The Student Room Group

Does anyone need any help with EPQ :)

Hi guys! I got my EPQ back last Tuesday and somehow managed to get 60 out of 60.... still shocked! So, does anyone need any help/have any questions? I am more than happy to help with anything really :smile:
Do u have any advise for the Production Log?
I've heard people include stuff like mind maps, gantt charts, journals, calanders etc
I thought it was just writing, so i'm not sure. What did you do?
Did you do a literature review? How did you structure it?
I guess I can't do a paragraph with PEAL, but then what to use?? :frown:
Original post by Ewhiskerd8
Hi guys! I got my EPQ back last Tuesday and somehow managed to get 60 out of 60.... still shocked! So, does anyone need any help/have any questions? I am more than happy to help with anything really :smile:

Woahhh well done
I need all the help I can because I’m in yr 11 so starting it in the summer. I’m thinking to do something in medicine so what kind of stiff should I do over the summer
Reply 4
Original post by Cherrygrape1234
Woahhh well done
I need all the help I can because I’m in yr 11 so starting it in the summer. I’m thinking to do something in medicine so what kind of stiff should I do over the summer

Hiii :smile: I did mine on the Roman Republic so quite far away from Medicine... however I would recommend starting your research. It can be something as small as just reading articles, but it would be so beneficial to start looking at articles and looking at them critically for unreliability / bias :smile: maybe start doing mind maps of potential ideas / topics you’re interested in, so that you can narrow down your options! That’s all I’d say you need to do now, but lmk if you have any more questions!
Reply 5
Original post by BadBComeToTheNiz
Do u have any advise for the Production Log?
I've heard people include stuff like mind maps, gantt charts, journals, calanders etc
I thought it was just writing, so i'm not sure. What did you do?

Hi! I kept mine very very simple. Assuming you’re talking about the activity log on Project Q? I just wrote a detailed paragraph every time I did anything for EPQ, eg homework, adding to my essay. I ended up with 40 entries, which usually focused on what I did, and why it was beneficial to my project! :smile: feel free to ask anything else if you have any more questions!
Reply 6

Can you help me idk how to write my introduction I'm struggling thanks
Reply 7

Hi! I'm in Year 12 and I've been really struggling with how to begin my introduction, I was wondering if I should start by reiterating the question or just go straight into it? Any help would be great :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by esumm
Hi! I'm in Year 12 and I've been really struggling with how to begin my introduction, I was wondering if I should start by reiterating the question or just go straight into it? Any help would be great :smile:

Hey

Here is my intro, kinda niche topic but hope this helps :smile:

The Roman Republic refers to the period of the ancient Roman civilization in which the government operated with a republican-style system. Coming from the Latin, the term Republic stemmed from “res publicae”, which loosely translates to “the thing pertaining to the people'' (Yakobson, 2010). Thus, it is clear that the Republic focused largely on the interests of the people, which was seen constitutionally in the emphasis placed on the ability for plebeians (common people) to vote. However, as cracks in the political system of the Republic became increasingly clear, the Republic’s governmental system failed to withhold their key morals, which thus played a role in its descent. In its late period the Roman Republic faced a significant amount of political and social turbulence, as key individuals began to ignore and overrule the interests of the Senate. Due to these key issues which affected the ability for the Republic to function, the period of the Roman Empire began, which saw complete governmental transformation from its previous republican system. Although it is difficult to reach a definite verdict as to why the Republic declined so rapidly, as we are not ourselves in the minds of those who contributed to it (Edwin, 1955), some academics have argued that the Republic was doomed from its beginning, largely due to the political system on which it was founded. However, it is also integral to evaluate the factors which began to emerge throughout the Republic’s history, spanning all the way from 509 BC until 27 BC, which also played a key role in its downfall. These include the emergence of key political figures who did not value the Republic enough to try to save it (though arguably it may have been too late). In considering all of these factors, the question arises as to whether the Republic was inevitably doomed from the start, or whether its demise was due to the key figures who made the republican system untenable.
Reply 9
Original post by dilaral
Can you help me idk how to write my introduction I'm struggling thanks

Hey, sure!

Here’s mine btw, just in case it’ll help :smile:

Hey

Here is my intro, kinda niche topic but hope this helps

The Roman Republic refers to the period of the ancient Roman civilization in which the government operated with a republican-style system. Coming from the Latin, the term Republic stemmed from “res publicae”, which loosely translates to “the thing pertaining to the people'' (Yakobson, 2010). Thus, it is clear that the Republic focused largely on the interests of the people, which was seen constitutionally in the emphasis placed on the ability for plebeians (common people) to vote. However, as cracks in the political system of the Republic became increasingly clear, the Republic’s governmental system failed to withhold their key morals, which thus played a role in its descent. In its late period the Roman Republic faced a significant amount of political and social turbulence, as key individuals began to ignore and overrule the interests of the Senate. Due to these key issues which affected the ability for the Republic to function, the period of the Roman Empire began, which saw complete governmental transformation from its previous republican system. Although it is difficult to reach a definite verdict as to why the Republic declined so rapidly, as we are not ourselves in the minds of those who contributed to it (Edwin, 1955), some academics have argued that the Republic was doomed from its beginning, largely due to the political system on which it was founded. However, it is also integral to evaluate the factors which began to emerge throughout the Republic’s history, spanning all the way from 509 BC until 27 BC, which also played a key role in its downfall. These include the emergence of key political figures who did not value the Republic enough to try to save it (though arguably it may have been too late). In considering all of these factors, the question arises as to whether the Republic was inevitably doomed from the start, or whether its demise was due to the key figures who made the republican system untenable.
What advice would you give someone starting their EPQ that you did or didn’t do? :biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by Cherrygrape1234
What advice would you give someone starting their EPQ that you did or didn’t do? :biggrin:

Hey! Sorry for the late reply.

I know everyone says this, but seriously it's the best advice I can give. Use your time wisely. I had a two hour EPQ lesson every week, and whilst everyone else in my class was messing around, I'd do as much work as possible. This is actually really important for your final mark - EPQ awards mark more for your process, than your end result, so proving you have met deadlines and stayed organised is invaluable in getting top marks.

In terms of the actual essay, I would recommend asking as many people as possible to check over your essay, even if you have done it yourself. They will be able to tell you whether your sentences are too long, whether your work doesn't flow logically, or just simple grammatical errors.

Hope this very reductive advice helps somewhere, and let me know if you have any more questions :smile:
Reply 12

Hi, I'm planning to do my EPQ about the Spanish republic, but I'm not sure about the question yet. What was your EPQ question?
Reply 13
Original post by DBS17
Hi, I'm planning to do my EPQ about the Spanish republic, but I'm not sure about the question yet. What was your EPQ question?H

Hey, sounds interesting! My title was "to what extent was the demise of the Roman Republic inevitable?".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending