The Student Room Group

Bought a G-spot Vibrator - doesnt fit!! Virgin

Basically, I bought the share satisfaction Kama
It is a G-spot and clitoral vibrator
Unfortunately, the clitoral part doesn't work without inserting the vibrator
Which i thought would be fine, given I can fit 3 fingers and have used tampons or cups my whole life
Turns out it doesnt fit, I can get to almost the thickest part (4 inch girth) and it hurts so much
I really want to force it through to tear my hymen, because I'd rather tear my hymen now where I can sort it out than when having sex for the first time, but I literally cant push it through its so tight

Yes I use lube,
I got turned on before trying insertions
I was relaxed
etc

Basically, how can I stretch my Hymen without it hurting like a b*tch? Should I just keep trying to *gently* force it through? The sooner it fits the better tbh, Both so I can use my new vibrator, and to prevent stress about sex in the future.
Many thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Which i thought would be fine, given I can fit 3 fingers and have used tampons or cups my whole life
Turns out it doesnt fit, I can get to almost the thickest part (4 inch girth) and it hurts so much
I really want to force it through to tear my hymen, because I'd rather tear my hymen now where I can sort it out than when having sex for the first time, but I literally cant push it through its so tight

Yes I use lube,
I was relaxed
etc

Basically, how can I stretch my Hymen without it hurting like a b*tch? Should I just keep trying to *gently* force it through? The sooner it fits the better tbh, Both so I can use my new vibrator, and to prevent stress about sex in the future.
Many thanks

You can either continue using the one you bought and gently use it with extra lub and try to go further each time till eventually you break your hymem.

Or try buying another type of toy to use till eventually you are in.

Trying to relax more will help you plus lying on your back with knees up & open will help as well......... Your hymem isn't that deep in so if you in that far then you not millimeters away from going through it.

Gently forcing it through will be fine to do ok, unfortunately it may hurt at first but don't worry.
The problem is as well our body ain't use to anything foreign in it .

( For people who have one, the hymen can be easy to detect. It usually lies within 0.8 inches (1–2 centimeters) of the vaginal opening, creating a partial boundary between the external and internal genital organs ))

And considering the virgina is about 6/7 inch deep then you in about 4 inches you said which is strange considering how deep it is.
(edited 2 years ago)

Yes I use lube,
I was relaxed
etc

Many thanks

Given that you can fit 3 fingers in your vagina what makes you think that you still have a hymen?
Reply 3
Original post by Tracey_W
You can either continue using the one you bought and gently use it with extra lub and try to go further each time till eventually you break your hymem.

Or try buying another type of toy to use till eventually you are in.

Trying to relax more will help you plus lying on your back with knees up & open will help as well......... Your hymem isn't that deep in so if you in that far then you not millimeters away from going through it.

Gently forcing it through will be fine to do ok, unfortunately it may hurt at first but don't worry.
The problem is as well our body ain't use to anything foreign in it .

( For people who have one, the hymen can be easy to detect. It usually lies within 0.8 inches (1–2 centimeters) of the vaginal opening, creating a partial boundary between the external and internal genital organs ))

And considering the virgina is about 6/7 inch deep then you in about 4 inches you said which is strange considering how deep it is.

Ah no sorry, I can't get it very deep at all. The thickest part of the toy is 4 inches in circumference
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
Given that you can fit 3 fingers in your vagina what makes you think that you still have a hymen?

Because if I didn't wouldn't I'd be able to fit the toy? It hurts the opening, and I can feel my hymen. I'm pretty sure my hymen has stretched over the years (horse riding etc) so I can fit 3 fingers, but anything thicker just doesn't go
Ah no sorry, I can't get it very deep at all. The thickest part of the toy is 4 inches in circumference

Only thing to do then is get a smaller toy till you can break through your heynem.
There is thinner toys available which you'll need to find one from local shop or online.

The hymen can stretch or even tear during many intense physical activities like cycling, swimming, horse riding, etc. Use of tampons and inserting something in your vagina (fingers, sex toys, etc) can also stretch the hymen.
Reply 6
Only thing to do then is get a smaller toy till you can break through your heynem.
There is thinner toys available which you'll need to find one from local shop or online.

The hymen can stretch or even tear during many intense physical activities like cycling, swimming, horse riding, etc. Use of tampons and inserting something in your vagina (fingers, sex toys, etc) can also stretch the hymen.

I've put smaller stuff in though, and it doesn't hurt or stretch at all. Any smaller is fine
Usually, when putting the vibrator in, it seems like it will go all the way then just stop and stings if I try to push it anymore
Should I just forcefully push it all the way, so I don't have to worry about sex in the future? (because if i cant fit this, then sex will really hurt and I'd rather hurt now than later)
Reply 7
Update
I gently forced it in, it stung a little on the entry and exit but not nearly as bad as previous attempts
I basically plan on using it to stretch the opening over the next couple of weeks, to make insertion and exit pain-free, then I can hopefully actually enjoy it, and not worry about sex
I don't think I broke the hymen, given there was no blood compared to yesterday, but I probably stretched it
Pretty sure I still have one, unless you can be super tight without one???? Not sure
Does this sound like an appropriate plan?
I've put smaller stuff in though, and it doesn't hurt or stretch at all. Any smaller is fine
Usually, when putting the vibrator in, it seems like it will go all the way then just stop and stings if I try to push it anymore
Should I just forcefully push it all the way, so I don't have to worry about sex in the future? (because if i cant fit this, then sex will really hurt and I'd rather hurt now than later)

So question is if you can get your toy in all the way then you don't have a heynem anymore .

It would stop when it can't go any further in your vagina as obviously nowhere to go once reached it maximum depth.

Yes force it in all the way and enjoy it.......!!
At first it can hurt but get easier as you do it more .
Update
I gently forced it in, it stung a little on the entry and exit but not nearly as bad as previous attempts
I basically plan on using it to stretch the opening over the next couple of weeks, to make insertion and exit pain-free, then I can hopefully actually enjoy it, and not worry about sex
I don't think I broke the hymen, given there was no blood compared to yesterday, but I probably stretched it
Pretty sure I still have one, unless you can be super tight without one???? Not sure
Does this sound like an appropriate plan?

Hi

Good you now got it inside you.
Through time with using it more it should get far easier and less painful over the coming weeks,
Just be more relaxing when you using it and take your time at first and gradually pick up pace untill you thoroughly enjoy things.

It's impossible to get your toy fully inside you without breaking your heynem and it will be slightly tight till you do this more and more.

And as a NHS registered midwife I think you don't have a heynem anymore plus you don't necessary have to bleed when you beak your heynem and lose your virginity. Not all woman will bleed when they having sex for first time and even using a toy don't mean you'll bleed either.

Just remember when you have sex for first time with a boyfriend don't necessary mean it won't be sore as depend on how he do things.
Hi

Good you now got it inside you.
Through time with using it more it should get far easier and less painful over the coming weeks,
Just be more relaxing when you using it and take your time at first and gradually pick up pace untill you thoroughly enjoy things.

It's impossible to get your toy fully inside you without breaking your heynem and it will be slightly tight till you do this more and more.

And as a NHS registered midwife I think you don't have a heynem anymore plus you don't necessary have to bleed when you beak your heynem and lose your virginity. Not all woman will bleed when they having sex for first time and even using a toy don't mean you'll bleed either.

Just remember when you have sex for first time with a boyfriend don't necessary mean it won't be sore as depend on how he do things.

Thanks! Basically, I've been able to fit it multiple times, however it still stings and bleeds. I've noticed it stings from the same spot as usual, so I'm guessing I've torn my vaginal wall or something. I gave it like 4-5 days to heal before trying again but it re-tore the same spot. Do i just ignore the tear and it will heal itself, and keep using the vibrator even tho it stings on entry and exit (once it's in it doesn't hurt so I can still enjoy it) and eventually it will stop hurting? Or do I wait a week for the tear to fully heal to use it again, in hopes it won't hurt cause it wont have torn?Thank you!
Thanks! Basically, I've been able to fit it multiple times, however it still stings and bleeds. I've noticed it stings from the same spot as usual, so I'm guessing I've torn my vaginal wall or something. I gave it like 4-5 days to heal before trying again but it re-tore the same spot. Do i just ignore the tear and it will heal itself, and keep using the vibrator even tho it stings on entry and exit (once it's in it doesn't hurt so I can still enjoy it) and eventually it will stop hurting? Or do I wait a week for the tear to fully heal to use it again, in hopes it won't hurt cause it wont have torn?Thank you!

Hi
See you are doing better now with using the toy which is good to hear except obviously the bleeding part you having while using it. You torn tissues inside which is causing this problem - your plan of letting it heal is a good sensible one ok, I wrote stuff below that may help you with it ( some I know won't apply to you as not involved with a man at moment ). and if it don't heal or continue then perhaps visit to your GP will be best thing to do ( don't feel embarrassed telling them what you doing ok as better being honest ).
If it heals properly then it shouldn't hurt you ok. Try if possible putting it to opposite side when you put it in to avoid the sore area for now !!!
Enjoy your fun still. I wish everybody like you would do the samething when this happens.

Occasionally, sexual activity can lead to accidental rips and tears. While vaginal and anal rips are more common, penile rips happen too.

Most small tears heal on their own, but others may require medical treatment.
If you’re in need of immediate relief
If you’ve just torn or ripped your vagina, anus, or penis, immediately stop masturbating or engaging in other sexual activity.

Avoid engaging in further sexual activity until the area has fully healed.
If the tear or surrounding area is bleeding, do your best to identify where the blood is coming from, and apply slight pressure with a cloth or towel to help staunch the wound.

If the wound continues to bleed after a minute or so of pressure, or if blood is soaking through the cloth or towel, seek medical care as soon as possible.
In some cases, this could be a sign of an underlying condition that requires medical treatment.

Avoid inserting anything into a torn vagina, including sex toys, tampons, menstrual cups, douches, or anything else, as this can irritate the tear.

To ease pain, you could try the following:

Sit in a sitz bath, which is a shallow, warm bath, to clean your genitals. You might add an antibacterial agent or a natural additive like salt, vinegar, or baking soda.
Wash the area thoroughly to avoid an infection. Dry off thoroughly with a clean towel.
If the rip or tear is external (that is, not inside the vagina or anus), you can apply an antiseptic cream.
Apply a cool compress over the area. This could be an ice pack wrapped in a clean towel, or a cool cloth.
Wear loose, cotton underwear that doesn’t rub uncomfortably against your genitals.
Over-the-counter pain medication, like ibuprofen, might provide some relief.
If the pain is unbearable, it’s a good idea to talk to a doctor or other healthcare provider.

Manual stimulation including fingering and fisting can also cause tears, as can using sex toys.

Why it happens
Tears can happen during sexual activity for a number of reasons, including:
A lack of lubrication. Many people have vaginal dryness, which can increase friction inside the vagina and lead to tears. It’s a good idea to use lubricant.
If you’re not sure what caused it, it might be a good idea to talk to your doctor or other healthcare provider.
Hi
See you are doing better now with using the toy which is good to hear except obviously the bleeding part you having while using it. You torn tissues inside which is causing this problem - your plan of letting it heal is a good sensible one ok, I wrote stuff below that may help you with it ( some I know won't apply to you as not involved with a man at moment ). and if it don't heal or continue then perhaps visit to your GP will be best thing to do ( don't feel embarrassed telling them what you doing ok as better being honest ).
If it heals properly then it shouldn't hurt you ok. Try if possible putting it to opposite side when you put it in to avoid the sore area for now !!!
Enjoy your fun still. I wish everybody like you would do the samething when this happens.

Occasionally, sexual activity can lead to accidental rips and tears. While vaginal and anal rips are more common, penile rips happen too.

Most small tears heal on their own, but others may require medical treatment.
If you’re in need of immediate relief
If you’ve just torn or ripped your vagina, anus, or penis, immediately stop masturbating or engaging in other sexual activity.

Avoid engaging in further sexual activity until the area has fully healed.
If the tear or surrounding area is bleeding, do your best to identify where the blood is coming from, and apply slight pressure with a cloth or towel to help staunch the wound.

If the wound continues to bleed after a minute or so of pressure, or if blood is soaking through the cloth or towel, seek medical care as soon as possible.
In some cases, this could be a sign of an underlying condition that requires medical treatment.

Avoid inserting anything into a torn vagina, including sex toys, tampons, menstrual cups, douches, or anything else, as this can irritate the tear.

To ease pain, you could try the following:

Sit in a sitz bath, which is a shallow, warm bath, to clean your genitals. You might add an antibacterial agent or a natural additive like salt, vinegar, or baking soda.
Wash the area thoroughly to avoid an infection. Dry off thoroughly with a clean towel.
If the rip or tear is external (that is, not inside the vagina or anus), you can apply an antiseptic cream.
Apply a cool compress over the area. This could be an ice pack wrapped in a clean towel, or a cool cloth.
Wear loose, cotton underwear that doesn’t rub uncomfortably against your genitals.
Over-the-counter pain medication, like ibuprofen, might provide some relief.
If the pain is unbearable, it’s a good idea to talk to a doctor or other healthcare provider.

Manual stimulation including fingering and fisting can also cause tears, as can using sex toys.

Why it happens
Tears can happen during sexual activity for a number of reasons, including:
A lack of lubrication. Many people have vaginal dryness, which can increase friction inside the vagina and lead to tears. It’s a good idea to use lubricant.
If you’re not sure what caused it, it might be a good idea to talk to your doctor or other healthcare provider.

Thanks so much! on average how long does it take to heal? Because I can't really tell if it's healed until I re-tear it, as it doesn't hurt unless its stretched via penetration (So tampons dont hurt it but using my cup or vibe does etc)
My cup didn't use to hurt
Thanks so much! on average how long does it take to heal? Because I can't really tell if it's healed until I re-tear it, as it doesn't hurt unless its stretched via penetration (So tampons dont hurt it but using my cup or vibe does etc)
My cup didn't use to hurt

No worries hunni x

It can take usually about a week to start healing up depending on how big a tear you have.
Only use the cup when on your periods as no point otherwise.?
Tampons will probably not hurt as it must be missing wherever you have cut yourself inside..!!!

Would avoid aggravating the cut/tear anymore untill fully healed up.
Exactly my thoughts, i only can fit 3 fingers on mine and i am not virgin.

Yes I use lube,
I was relaxed
etc

Many thanks

The whole hymen thing is kind of silly tbh you’ve probably already broken it doing something else like riding a bike or putting tampons in. Just try to find a way to use the clitoral part or use your fingers beforehand so that it’s easier. It’s not supposed to hurt that much if you’re turned on enough and your body is ready
Original post by ageshallnot

That's not how hymens have ever worked

Quick Reply

Latest