The Student Room Group

Does my crush like me?

I have a crush on a girl at university. I'm a quiet, shy guy and I haven't yet been able to say anything to her except watch her from afar. I'm also incredibly busy with my studies and don't see her that often due to pressure from studies, work and life.
But each time I see her, I end up staring at her like a wide eyed person. Embarrassing, I know.

However, I ve seen that each time I stare at her, she stares at me too. We have had eye contact. I also overheard her asking a lady I said Hi to that she knew me.
On three occasions whilst I was smoking outside, I saw her look towards the place I always smoke. I was already looking at her so we caught each other , watching.

Once, I was printing, she looked at me twice before leaving. The second time, I was looking at her and she was going the other way but turned back to see snd even she saw me, she stopped, stood there, also looking at me. I thought she would cone to chat but then her friend came, and she saw her and she went over to her.

I did go out to get tea and I noticed that each time I passed her, she was watching me.
What do you think???
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

You should speak to her, if u are too shy to chat face to face then talk to her online
Original post by megeveeee
I have a crush on a girl at university. I'm a quiet, shy guy and I haven't yet been able to say anything to her except watch her from afar. I'm also incredibly busy with my studies and don't see her that often due to pressure from studies, work and life.
But each time I see her, I end up staring at her like a wide eyed person. Embarrassing, I know.

However, I ve seen that each time I stare at her, she stares at me too. We have had eye contact. I also overheard her asking a lady I said Hi to that she knew me.
On three occasions whilst I was smoking outside, I saw her look towards the place I always smoke. I was already looking at her so we caught each other , watching.

Once, I was printing, she looked at me twice before leaving. The second time, I was looking at her and she was going the other way but turned back to see snd even she saw me, she stopped, stood there, also looking at me. I thought she would cone to chat but then her friend came, and she saw her and she went over to her.

I did go out to get tea and I noticed that each time I passed her, she was watching me.
What do you think???

Only way to find out is to ask of course.
I don’t think so, you smoke.
Reply 4
Original post by sufys12
Only way to find out is to ask of course.

Yes but what do you reckon?
Reply 5
Original post by Biggie_Cheese_10
You should speak to her, if u are too shy to chat face to face then talk to her online

But do you think she fancies me?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I don’t think so, you smoke.

Smoke? :/ why is that?
Yes but what do you reckon?

I think she likes you given that she seemingly looks at you a lot. However smoking like Anon 1 said is generally considered to be a negative trait in a partner. For one, your breath would stink. You would be considered unhealthy and perhaps even silly for smoking given the increased rate of lung cancer and many other cancers caused by it.
But of course if she is looking at you and likes you then she would likely see through the smoking.
Reply 8
Original post by sufys12
I think she likes you given that she seemingly looks at you a lot. However smoking like Anon 1 said is generally considered to be a negative trait in a partner. For one, your breath would stink. You would be considered unhealthy and perhaps even silly for smoking given the increased rate of lung cancer and many other cancers caused by it.
But of course if she is looking at you and likes you then she would likely see through the smoking.

"The second time, I was looking at her and she was going the other way but turned back to see snd even she saw me, she stopped, stood there, also looking at me. I thought she would cone to chat but then her friend came, and she saw her and she went over to her".

What do you think of this one??

If she wants me to quit smoking, I will try it. I know she's seen me smoking a few times :/
Smoke? :/ why is that?

It’s bad for you :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
It’s bad for you :smile:

"The second time, I was looking at her and she was going the other way but turned back to see snd even she saw me, she stopped, stood there, also looking at me. I thought she would cone to chat but then her friend came, and she saw her and she went over to her".

If she wants me to quit smoking, I will try it. I know she's seen me smoking a few times :/

I will try to quit :/
“I’m going to grab a coffee, do you want one?”

What do you think???

She might do, but you just need to get over your shyness and talk to her if you like her or live your life never knowing. No offence but at this point you sound like Jo from YOU otherwise..
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by AnnaBananana
“I’m going to grab a coffee, do you want one?”

?????
Reply 14
Original post by Rmarm
She might do, but you just need to get over your shyness and talk to her if you like her or live your life never knowing. No offence but at this point you sound like Jo from YOU otherwise..

This one?
If I read someone say all this about me I would be weirded out just saying...come and say to me if you like me...it's strange to just observe for too long, get out your comfort zone or don't read into it
(edited 2 years ago)
?????

Next time she’s looking or hanging out on her own. “I’m going to grab a coffee, do you want one?”

🙄
Reply 17
Original post by AnnaBananana
Next time she’s looking or hanging out on her own. “I’m going to grab a coffee, do you want one?”

🙄

But do you think she also fancies me?
But do you think she also fancies me?

Stop doubting yourself and ask. There's only way to find out.

I will try to quit :/

:smile: Do it for yourself and not for her
Reply 19
Original post by Htx_x346
Stop doubting yourself and ask. There's only way to find out.

:smile: Do it for yourself and not for her

I'm scared to approach her. That's why asking if her actions indicate her fancying me too?

I ve tried before and it didn't work

Quick Reply