is so close together in a way that London isn't.
I don't like London.

I just loved the whole vibe of Manchester. All the different ethnic restaurants, bars and stores it's so much fun. It just feels very "alternative". Like I would hang out with my friends in the park or the curry mile and it was so chill. Everything in the center is so close together in a way that London isn't.

PRSOM
Yeah but I guess that'll be prevalent in many places so doesn't really matter and it was just 1 or 2 people anyway :smile:

People always find something to make others uncomfortable. I used to get loud comments about my skin
I don't like London.

Do you think it's nice to live in if you're not a partier or have many friends?
Do you think it's nice to live in if you're not a partier or have many friends?

Yes it is
Oxford hands down.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending