The Student Room Group

ANSWER THE QUESTION DAMN YOUR EYES | a year 11 gyg

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Icosagon
Hellllllooooo! Lolz I just randomly decided to make one (rather inspired from yours) - let‘s see how long I can keep it going :tongue: Of course I’ll tag you and thank you so much!
I feel the same way for English as well - I used to love it in Years 7 and 8 (mainly coz of creative writing :awesome:) but GCSEs kinda stopped that. Anyway, I’m starting to enjoy it more now!!
Year 11 has been just piles and piles of tests and exams which is a shock from Year 10 :lol: Hopefully we‘ll get used to it…
Thank you! I swear I plan to revise slowly and over a long period time but I ALWAYS end up resorting to last minute cramming. I’ll try my best though :redface:

omg i love that :biggrin: glad i was a source of inspiration lolz! and ofc you'll be able to keep it up! I'm rooting for you and here to cheer you on! <3

I'm trying to get back into creative writing, poetry and english in general also! like you, I used to be really passionate about it, but GCSE is a completely different thing fro, what I used to love haha.

and yes!!! i have gotten so. many. tests. it's inhumane. but hopefully we do get used to it :smile:

AND SAME! i told myself i'd start revision at the beginning of this year so it's little and often, rather than cramming, but I didn't end up doing so, and will likely end up cramming for mocks lol. I'm tried not to jinx myself, as I will try my best to ensure that's not the case!
Reply 21
Original post by yemisi.ogun
omg i love that :biggrin: glad i was a source of inspiration lolz! and ofc you'll be able to keep it up! I'm rooting for you and here to cheer you on! <3

I'm trying to get back into creative writing, poetry and english in general also! like you, I used to be really passionate about it, but GCSE is a completely different thing fro, what I used to love haha.

and yes!!! i have gotten so. many. tests. it's inhumane. but hopefully we do get used to it :smile:

AND SAME! i told myself i'd start revision at the beginning of this year so it's little and often, rather than cramming, but I didn't end up doing so, and will likely end up cramming for mocks lol. I'm tried not to jinx myself, as I will try my best to ensure that's not the case!

Thank you so much! :smile:

IKR! What texts are you doing for Eng Lit, if you don’t mind me asking? We’re doing An Inspector Calls, A Christmas Carol and Romeo & Juliet :redface:

IT’S SO ANNOYING. I have 2 tests tomorrow and another on Friday and I can’t find the motivation and energy to revise oml. I can’t wait for half term, even if that means I have to revise.

Our teachers keep telling us that if exams get cancelled, these mocks will probably go towards our grade or something so maybe that will somewhat motivate me to start revising early!
Reply 22
Post #4 | 2 weeks since I’ve updated, 5 weeks till my mocks

Oh god. It’s really getting serious now. So much work, too much work.

I’m trying to create some sort of revision timetable on Google Calendar. It’s a bit fractured at the moment, but I’m getting there. Timetables have never really worked for me before; I find it hard to adhere to strict timings and goals. I need to be in the mood for a certain subject, you know? Sometimes I’ll be in the organic chemistry mood, other times I’ll feel like doing some algebra. A timetable kinda ruins that. Besides, it’s hard to predict exactly what homework you have and what you’ll do in the evening. But I know I need to be more organised and spread all my revision out evenly so we’ll see how this goes.

According to my timetable right now, I’m supposed to be doing English Language, yet here I am on TSR. Might tweak it a bit :smile:

I was sick with a cold throughout the whole of half term so I didn’t do much revision, only compulsory homework. There’s literally no time for doing the things I love in the evenings - I should probably allocate some time for that in my fancy schmancy timetable. Back to school, meh it’s okay. Very busy, very quick. I feel like mocks will be here in no time.

Anyway, gonna go revise now. Better to stick to my revision timetable, eh? Until my next update…

Tags

(edited 2 years ago)
:woo: you made a blog can I be tagged
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by Bubbles_1234
:woo: you made a blog can I be tagged

Hey Bubbles! Thanks for coming! Of course :smile:
Hey Bubbles! Thanks for coming! Of course :smile:

You sound so busy lol I should be as busy as you but here I am on tsr as well :lol:
Reply 26
You sound so busy lol I should be as busy as you but here I am on tsr as well :lol:

TSR’s notorious for procrastination :redface:
TSR’s notorious for procrastination :redface:

Lol so true 😂
You know me I'm also very notorious for procrastinating lol
Reply 28
Lol so true 😂
You know me I'm also very notorious for procrastinating lol

:five:
QOP :wink:
Hey guys! I’m Icosagon - I’m in Year 11 (*screams*) and I’ve decided to make a my first ever GYG to motivate myself to be productive and to also create a personal log of this crazy year!

5D916BFF-B2B5-4F58-BF81-05839E60DFD2.jpeg
^actual footage of my last brain cell in an exam

What subjects am I taking?The regulars:
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Maths
English Literature
English Language

My choices (not very good choices I’ve realised):
Geography
Art Textiles
Food Preparation and Nutrition
German

My favourite subjectsWell, it’s complicated. I love all my subjects (shocker) but there are some parts that I absolutely detest (yes, I’m looking at you poetry anthology ).

Rather than elaborately explain what I like and dislike about each subject, I’ve created 2 tier lists to present what I feel about each subject, the former tier list being how much I enjoy them and the latter being how ‘good’ I am at them.

Spoiler

Stuff I like to do in my (non-existent) freetimeWatch my favourite shows and films
Listen to music
Edit videos
Annoy my brother
Bake
Read
Annoy my brother again
Play badminton
Go swimming

Things I’d like to change from Year 10 I am TERRIBLE at writing essays in English Lit so I would love to improve my scores on that - I plan to do this by just writing tons of them and asking my teacher to mark them
Try harder and start revising earlier for topic tests
Make revision resources as I go along the year and as I finish each topic - I’m primarily making Anki flashcards as my revision resources, with a couple of posters for some difficult topics
Making my revision relaxed and spread out through the year rather than rushed and condensed a couple of weeks before my exams
Interacting more in my class and actually asking my teacher for help if I don’t understand something
Not zoning out in classes - always seems to happen in Geography agghhh

Updates

Just seen this Icy and omfg I love it! :biggrin:
Also love the pic - me and my friend have matching pfp's on insta with that image :lol:

One GCSE we both take is Art Textiles :five:
honestly i absolutely love this! good luck with ur gcses Icy! :hugs:
also pls may I be tagged? :colondollar:
(edited 2 years ago)
:five:
QOP :wink:

Haha haven't heard/seen that in so long lol
Reply 31
Original post by AestheticStudying
Just seen this Icy and omfg I love it! :biggrin:
Also love the pic - me and my friend have matching pfp's on insta with that image :lol:

One GCSE we both take is Art Textiles :five:
honestly i absolutely love this! good luck with ur gcses Icy! :hugs:
also pls may I be tagged? :colondollar:

Thanks Zara!
Haha that’s good to hear! Have you seen Ghosts by any chance?

Ayy :five: so much work though, right? I did three hours of textiles today - a lesson, one lunchtime and some time afterschool and still I barely managed to get things done!
Thanks again Zara :jumphug:
Sure!
Reply 32
Thanks Zara!
Haha that’s good to hear! Have you seen Ghosts by any chance?

Ayy :five: so much work though, right? I did three hours of textiles today - a lesson, one lunchtime and some time afterschool and still I barely managed to get things done!
Thanks again Zara :jumphug:
Sure!

Aw no worries! :biggrin:
Ah no I haven't but have heard quite a lot of the Horrible Histories cast are in it :K:

omg yes! It's kinda draining at times - one minute i think I've finished then realise I've got more to do :colonhash:
damn 3 hours! I'm surprised ur still going! :eek: I would have been exhausted and procrastinated the rest of the night :colondollar:
Aw nws Icy :h: :jumphug:
hehe ty ty! :hugs:
Reply 34
Original post by AestheticStudying
Aw no worries! :biggrin:
Ah no I haven't but have heard quite a lot of the Horrible Histories cast are in it :K:

omg yes! It's kinda draining at times - one minute i think I've finished then realise I've got more to do :colonhash:
damn 3 hours! I'm surprised ur still going! :eek: I would have been exhausted and procrastinated the rest of the night :colondollar:
Aw nws Icy :h: :jumphug:
hehe ty ty! :hugs:

:smile:
I’d highly recommend it - it’s so funny and one of my favourites :biggrin:
Draining is the perfect word for it. I’m just trying to get through it by telling myself that I have one less written exam haha
Lol that’s me every evening!
:hugs:
Post #4 | 2 weeks since I’ve updated, 5 weeks till my mocks

Oh god. It’s really getting serious now. So much work, too much work.

I’m trying to create some sort of revision timetable on Google Calendar. It’s a bit fractured at the moment, but I’m getting there. Timetables have never really worked for me before; I find it hard to adhere to strict timings and goals. I need to be in the mood for a certain subject, you know? Sometimes I’ll be in the organic chemistry mood, other times I’ll feel like doing some algebra. A timetable kinda ruins that. Besides, it’s hard to predict exactly what homework you have and what you’ll do in the evening. But I know I need to be more organised and spread all my revision out evenly so we’ll see how this goes.

According to my timetable right now, I’m supposed to be doing English Language, yet here I am on TSR. Might tweak it a bit :smile:

I was sick with a cold throughout the whole of half term so I didn’t do much revision, only compulsory homework. There’s literally no time for doing the things I love in the evenings - I should probably allocate some time for that in my fancy schmancy timetable. Back to school, meh it’s okay. Very busy, very quick. I feel like mocks will be here in no time.

Anyway, gonna go revise now. Better to stick to my revision timetable, eh? Until my next update…

Tags

hello! <333 sorry I'm arriving so late, but good luck with making the timetable or if you've already made the timetable, sticking to it! I wanted to make a revision timetable, but didn't for all the reasons you mentioned - who knows what homework I'll get that day? what if I'm not in the mood to make an Eva Smith chronology or cell transport mind map? what if something comes up? What if some revision runs over its time slot and I absolutely lose my mind over it?

it also just takes time to think about how I'm going to organise the timetable (I'm an overthinker, so trying to make the perfect timetable would drive me mad lmao. "But why should I revise chemistry over physics on Tuesdays? You struggle more with physics, so give more time to that... but you still need to study chemistry- " You get the drill lol) and making the timetable itself is a chore.

I do hope you're having a generally more positive experience than what I think I would with the timetable though :smile:

And lucky you! You've got 3 (?) more weeks till mocks! Mine start on Monday </3 Wishing you luck (though I'll do this closer to the time also) and that you feel productive and prepared for your exams!
Reply 36
Original post by yemisi.ogun
hello! <333 sorry I'm arriving so late, but good luck with making the timetable or if you've already made the timetable, sticking to it! I wanted to make a revision timetable, but didn't for all the reasons you mentioned - who knows what homework I'll get that day? what if I'm not in the mood to make an Eva Smith chronology or cell transport mind map? what if something comes up? What if some revision runs over its time slot and I absolutely lose my mind over it?

it also just takes time to think about how I'm going to organise the timetable (I'm an overthinker, so trying to make the perfect timetable would drive me mad lmao. "But why should I revise chemistry over physics on Tuesdays? You struggle more with physics, so give more time to that... but you still need to study chemistry- " You get the drill lol) and making the timetable itself is a chore.

I do hope you're having a generally more positive experience than what I think I would with the timetable though :smile:

And lucky you! You've got 3 (?) more weeks till mocks! Mine start on Monday </3 Wishing you luck (though I'll do this closer to the time also) and that you feel productive and prepared for your exams!

Yeah that timetable kinda failed :lol: I guess I was right - it’s probably just not for me. I’m also a massive overthinker plus I don’t work too well with restraints like that. Idk man - I think I should at least roughly plan how much I should be doing per day.

Wishing you lots of luck too - you’re going to smash these! Thank you :smile:
youre in the same year as me??! WHAAAAAAAAAA-
Reply 38
Original post by viktorismyplant
youre in the same year as me??! WHAAAAAAAAAA-

Haha yes I am. Remember summerberry19? That was my alter ego :lol:
Haha yes I am. Remember summerberry19? That was my alter ego :lol:

what
the fook
my brain omg

Quick Reply