The Student Room Group

BMAT in 4 days and no revision

Guys. Im ****ed. I havent touched anything BMAT related I have been so ill ive tried but my brain just didnt cooperate. I feel better and I wanna start but I dont know where to begin. I am terrified. Please can somebody give me advice on what to do these next 4 days. Please do not tell me ro reapply next year its not what i want/need to hear I can decide that after this exam.

Scroll to see replies

Have you done the UCAT? If so, what are your other choices? If you are only applying to one BMAT university then don't stress too much and perhaps do a test to see the areas you have to focus on the most?
I'm not sure if this is good advice or not.
Definitely don't exert yourself in any way especially since you're recovering from an illness.
If I were you, I'd take a deep breath in first.
Then, I'd start doing practice questions for section 1 which are reading based. So the conclusions, errors in arguments etc.
Do this if you like reading critically.
If you prefer numbers, do practice questions for section 1 but the more puzzle and math oriented ones.

For section 2, In my opinion physics is pretty easy to score in. As long as you're strong with physics, revise formulas and practice a few questions. Not a lot.
Not sure what I can do about Chemistry or Biology.
If you can, flip through concise notes about the body systems. Urinary, digestive, etc.

Also MAKE SURE YOU LEARN TO WRITE AN ESSAY IN THE BMAT STYLE.
Its easy marks.
Never forget, intro, body and conclusion.
Its almost always a minimum 3 Marks.
Develop your ideas and criticisms of the topic crisply and logically and you should do fine.
Original post by ibbi2003
Guys. Im ****ed. I havent touched anything BMAT related I have been so ill ive tried but my brain just didnt cooperate. I feel better and I wanna start but I dont know where to begin. I am terrified. Please can somebody give me advice on what to do these next 4 days. Please do not tell me ro reapply next year its not what i want/need to hear I can decide that after this exam.

I'll respond here the same way I respond to all the threads like this;

1) 4 Days isn't a lot of time, but if you stop posing on TSR and looking around on the internet for a quick fix, 4 days of hard work is much better than 2/3 days of hard work after a day or two of stressing.

2) You can always take a year out and redo it!

3) Work on your organisation and motivation to try and make sure this doesn't happen again. Preferably, you want to be in a position where you're done revising 4 days before an exam and now any extra work would just be a cherry on top.

That said, go work! I believe you can bang out some solid work before that exam.
Reply 4
Original post by Fruit09
Have you done the UCAT? If so, what are your other choices? If you are only applying to one BMAT university then don't stress too much and perhaps do a test to see the areas you have to focus on the most?

I put 2 BMAT 2 UCAT as my UCAT didnt go amazingly either. Im rlly bad at these aptitude tests its horrible. But I think that should be okay, I just dont know how to cover the content in 4 days when people have been practising for weeks/months :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by ColtTheWolf
I'll respond here the same way I respond to all the threads like this;

1) 4 Days isn't a lot of time, but if you stop posing on TSR and looking around on the internet for a quick fix, 4 days of hard work is much better than 2/3 days of hard work after a day or two of stressing.

2) You can always take a year out and redo it!

3) Work on your organisation and motivation to try and make sure this doesn't happen again. Preferably, you want to be in a position where you're done revising 4 days before an exam and now any extra work would just be a cherry on top.

That said, go work! I believe you can bang out some solid work before that exam.

Thats true! And I was motivated I was just too sick and nothing was going in😭 Im gonna try to work as smartly as possible rather than over exert myself, thank you soso much
Reply 6
Original post by DogeTheDoggo
I'm not sure if this is good advice or not.
Definitely don't exert yourself in any way especially since you're recovering from an illness.
If I were you, I'd take a deep breath in first.
Then, I'd start doing practice questions for section 1 which are reading based. So the conclusions, errors in arguments etc.
Do this if you like reading critically.
If you prefer numbers, do practice questions for section 1 but the more puzzle and math oriented ones.

For section 2, In my opinion physics is pretty easy to score in. As long as you're strong with physics, revise formulas and practice a few questions. Not a lot.
Not sure what I can do about Chemistry or Biology.
If you can, flip through concise notes about the body systems. Urinary, digestive, etc.

Also MAKE SURE YOU LEARN TO WRITE AN ESSAY IN THE BMAT STYLE.
Its easy marks.
Never forget, intro, body and conclusion.
Its almost always a minimum 3 Marks.
Develop your ideas and criticisms of the topic crisply and logically and you should do fine.

Thank you soso much, I was scared people were gonna de motivate me but you did the opposite! Thank you soso much Im gonna try my best!!
I put 2 BMAT 2 UCAT as my UCAT didnt go amazingly either. Im rlly bad at these aptitude tests its horrible. But I think that should be okay, I just dont know how to cover the content in 4 days when people have been practising for weeks/months :frown:

That's okay and remember quality over quantity, so don't fixate on how much other people have revised for this exam as it is different for others, but yes you would need to do some revision. The best way is to focus on the big topics that come up and practise a few papers under timed conditions. The essay isn't as important but you need to answer every part of the question to get a decent mark which is very possible.
Reply 8
Original post by Fruit09
That's okay and remember quality over quantity, so don't fixate on how much other people have revised for this exam as it is different for others, but yes you would need to do some revision. The best way is to focus on the big topics that come up and practise a few papers under timed conditions. The essay isn't as important but you need to answer every part of the question to get a decent mark which is very possible.

Okay I will do that! Whats the best way to learn essay styles? Shall I read some then practice or will reading be enough? Also I havent found the main sections for each topics on BMAT are they online?
Okay I will do that! Whats the best way to learn essay styles? Shall I read some then practice or will reading be enough? Also I havent found the main sections for each topics on BMAT are they online?

There is a BMAT guide for Section 2 which covers all the topics that can come up, however, if you look at the past papers you will notice a few topics that come up regularly such as electricity. For the BMAT essay, read a few examples and get used to the structure. It's also good to look at any examiner comments for the essay and the marking criteria.
Reply 10
Practice, practice, practice! Hit the weakest spots that you can before your exam. If it’s any help at all, don’t write yourself off just yet. Do what you can, in the time that you have. I found myself in this exact position with the GAMSAT, yet managed to get an interview (my first application). Keep optimistic, determination and passion are great qualities for a doctor.
Reply 11
Original post by Fruit09
There is a BMAT guide for Section 2 which covers all the topics that can come up, however, if you look at the past papers you will notice a few topics that come up regularly such as electricity. For the BMAT essay, read a few examples and get used to the structure. It's also good to look at any examiner comments for the essay and the marking criteria.

Okay I shall do that, tysm🥺
Okay I shall do that, tysm🥺

first thing - get off TSR and internet in general. Do what you can in 4 days without thinking of what could / should have been etc. You can think about that after the test. Just do what you can, stay kalm and relaxed and who knows you may be able to surprise yourself.
Reply 13
Original post by Scdlinks
first thing - get off TSR and internet in general. Do what you can in 4 days without thinking of what could / should have been etc. You can think about that after the test. Just do what you can, stay kalm and relaxed and who knows you may be able to surprise yourself.

yes sir i shall get this DONE

Hey dude, I can completely sympathise with you.

I luckily received my second jab last week of august and caught COVID around 8 days ago. Its really **** covid or not. All i can say is go to sleep and wake up rearing to go. Focus your time on section 1 (the conclusion questions. You cant reallly get any better with problem solving in the Time u have left) and with section 2 focus your revision. Section 3 do a few plans/
Reply 15
Original post by Sm 002 u mug
Hey dude, I can completely sympathise with you.

I luckily received my second jab last week of august and caught COVID around 8 days ago. Its really **** covid or not. All i can say is go to sleep and wake up rearing to go. Focus your time on section 1 (the conclusion questions. You cant reallly get any better with problem solving in the Time u have left) and with section 2 focus your revision. Section 3 do a few plans/

Okay okay thank you! I am also so so sorry to hear that, thats so awful I really hope you recover swifty and not experiencing any major pains :frown: I will for sure follow your advice though! I appreciate it a lot
Reply 16
Original post by Bexjw
Practice, practice, practice! Hit the weakest spots that you can before your exam. If it’s any help at all, don’t write yourself off just yet. Do what you can, in the time that you have. I found myself in this exact position with the GAMSAT, yet managed to get an interview (my first application). Keep optimistic, determination and passion are great qualities for a doctor.

no way seriously!!? Youre such an inspiration thank you so much! I will try my best you have really given me a confidence boost! Can I ask how many hours you did a day? and did you only do practice papers or did you do content along with practice papers?

Jesus, don't remind me it's in 4 days :eek:
no way seriously!!? Youre such an inspiration thank you so much! I will try my best you have really given me a confidence boost! Can I ask how many hours you did a day? and did you only do practice papers or did you do content along with practice papers?

Are you still here?
Reply 19
Original post by Scdlinks
Are you still here?

no :tongue: im working now!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending