The Student Room Group

2022 Consulting graduate and intern applications

Hi guys,

With consulting applications starting to open up (EY-Parthenon, Oliver Wyman & OC&C all open now!), I thought we should start a thread to discuss progress, interviews, offers etc...

Would be good to keep each other updated when things open up!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Has anyone applied to EY-parthenon?
Bumping this thread as surprised there's no consulting thread!
Anyone had any updates from MBB post-test?
Was also searching for this thread yesterday! Where have you applied to??

No replies yet - in the email McK said replies on their imbellus test later today. I got my BCG test through yesterday - is game based? Have you done this one yet?
Original post by Levant142
Was also searching for this thread yesterday! Where have you applied to??

No replies yet - in the email McK said replies on their imbellus test later today. I got my BCG test through yesterday - is game based? Have you done this one yet?

I've applied to the obvious ones, you? Also I should say I haven't had a test from BCG. A bit worried about how I did on Imbellus so not too hopeful.

Are you applying from undergrad?
Original post by yhyhyh1996
I've applied to the obvious ones, you? Also I should say I haven't had a test from BCG. A bit worried about how I did on Imbellus so not too hopeful.

Are you applying from undergrad?

Same - I've done MBB, OW, OC&C, Roland Berger, LEK and Strategy&. Yh - the imbellus game was so different to anything I've done before too. The BCG one is like a set of 12 mini games? Am doing that one and LEK today so will let you know how they go :smile:

Yes am applying from undergrad - you?
Same - I've done MBB, OW, OC&C, Roland Berger, LEK and Strategy&. Yh - the imbellus game was so different to anything I've done before too. The BCG one is like a set of 12 mini games? Am doing that one and LEK today so will let you know how they go :smile:

Yes am applying from undergrad - you?

I'm coming from PhD. I guess if I haven't received the BCG test I'm probably out of that one. Best of luck!
Nice! And I've heard a lot of firms let out tests in batches so I wouldn't worry - esp if you've got the McKinsey one. Just did BCG and it was acc a surprisingly nice test - not sure exactly what they are looking for but you don't have to sweat it.
Nice! And I've heard a lot of firms let out tests in batches so I wouldn't worry - esp if you've got the McKinsey one. Just did BCG and it was acc a surprisingly nice test - not sure exactly what they are looking for but you don't have to sweat it.

McK first round out
McK first round out

ah I've not heard, guessing that's a rejection then.
McK first round out

Original post by Jamie0909
ah I've not heard, guessing that's a rejection then.

Guess that's a rejection for me too then :smile:
McK first round out

How do you know they're out? Did you get an interview?? If so, good luck!
How do you know they're out? Did you get an interview?? If so, good luck!

I did get an interview invite. Though as I said it's for PhD so JA/A not BA -- so there's a chance they do these separately I think. So keep the faith! No news for now might be good news
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 13
I did get an interview invite. Though as I said it's for PhD so JA/A not BA -- so there's a chance they do these separately I think. So keep the faith! No news for now might be good news

Congratulations! What time today did you receive the email?
Received a McKinsey 1st round interview invite today. They said they would get back to everyone on the 29th, but I have a number of friends who haven't been contacted yet.
Original post by Nasuada12
Received a McKinsey 1st round interview invite today. They said they would get back to everyone on the 29th, but I have a number of friends who haven't been contacted yet.

Was that for the London Business Anlayst position or a more senior position like junior associate/associate for PHDs, MBAs etc
Original post by JohnSmitha
Was that for the London Business Anlayst position or a more senior position like junior associate/associate for PHDs, MBAs etc

London Business Analyst Summer (I'm a 2nd year BA student)
Has anyone heard back who applied to the full time mckinsey business analyst position London office?
Original post by JohnSmitha
Has anyone heard back who applied to the full time mckinsey business analyst position London office?

I haven’t heard anything yet
can anyone find strategy& applications on their website
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending