The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Official Royal Holloway 2022 Applicant Thread

Hi! :hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Roya Holloway for 2022!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:
What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Economics and Management
Studying A Level: Maths, Business, Biology, English literature, Spanish

I just recevied an offer yesterday!
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi! :hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Roya Holloway for 2022!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:
What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here :biggrin:
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by nmorenopaiva
Economics and Management
Studying A Level: Maths, Business, Biology, English literature, Spanish

I just recevied an offer yesterday!

Hello!
I applied for 2 courses; Digital Geoscience and Astrophysics!
I'm studying A-Level Physics, Maths and Geography.

I sent my application off on the 14th October. May I ask when you sent yours off?
Original post by Anonymous
Hello!
I applied for 2 courses; Digital Geoscience and Astrophysics!
I'm studying A-Level Physics, Maths and Geography.

I sent my application off on the 14th October. May I ask when you sent yours off?

I actually sent it off the same day as you did. What other universities have you applied to?
I actually sent it off the same day as you did. What other universities have you applied to?

Imperial, Manchester and Leeds, but Royal Holloway is my top choice. I hope I get a response soon :smile:
What about you?
Imperial, Manchester and Leeds, but Royal Holloway is my top choice. I hope I get a response soon :smile:
What about you?

Congratulations on your offer by the way!
What about you?

I have applied to Oxford, LSE, UCL and King's College. I hope you get an offer!
I have applied to Oxford, LSE, UCL and King's College. I hope you get an offer!

Thanks so much :smile: I wish you the best! My fingers are crossed for you.

May I ask your predicted grades?

Thank you!
May I ask your predicted grades?

At GCSE, I achieved 9999998888887 and a distinction
At A-Level, I'm predicted A*AA
What about you?
At GCSE, I achieved 9999998888887 and a distinction
At A-Level, I'm predicted A*AA
What about you?

wow you've done so many GCSE's. Those are some very good results.
At GCSE: 999998877
Predicted A-Level: A*A*A*A*A*
wow you've done so many GCSE's. Those are some very good results.
At GCSE: 999998877
Predicted A-Level: A*A*A*A*A*

Yours are amazing! 5 A-Levels is a massive achievement; well done.
On the RHUL applicant portal, my application history for both just say 'application submitted'. May I ask, before you got your offers, did it say anything else?
Yours are amazing! 5 A-Levels is a massive achievement; well done.
On the RHUL applicant portal, my application history for both just say 'application submitted'. May I ask, before you got your offers, did it say anything else?

I checked my portal yesterday and it still said application submitted even after having received the offer. I would stay focused on looking for ucas track emails since they will let you know about the latest updates. If there is an update in your application, ucas will send you an email. I have just checked it now and it says that there they have given me a conditional offer waiting for a reply. Once you get an offer, RHUL will send you an email with the full conditions of the offer.
I checked my portal yesterday and it still said application submitted even after having received the offer. I would stay focused on looking for ucas track emails since they will let you know about the latest updates. If there is an update in your application, ucas will send you an email. I have just checked it now and it says that there they have given me a conditional offer waiting for a reply. Once you get an offer, RHUL will send you an email with the full conditions of the offer.

Thanks for letting me know. Once again, congrats and good luck with the rest of your universities :smile:
Hi everyone! I've applied to study Law and criminology at Holloway. I got an offer a couple of days ago.

I'm getting slightly nervous now because I've heard back from all my university choices (all good news so far) except Royal Holloway ahaha
I'm getting slightly nervous now because I've heard back from all my university choices (all good news so far) except Royal Holloway ahaha

I wouldn't worry too much. I know you may think it's easier said than done, but trust me, I'm in the same boat as you. Just focus on the good aspects of your application process and trust that what will be will be. Everything happens for a reason. There is no use in overstressing. The fact that you haven't heard from them can be good because it means that you are still in the pile that they are considering. And if they don't give you an offer, it is their loss. With that being said, what good news did you receive? I hope everything goes as you hope it does! I'm also really nervous because in just a few days I will be sitting the TSA entrance exam for Oxford.
I wouldn't worry too much. I know you may think it's easier said than done, but trust me, I'm in the same boat as you. Just focus on the good aspects of your application process and trust that what will be will be. Everything happens for a reason. There is no use in overstressing. The fact that you haven't heard from them can be good because it means that you are still in the pile that they are considering. And if they don't give you an offer, it is their loss. With that being said, what good news did you receive? I hope everything goes as you hope it does! I'm also really nervous because in just a few days I will be sitting the TSA entrance exam for Oxford.

Thank you for the encouragement, I really appreciate it. I have an offer from Leeds for Physics with Astrophysics BSc and interviews for Earth and Planetary Science BSc from Imperial and Manchester :smile: I hope the entrance exam goes well for you! I'm sure you'll do great!
Thank you for the encouragement, I really appreciate it. I have an offer from Leeds for Physics with Astrophysics BSc and interviews for Earth and Planetary Science BSc from Imperial and Manchester :smile: I hope the entrance exam goes well for you! I'm sure you'll do great!

Wow! That's great. Let me know if you do end up getting the RHUL offer. Good luck with everything!

Quick Reply

Latest