The Student Room Group

Music 2022 Uni Applicants

Hello, anyone on here applying to study Music at university (not conservatoire) in 2022?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! I am applying to conservatoires and normal unis for music :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by SDLCM
Hey! I am applying to conservatoires and normal unis for music :smile:

Awesome which places are you going for?
Reply 3
Original post by james.m64
Awesome which places are you going for?

For normal universities, I'm applying to Royal Holloway and University of Leeds (for Maths and Music), City University of London (for Music Tech) and I'm unsure about my other choices. Maybe Durham for standard Music or Kings...not too sure yet. What about you?
Reply 4
Original post by SDLCM
For normal universities, I'm applying to Royal Holloway and University of Leeds (for Maths and Music), City University of London (for Music Tech) and I'm unsure about my other choices. Maybe Durham for standard Music or Kings...not too sure yet. What about you?

Oh awesome those are great. I've applied to Oxford, Kings, Newcastle, Durham and Manchester.
Reply 5
hiya, i’m applying for both conservatoire and uni too - i’ve applied for RCS, RNCM (joint course) and RAM and also Oxford, Manchester, Durham, Edinburgh and Glasgow (i’m from scotland) :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by esmembs
hiya, i’m applying for both conservatoire and uni too - i’ve applied for RCS, RNCM (joint course) and RAM and also Oxford, Manchester, Durham, Edinburgh and Glasgow (i’m from scotland) :smile:

Oh cool! Which Oxford college?
Reply 7
Hello, anyone on here applying to study Music at university (not conservatoire) in 2022?

hey! I am applying for music at Durham, Bristol, York, Edinburgh and Cardiff!
what do you play?
Reply 8
Original post by ezme03
hey! I am applying for music at Durham, Bristol, York, Edinburgh and Cardiff!
what do you play?

Oh cool!
My main instrument is sax, but I also play viola, piano, horn, guitar etc. and sing. My focus is on composition/musicology though instead of perfomance.
You?
Reply 9
Oh cool! Which Oxford college?

Somerville :smile: What about you?
Reply 10
Original post by esmembs

Magdalen :smile: Best of luck to you !!
Reply 11
Magdalen :smile: Best of luck to you !!

you too!!
Reply 12
Oh cool!
My main instrument is sax, but I also play viola, piano, horn, guitar etc. and sing. My focus is on composition/musicology though instead of perfomance.
You?

Ah cool yeah I play cello and piano but I'm also more into the academic side and composition
have you had any offers yet?
Reply 13
Original post by esmembs

Really late to the thread but I interviewed at Somerville for music! Best of luck for the 11th :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by 289
Really late to the thread but I interviewed at Somerville for music! Best of luck for the 11th :smile:

They interviewed me too, how did yours go?
Reply 15
They interviewed me too, how did yours go?

I'm not sure how it went to be honest, time will tell aha.
I found my other one to be slightly more enjoyable due to the topic of discussion, but it was really nice to chat about music with someone who knows a lot about it! How was yours?
Reply 16
Original post by 289
I'm not sure how it went to be honest, time will tell aha.
I found my other one to be slightly more enjoyable due to the topic of discussion, but it was really nice to chat about music with someone who knows a lot about it! How was yours?

Similar for me I think, it was really cool to talk with an actual music professor about stuff
They were all very gruelling but they're supposed to be difficult so I dunno I'm not sure how mine went either
Best of luck for Jan 11th!!
Reply 17
Similar for me I think, it was really cool to talk with an actual music professor about stuff
They were all very gruelling but they're supposed to be difficult so I dunno I'm not sure how mine went either
Best of luck for Jan 11th!!

Yes, exactly!
Fingers crossed we both hear good things on the 11th :smile:
Reply 18
Hi! Any oxford offers today? Got one from St. peter’s
Original post by owenht
Hi! Any oxford offers today? Got one from St. peter’s

hey same I got my offer in september through the organ scholarship scheme from St Peter's

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending