The Student Room Group

(CFCD) Economic Serious & Organised Crime Fraud Investigation Support

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JMP44
That was awful. I wouldn't even hire me :redface:
I really cannot get the hang of the pre recorded interviews. It's so much easier having someone to engage with.

Why was it awful?
Did you feel you didn't have enough time?
Reply 21
Original post by Tysonfury111
Why was it awful?
Did you feel you didn't have enough time?

I felt rushed and kept looking at the clock. I also felt like the behaviour questions didn't quite fit into the scenarios I prepared, and I had 2/3 prepared for each. I've had a few civil service interviews and other than the making effective decisions question, I've never had the others asked in previous interviews. I think that and everything else just put me off.

The strength questions were fine though. I always feel like I do better on them and answer more naturally.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by JMP44
I felt rushed and kept looking at the clock. I also felt like the behaviour questions didn't quite fit into the scenarios I prepared, and I had 2/3 prepared for each. I've had a few civil service interviews and other than the making effective decisions question, I've never had the others asked in previous interviews. I think that and everything else just put me off.

The strength questions were fine though. I always feel like I do better on them and answer more naturally.

I did one video interview before, for asylum decision maker... But not accepting the role... I thought I did awful too, but passed only just and placed on reserve...

You may have done better than you think. But I don't like these video things as you have less time to think and compose what you're saying

I'll do mine today to tomorrow. Sometimes I struggle with strengths. But yeah I hope the behaviours kind of match what they ask me. If not I'll just blurt out what I have wrote down and hope for the best as I won't have time to think considering it's 4 minutes per question
Is it 4 questions on competencies outlined then 4 strengths, also did they ask about making a difficult decision (wracking my brains thinking of an example for that)
Reply 24
I did one video interview before, for asylum decision maker... But not accepting the role... I thought I did awful too, but passed only just and placed on reserve...

You may have done better than you think. But I don't like these video things as you have less time to think and compose what you're saying

I'll do mine today to tomorrow. Sometimes I struggle with strengths. But yeah I hope the behaviours kind of match what they ask me. If not I'll just blurt out what I have wrote down and hope for the best as I won't have time to think considering it's 4 minutes per question

Good luck!

Original post by Garfield786
Is it 4 questions on competencies outlined then 4 strengths, also did they ask about making a difficult decision (wracking my brains thinking of an example for that)

Yes, 4 on the competencies/behaviours and 4 strength based. The Interview itself is a bit of a blur to me now tbh, just glad it's over with.

The first question isn't scored apparently and is supposed to ease you into the interview, and the last "question" is where you need to show your ID.
(edited 2 years ago)
Deadline midnight today people? I emailed them and they said it's tomorrow. Confused. Com

Yeah I emailed them too and they confirmed the deadline is tomorrow at midnight so extra day to prep :-)
Yeah I emailed them too and they confirmed the deadline is tomorrow at midnight so extra day to prep :-)

OK mate cool... You know what I'll do mine tomorrow then.... I just felt the deadline, the way they presented it looked confusing gmt + 01:00....

Are you doing yours tomorrow then too?
OK mate cool... You know what I'll do mine tomorrow then.... I just felt the deadline, the way they presented it looked confusing gmt + 01:00....

Are you doing yours tomorrow then too?

I know wasn’t very clear, yes planning to do it tomorrow afternoon, hope the questions are alright haha
I know wasn’t very clear, yes planning to do it tomorrow afternoon, hope the questions are alright haha

Haha OK
I'll do mine tomorrow too

I bet the questions will suck lol

Here goes nothing 🤣

Just rehearse the qs in 4 minutes and 2 etc
Haha OK
I'll do mine tomorrow too

I bet the questions will suck lol

Here goes nothing 🤣

Just rehearse the qs in 4 minutes and 2 etc

😬 that was a bit hard 1 question I had to wing and change completely on the spot so let’s hope for the best , how did you find yours
Reply 30
I just did this interview tonight - it was the first time I’d done a pre-recorded video interview. I thought I’d prefer it but absolutely hated it, I felt quite self conscious that I was being recorded and I’ve realised I definitely prefer interacting with an actual person. I don’t think it went well at all, I just completely waffled on some of the questions and was so conscious of the time ticking down I missed some really good points I’d meant to make. I also got so preoccupied with going over my notes again that I left my ID in another room 🤦🏼*♀️ What. An. Idiot.

Ah well, I guess it’s all experience.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 31
I completed this one this morning think I did ok wonder how long it'll take before we hear back?
Reply 32
I withdrew my application today, but I wish you all the best of luck!
Original post by Cluxly
I just did this interview tonight - it was the first time I’d done a pre-recorded video interview. I thought I’d prefer it but absolutely hated it, I felt quite self conscious that I was being recorded and I’ve realised I definitely prefer interacting with an actual person. I don’t think it went well at all, I just completely waffled on some of the questions and was so conscious of the time ticking down I missed some really good points I’d meant to make. I also got so preoccupied with going over my notes again that I left my ID in another room 🤦🏼*♀️ What. An. Idiot.

Ah well, I guess it’s all experience.

Oh I can relate , this was also my first time doing a video interview and I missed a lot of points out and rambled on and on. Whatever happens, happens though
What did you all think of the Stength based questions?
Lol I found them all too similar, you?
Tbh it wasn't all that bad.... I twisted the answers to what I felt worked.... Stengths not too bad.

Time will tell now.... I really hope the role is good if I get it though..

No one has any insight about the role at all?
I'd be happy with reserve list

Good luck all
Reply 37
Tbh it wasn't all that bad.... I twisted the answers to what I felt worked.... Stengths not too bad.

Time will tell now.... I really hope the role is good if I get it though..

No one has any insight about the role at all?
I'd be happy with reserve list

Good luck all

I've previously spoken to some colleagues in cfcd and they said it's a lot of gathering information, building a case and loading with different departments. If you're an investigative type and enjoy analysing different sources to provide a case for then it'll be right up your street!
Original post by Onipede
I've previously spoken to some colleagues in cfcd and they said it's a lot of gathering information, building a case and loading with different departments. If you're an investigative type and enjoy analysing different sources to provide a case for then it'll be right up your street!

Cool thanks for this.

Do you know if they can use flexi time when they want to? Ie on a weekly basis...
Wfh? If so any ideas how many days in the week etc...
Also do you know if they have reasonable targets.... It not pressured etc? Is therr customer contact, ie its not a glorified contact centre or anything...

Thanks for the heads up if you know....I just like to know what I'm getting into..
(edited 2 years ago)
How long do you think it’ll be till we hear back , tbh I’ve still to hear back from another 2 interviews

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending