The Student Room Group

Lancaster University A100 2022 entry

Hi there, thanks for checking out this thread. This is the 2022 Entry discussion for Lancaster University A100.

We're now onto the 2023 application cycle, you can find the 2023 thread here. Of course, you are still welcome to browse this thread as well, but please post in the 2023 one if you have questions about Lancaster.
:biggrin:

Welcome to the Lancaster University A100 2022 Entry Discussion.

Lancaster A100 2021 thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6560708

For general information click: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/lms/medi...e-and-surgery/

For entry requirements click: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/lms/medi...-requirements/

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

thinking of this uni but having to do the bmat is putting me off :frown:
Original post by lunariumxo
thinking of this uni but having to do the bmat is putting me off :frown:

It's a tough call - you need to decide if you like it more than 4 other UCAT unis you'd interview at, first off, imo?
Original post by becausethenight
It's a tough call - you need to decide if you like it more than 4 other UCAT unis you'd interview at, first off, imo?

true but it just seems like doing the bmat for one university would you say it is worth it :smile:
Original post by lunariumxo
true but it just seems like doing the bmat for one university would you say it is worth it :smile:

If it’s your favourite uni and you’d interview if you got an achievable BMAT score (try doing a past paper as a diagnostic and comparing to cutoffs) then yes :smile: For me, Imperial was head ad shoulders my top choice, so it was a no brainer to sit the BMAT.
Reply 5
Hi, Will Lancaster count autumn exams as resits?
Original post by ddsffaf
Hi, Will Lancaster count autumn exams as resits?

You probably need to contact them directly and check.
definitely my top uni choice!! just need to ace the bmat when it comes around :smile:
Does anyone know the BMAT cut off for 2021 entry?
Original post by darshprab2206

https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/lms/medicine/mbchb-medicine-and-surgery/how-to-apply/#how-we-use-the-biomedical-admissions-test-bmat-in-our-selection-process-409970-1 is the earliest data they've published, I think, which is 2019.
You could look through last years' thread and make notes of the BMATs of people who were rejected and who interviewed.
Reply 10
Original post by darshprab2206

it was roughly 10.5 in all 3 sections although i did see someone get in with 10.2 in all 3 combined. check last year's thread
Hi guys My gcses are
8s and 7s in 9 subjects
Alevels achieved AAA
do you think it i have a chnace at getting an interview considering that i may be above the cut off for BMAT?
Is anyone aware of the 2021 Entry Admissions statistics - only FOI I could find had only the number of home applicants with no interview and offer statistics? Thanks :smile:
Hi there @becausethenight!

I've been having a look on multiple different websites including the Lancaster webpage to find all the previous BMAT scores which were offered for an interview for each year so I can get a good idea of how well I need to do or to see how much more work needs to be done over the next 4 days!

Unfortunately, although I've found bits and pieces I can't find average scores for all years in one place! (I can't find 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020 or 2021 at all)

I would be grateful if you could direct me to where the scores are shown. If they're not shown what you would suggest a good reliable score for interview would be? (even if you gave it as a range e.g. between 11.2-12.2)

Thank you!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by BenC10166
Hi there!

I've been having a look on multiple different websites including the Lancaster webpage to find all the previous BMAT scores which were offered for an interview for each year so I can get a good idea of how well I need to do or to see how much more work needs to be done over the next 4 days!

Unfortunately, although I've found bits and pieces I can't find average scores for all years in one place! (I can't find 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020 or 2021 at all)

I would be grateful if you could direct me to where the scores are shown. If they're not shown what you would suggest a good reliable score for interview would be? (even if you gave it as a range e.g. between 11.2-12.2)

Thank you!

they’re all on lancaster’s website - check last years thread aswell
Original post by Clintt15
they’re all on lancaster’s website - check last years thread aswell

All of them? I'll check again but I thought only 2019 was there.

Previous threads are very long although I'm not sure how long the Lancaster one is, I'm afraid it's similar
All of them? I'll check again but I thought only 2019 was there.

Previous threads are very long although I'm not sure how long the Lancaster one is, I'm afraid it's similar

https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/lms/medicine/mbchb-medicine-and-surgery/how-to-apply/#admissions-statistics-409970-0

2016-2020 is here - and if you want the average scores you’re gna have to look on the thread no matter how long it takes unfortunately :smile:
Hi there @becausethenight!

Thank you!

Someone who knows more than me has answered you, I think :smile:
In general though you have applied now, blind, so just try and do as best you can and it will be what it is.
:goodluck:
Did your test centre also have technical errors? Twitter is going mad at the admissionstest team.
(edited 2 years ago)
Ye big time. I was waiting till 1 to take the test

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending