The Student Room Group

Land Economy Application Thread 2022 Entry

Hi all - this is the official thread for those applying to Land Economy for 2022 entry.

Feel free to introduce yourselves: what A Levels / IB Subjects you take, predicted/achieved grades, which College, and why Land Economy perhaps.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't know if this is official actually, I just said it was for some reason.

I take the IB, 776 Higher Level and predicted 44/45. Higher level subjects are Film, Econs, Physics.
I have to take the TSA, prepping for just about a week? I only spent two hours looking at various colleges before picking Christ's. Close to LandEc department, and near some great food!
Hello!

I take A Levels (maths, eco and geo). Applied w 3 A* predicted grades and am taking the TSA next week...
Reply 3
Original post by stuffpeople
Hello!

I take A Levels (maths, eco and geo). Applied w 3 A* predicted grades and am taking the TSA next week...

Nice :smile: Which College?
Hello fellow LandEc applicants :smile:

I have applied to Trinity Hall with A*A*A*A*A

How is everyone feeling about the TSA?
Reply 5
Original post by spicyenchilada

Feeling alright. I'm currently scoring at about 26/50 which seems to be around the 50th percentile. I think that's fine for Land Economy as I've heard the TSA is mainly for deciding whether you will get called to interview. On the other hand, I've heard for PPE at Oxford, the TSA is evaluative and plays a part in whether you will get an offer.
I have applied to Gonville and Caius with A*A*A* (Maths, Econ, Mandarin). TSA this week
What are people getting in the TSA's?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by dhl04
What are people getting in the TSA's?

60.0 ish. Average ig

Hi! I also apply to land econ at tit hall:smile: hope both of we can get in!
Reply 10

5 A-Levels!!! That's crazy
Land economy applicant here for Homerton college. How did everyone find the TSA!?
Does anyone know when we can access the TSA results?
Original post by Myles Howorth
Does anyone know when we can access the TSA results?

Jan 2022 after decision have been released I think
(edited 2 years ago)
Hiya, I'm a Land Economy applicant for Homerton :smile:
Reply 15
Just did the TSA boys, kinda tough :frown: But wasn't insanely difficult or anything.
v

Original post by Anesh.01
Land economy applicant here for Homerton college. How did everyone find the TSA!?

I'm applying at Homerton too! What A levels have you applied with?
Original post by shree_na
v

I'm applying at Homerton too! What A levels have you applied with?

Yess homerton! I’ve applied with A*A*A achieved in maths, geo and econ. How about you? Also how did you find the TSA?
Reply 18
How much do you guys think Personal Statement matters for Land Economy? Do you guys think it could be a factor in admission if you've done some interesting work experience? Or is it mainly just to verify you have some degree of interest in LandEc?
Original post by cappvile
How much do you guys think Personal Statement matters for Land Economy? Do you guys think it could be a factor in admission if you've done some interesting work experience? Or is it mainly just to verify you have some degree of interest in LandEc?

Seeing as LandEc is such a unique degree, I think the PS is hard to write specifically for it. But Cambridge knows this - which is why they provide the SAQ statement! I think your main PS and the SAQ together are probably quite significant factors to whether you receive an interview or not... (as everyone applying has exceptional grades, so the TSA along with written work and PS+SAQ helps them decide!!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending