The Student Room Group

How many times have you been to the cinema post covid?

I have been to the cinema post covid 3 times, each to a different cinema. I used to always watch movies in Broadway Hollywood (formerly GH Hollywood), the closest cinema to my home, with only three films pre covid watched outside Broadway Hollywood (The Muppets at UA Megabox (currently called as GH Megabox), Inside Out at AMC Festival Walk (currently Festival Grand Cinema), and Fantastic Beasts and where to find them at MCL Telford)

The films I watched were:
8 July 2021, 2:10pm showing of Black Widow
21 August 2021, 8:50am showing of Zero to Hero
2 September 2021, 3:40pm showing of Shang Chi and the Legend of Ten Rings

And coming soon:
3 November 2021, 3:55pm showing of Eternals
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

None.
I'm unlikely to go at all during the pandemic.
Won't use public transport or go to crowded events/venues.
None
Zero. I didn't go to the cinema much pre-covid either :redface:
once. only because I need to supervise my brother. I feel asleep during the movie lol
None, industry is dead to me.
quite a bit, i've seen free guy, a quiet place part 2, tenet, shang-chi, venom 2 at the cinema. hoping to see the french dispatch, dune, eternals and spiderman this year especially as cardiff is so cheap cinema-wise compared to my hometown.
Original post by absolutelysprout
quite a bit, i've seen free guy, a quiet place part 2, tenet, shang-chi, venom 2 at the cinema. hoping to see the french dispatch, dune, eternals and spiderman this year especially as cardiff is so cheap cinema-wise compared to my hometown.

I bet you have also been watching the office :biggrin:
Zero
I went once with school to watch In the Heights
Once. A quiet local arts centre showing.
None, because I hardly ever go to the cinema. I am however planning to go soon, courtesy of free tickets :cool:
some friends and I are planning on renting a screen at the local cinema. :biggrin:
(edited 2 years ago)
Once after the re-opening. And if there is a good film coming soon in the cinema, I will be there again.
Isn’t it too early to be in “post covid” times?
Original post by rosy_posy
I bet you have also been watching the office :biggrin:

of course :wink: haven't watched it since i've moved back for uni though as i watch it with my dad!
Original post by hungrysalamander

To be honest ever since I cut the news out of my life, im seriously out of touch with Covid related stuff, last I heard was that Europe/Australia where rioting heavily almost everyday against Tyranny BS.

Matter of fact, my life hasn't realistically changed much at all apart from the enforced lockdown and closed bussinesses in my city.
Apart from that. No one seems to care much anymore to be frank from what Im seeing. I don't even remember that last time me and my friends mentioned Covid the past month or so.

Hell I didn't even bother getting vaccinated and im in a ''high risk'' area where im out everyday in a student city where people are getting flown in/out everyday.
Either im lucky or this Corona sh1t has been a clown operation from government since day 1 globally for good reason..

If you are not heavily enforcing mask mandates, 95% are not going to wear them. which is what im seeing at least in the UK.

Spain is different where everyone continues to wear masks in public.
(edited 2 years ago)
Well we're still in the pandemic, but if you mean this year, then twice -

weekday mornings, term time, so it was really quiet (like maybe 3 or 4 other people in the same showing)
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by hungrysalamander

yes
we're still very much in the pandemic

Quick Reply

Latest