The Student Room Group

Extra qualification for foundation year

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by tortilaa
My only concern is now the UCL entry exam, since I took a gap year and forgot maths already XD lmao

Well, yep, the maths exam is quite challenging. By the way, do the personal statements for Warwick and KCL have to be less than 4,000 characters? Unfortunately, I haven’t found any info about the word limit
Reply 21
Original post by Kolta
Well, yep, the maths exam is quite challenging. By the way, do the personal statements for Warwick and KCL have to be less than 4,000 characters? Unfortunately, I haven’t found any info about the word limit

For Warwick is very different. You can look up on their website, it is not like the regular 4000 characters for KCL, It consists of 3 questions that you basically can pick from several of other questions and write 200 words, maybe if I'm not forgotten, for each of the questions. So it is very different
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 22
I am also wondering how much time does it approximately take to receive an offer from Kings? I am so nervous at this point... + I haven’t found any info about the competitiveness around ifp courses. Fingers crossed that we will all end up where we want to be
Reply 23
Hi guys! I have the same plans and ambitions as you do. I am planning to apply to KCL, Warwick, and UCL for ifp. Btw, how long did it take to receive the response?
Reply 24
I assumed is faster, maybe it is not like 7 days or more. Unless you apply to like Edinburgh IFP via ucas and you are in the queue with others who apply to bachelors,etc. Then, It would take longer.
I think we can continue chatting via the direct chat, since our choices basically the same and therefore there will be a higher chance that we can meet at the foundation and be friend! . Btw I just got an offer for Warwick IFP! Going to apply KCL next Monday.

Hey again! I wanted to ask - what criteria did you rely on while writing a kcl PS? i've only found one regarding "a minimum of four paragraphs". is there something else?
Reply 26
Original post by temaá
Hey again! I wanted to ask - what criteria did you rely on while writing a kcl PS? i've only found one regarding "a minimum of four paragraphs". is there something else?

Hi! I’ve just completed my ps to kcl but I am still not sure about it and have many hesitations about it
Reply 27
Original post by temaá

I wrote 3999 characters and the word cap is 4000 characters; It seems to be the right word cap as is shown in their application portal because I have sent my own application. So, 4000 characters with 4 paragraphs or more I guess
Reply 28
Original post by Kolta
Hi! I’ve just completed my ps to kcl but I am still not sure about it and have many hesitations about it

There is still a lot of time until next year. Take your time, It would be equal consideration even if you turn it in on the last day of the application.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 29
There is still a lot of time until next year. Take your time, It would be equal consideration even if you turn it in on the last day of the application.

Congrats! How many words have you written in total and to what ifp course are you applying?
Reply 30
Did you guys mention anything about your previous experience, future plans (after uni) in the ps?
Reply 31
Original post by Kolta
Congrats! How many words have you written in total and to what ifp course are you applying?

3999 characters for King’s Global Politics and Social Sciences
Reply 32
Original post by Kolta
Did you guys mention anything about your previous experience, future plans (after uni) in the ps?

Original post by temaá

Hi again! have you guys applied to King's? If it's ok to ask :smile: because I am scared that I still haven't gotten any reply from them, it's been 3 weeks :frown: since I assumed it to be faster like within a week.
Reply 33
Hi again! have you guys applied to King's? If it's ok to ask :smile: because I am scared that I still haven't gotten any reply from them, it's been 3 weeks :frown: since I assumed it to be faster like within a week.

Hi! I just applied couple of days ago. Maybe they are too busy with UCAS applications right now
Reply 34

Hi! Has anyone received a response from KCL or other unis?
Reply 35
Original post by Kolta
Hi! Has anyone received a response from KCL or other unis?

I got an info from insider said that Kings will hold all the offer until mid December, dont be worry :smile: and btw what foundation did u apply for? I just got my decision from edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending