The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Official University of Manchester Applicants Thread 2022

Hi all! I haven't seen a thread for the UoM yet so I thought I'd make one!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of Manchester for 2022 entry.

Meet and chat to other people applying here!

Ice breaker questions:

- What course are you applying for?

- What subjects are you studying now?

- Predicted grades? (Only if you feel comfortable disclosing!)

- Why Manchester?

- Any other choices?

Offer tracker form:
FORM: https://forms.gle/GXTLBq5N5rMzkSDg9

Spreadsheet: (for some reason, this link will not work. I have tried to fix it for months now but it always comes up with an error. I have absolutely no idea how to fix this as I didn't make the spreadsheets, but if you go to page 12 on this thread, there will be the original post containing these links by "Freakofin" and you can access the data there! :smile:)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk

You can find a link to the UCAS Applications + Uni group chat threads 2022 Official thread here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7066634&p=96067663&page=8#post96067663

Good luck everyone!
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'll start. I'm applying for MMath and currently take Maths, Further Maths, Financial Studies, Economics and Welsh Baccalaureate. I've achieved A*A* in maths and finance and am predicted A*A* in fm and wb (and an A for AS economics as my school didn't run it last year!)
As a Welsh applicant, I find the city of Manchester quite endearing, particularly the architecture and just the general vibes.
I'm have also applied to Oxford, Imperial, Edinburgh and Cardiff.

Best of luck everyone! :biggrin:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Hi :smile:

I applied for Law (M100)

I am currently doing the IB, my HL subjects are English Language and Literature, Global Politics, and German B

- Predicted Grades?
42, 776

- Why Manchester?
A close family friend of mine studied at the University of Manchester and recommended it when I was looking for universities. It’s also just a really great school and when I visited Manchester a few years back I thought it was quite a nice place to live.

- Any other choices?
Yes. Manchester is currently my fourth choice and I’ve got an offer from my fifth choice, University of Birmingham

Good luck everyone!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Indililam1
Hi all! I haven't seen a thread for the UoM yet so I thought I'd make one!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of Manchester for 2022 entry.

Meet and chat to other people applying here!

Ice breaker questions:

- Predicted grades? (Only if you feel comfortable disclosing!)

- Why Manchester?

- Any other choices?

You can find a link to the UCAS Applications + Uni group chat threads 2022 Official thread here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7066634&p=96067663&page=8#post96067663

Good luck everyone!

- What course are you applying for?- Law with International Study

- What subjects are you studying now? History, Political Science, Psychology, Economics, English

- Predicted grades? (Only if you feel comfortable disclosing!) an aggregate of 96.4%

- Why Manchester? My brother goes there, and on campus it looked pretty great. Also if i'm being completely honest, because i wanted to have a last backup option that did not need the LNAT.

- Any other choices? Yes, Manchester is my 5th choice. I've applied to KCL, UCL, LSE, Oxford (in increasing order of preference) too.
Reply 4
Hey, I'm applying to Manchester for their Management course. I applied on the 14th and also sent out applications to KCL, Bayes, Queen Mary and Brunel.
hi!
what course: politics with modern hist and hist with american studies
a level subjects: history, chemistry, economics
predicted: school doesnt tell us :frown:
why manchester? p big international community + the open days subject talks won me over + high graduate employability
other choices: lse, ucl, durham
Reply 6
Hey!

- What course are you applying for? Chemical Engineering (applied on 6th October)

- What subjects are you studying now? Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Arabic

- Predicted grades? A*A*AA

- Why Manchester? The birthplace of Chemical Engineering! Amazing new engineering campus, brilliant and diverse university + city!

- Any other choices? UCL, Edinburgh, Cambridge and Queen's Belfast.
Hi everyone!

FINANCE (Applied on 29th September)

Maths, ECONOMICS, ENGLISH, BUSINESS, ACCOUNTANCY

- Predicted grades? 95%+

- Why Manchester? It's one of a kind

- Any other choices? King's, LSE, University of Leeds and Warwick

I recieved an offer last night🥳 :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by bhavika1004
Hi everyone!

- Predicted grades? 95%+

congratulations !!!
Original post by momo66
congratulations !!!

Thank you!
Hi everyone!

- Predicted grades? 95%+

omg im so happy for you and also im applying for BaECON accounting and finance but I haven't made my application yet , and congratulations again x
Thank you so much:smile:
All the best, u will definitely get an offer too. If u need any help do lemme know, I'll be happy to offer u help.
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi everyone!

- Predicted grades? 95%+

Congrats! I'm applying for BAEcon Finance too. What career do you want to go into?
Reply 13
Physics
A*A*A*A* Maths, FM, Physics, Chemistry
Applied on 10th Oct to Imperial, Oxford, UCL, Manchester and Bristol.

Manchester is the only one yet to confirm receipt of application. I liked the uni when I visited in the Summer. The course looks good.
(edited 2 years ago)
Hey!

- What course are you applying for? Computer Science

- What subjects are you studying now? Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Computer Science and English(which is compulsory smh)

- Predicted grades? (Only if you feel comfortable disclosing!) an aggregate of 99% (but I doubt I'll be able to get that with English being in the aggregate lmao)

- Why Manchester? amazing international community, good industry reputation, city uni

- Any other choices? Manchester's my fifth/fourth choice, I've only applied to universities that I would love to go to so (in increasing order of preference) Edinburgh, Manchester, UCL, Imperial, Oxford
Original post by Anonymous
Congrats! I'm applying for BAEcon Finance too. What career do you want to go into?

heyyyy I am applying for that course too!! have you made you made your application yet
heyyyy I am applying for that course too!! have you made you made your application yet

I've finished my part of UCAS but I have to wait for my teachers to write my reference and give me my predicted grades. They said that they'll only do that after I've finished my mock exams, which are coming up the week after next week.

Hey, thank u! Well I am planning to get into banking or corporate sector. And will take CFA examination.
Hey, thank u! Well I am planning to get into banking or corporate sector. And will take CFA examination.

Same, I'm looking to go into investment banking but I don't think Manchester will help.
I've finished my part of UCAS but I have to wait for my teachers to write my reference and give me my predicted grades. They said that they'll only do that after I've finished my mock exams, which are coming up the week after next week.

what are you predicted and what are your gcses x

Latest

Trending

Trending