The Student Room Group

Failed mock driving test

I failed my mock driving test today with 7 majors and 10 minors. :/ Has anyone else failed this badly on their mock? Wanna feel better about myself lol. Also when do you think I should book my actual driving test for? My instructor thinks I should book it for about 4 weeks away, but after that failure I'm not sure if I'll be able to pass by then.
You won’t be able to book a test for 4 weeks away in any case. Did your instructor not mention the backlog?
Original post by Admit-One
You won’t be able to book a test for 4 weeks away in any case. Did your instructor not mention the backlog?

She said we can book a test through a cancellation app. People cancel their tests all the time.
Original post by randomperson244
She said we can book a test through a cancellation app. People cancel their tests all the time.

That’s a possibility but there’s been lots of posts from people who have struggled recently even with cancellation apps.

Going back to your original point, unless your instructor was being deliberately harsh, I think 7 majors is too far away to be test ready in 4 weeks.
That’s a possibility but there’s been lots of posts from people who have struggled recently even with cancellation apps.

Going back to your original point, unless your instructor was being deliberately harsh, I think 7 majors is too far away to be test ready in 4 weeks.

Agreed. Do you think maybe 7 weeks would be enough?
Reply 5
I failed two mock tests in two lessons. Passed the real thing a week later.
Agreed. Do you think maybe 7 weeks would be enough?

Very hard to say. Were the 7 errors in different aspects of your driving or repeated mistakes doing the same things, eg. speed, observations etc?
Not wanting to sound harsh, but this isn't questions to really ask randos online who have never seen you drive. This is literally what your qualified and paid instructor is for and in a position to give an informed answers and advice.
Original post by Tinders
I failed two mock tests in two lessons. Passed the real thing a week later.

Wow, well done! I definitely don't feel ready to do the real test in a week though lol.
Very hard to say. Were the 7 errors in different aspects of your driving or repeated mistakes doing the same things, eg. speed, observations etc?

5 of them were all due to reverse manoeuvres, which I've always struggled with so I'm not surprised, but that's definitely something I'll need to focus on fixing. The other 2 were observations - forgot to check blind spot when moving off so didn't notice a car was trying to overtake me, and didn't stop and check properly at a junction.
I failed my mock driving test today with 7 majors and 10 minors. :/ Has anyone else failed this badly on their mock? Wanna feel better about myself lol. Also when do you think I should book my actual driving test for? My instructor thinks I should book it for about 4 weeks away, but after that failure I'm not sure if I'll be able to pass by then.

Yes, i did it with 2 weeks left before my test!

Luckily my instructor identified it as i was not slowing down enough on approach to junctions, so I wouldn’t be able to take as much time to observe when approaching roundabouts. It helped my hesitation too coz when i started to slow down earlier i could see much more and the bigger picture.

my Problem has always been awareness and planning - if the same is for you, start slowing down earlier on approach to junctions and see how you do!
Original post by StriderHort
Not wanting to sound harsh, but this isn't questions to really ask randos online who have never seen you drive. This is literally what your qualified and paid instructor is for and in a position to give an informed answers and advice.

Fair enough. I told her that I didn't know if I would be ready in 4 weeks and she told me that ultimately it's up to me and what I feel comfortable with. Just came here to find some different opinions tbh. Also mainly wanted to know if anyone else had done as badly in their mock tests.
Reply 12
Mock tests are relatively useless, instructors don't know much about assessment

Quick Reply

Latest