The Student Room Group

Girls, would you let friend help improve your dating profile and would you help him?

Girls, Would you help your friend and let him help you if he messaged “saw you on dating app. Help me improve my profile and I’ll help improve yours.”
It depends on how close friends you are, I think. If you are close, if you can trust his advice, and know that he wants the best for you, ask him about any advice he has regarding your profile. However, if he is helping you just to get your help, then no. I would say that by the way in which the message is written, that MAY be the case, but further conversation will probably help to clarify Xx
If he wants help improving his profile, then he's not going to give you any useful help with yours.
The blind leading the blind.

If he was smashing it out the park with his profile, then it would be worth taking notice of any advice he might give.
But he's not. He's getting poor to mediocre results. Otherwise he would have said "I've been getting great results with my profile. Would you like me to give you my thoughts on your profile?"
Reply 3
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
If he wants help improving his profile, then he's not going to give you any useful help with yours.
The blind leading the blind.

If he was smashing it out the park with his profile, then it would be worth taking notice of any advice he might give.
But he's not. He's getting poor to mediocre results. Otherwise he would have said "I've been getting great results with my profile. Would you like me to give you my thoughts on your profile?"

Would you help him then if he asked?
Original post by Anonymous
Would you help him then if he asked?

I'd do what I could - within reason - to try to help him. That's what friends are for.
Although having said that, if it was area outside of my expertise, I'd probably just point him towards someone that could help him more than me.
Reply 5
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
I'd do what I could - within reason - to try to help him. That's what friends are for.
Although having said that, if it was area outside of my expertise, I'd probably just point him towards someone that could help him more than me.

I made it worse by apologising for swiping right. And saying hope we’re still cool.
No.
Not unless he was a successful matchmaking consultant or I knew he had a lot of professional experience with heterosexual dating profiles.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending