The Student Room Group

Environmental science uni course

I’m planning on applying to environmental science but i dont what are the best unis, when i look on google its showing me geography as well??
A League Table can never tell you you if you will enjoy that course or like being at that Uni - or if you have the right grade predictions.
You need to look at the course details and the optional unts available for all three years of the course - plus any enhancements like placements or study abroad. Suggestions to start with - Southampton, Bangor, Aberystwyth, Swansea.
Check out the Guardian guide - seems environmental science has been lumped in with geography. Leicester seems your best bet - ranked 16th, 113 UCAS points for entry and has a 90% employment record after 15 months of completing the course. The other unis in the top 20 have a much higher UCAS entry requirement and worse employability.
Original post by mike23mike
Check out the Guardian guide - seems environmental science has been lumped in with geography. Leicester seems your best bet - ranked 16th, 113 UCAS points for entry and has a 90% employment record after 15 months of completing the course. The other unis in the top 20 have a much higher UCAS entry requirement and worse employability.

i was planning on applying to queen marys uni of London, do you think that's a bad idea? they do env sci with business management
Original post by aditianand_x
i was planning on applying to queen marys uni of London, do you think that's a bad idea? they do env sci with business management

QMC is ranked 60th out of 68. Your decision
Reply 6
Original post by mike23mike
QMC is ranked 60th out of 68. Your decision

Im sorry one more questions, do you know the difference between environmental science and environmental geoscience?
Original post by adidi
I’m planning on applying to environmental science but i dont what are the best unis, when i look on google its showing me geography as well??

Hi there,

Environmental Science is a great course to study and one we offer at Bangor University, here are a few reasons why it's such a good course:

- The School Natural Sciences is internationally renowned for its work in the environmental sciences.
- Bangor's location makes it an ideal place to study your environmental science degree as there is access to a wide range of natural environments ranging from the coast to the varied landscape of the Snowdonia National Park with its long history of multiple land use, mining and quarrying. Field trips are central throughout our Environmental Science degrees.
- We have close links with local, national and international organisations that employ environmental scientists, helping us to ensure that our degree is relevant and up to date.
- Our environmental science degrees are accredited by the Institution of Environmental Science (IES). Following an accredited degree will make you more employable and you will get numerous benefits throughout your degree.

You can find out more information about the course here.

We have an in-person Open Day coming up on November 20 which you can register for here. Open Days are a great way to find out more about Bangor as a city and learn about the course.

If you have any questions I would be happy to help :smile:
Anna
Original post by adidi

Hey @adidi
In a lot of Universities Environmental Sciences is taught as part of the Geography school, hence google brining it up.
In terms of courses Reading has a really great course. I have done a couple of modules with students on the course and I have loved those modules. The teaching is really up to date and interesting, there is plenty of room for debate and discussion.
Please let me know if you have any questions about the course or about Reading Uni in general

Zoe
Third year Biological Sciences and student ambassador
Original post by adidi
Im sorry one more questions, do you know the difference between environmental science and environmental geoscience?

Really sorry, this is not my speciality
There’s lots of good ones. I’ll be going to Huddersfield where the envisci is more chemistry based. I know Hull has scuba diving as a module in theirs. Ones in slightly less urban areas tend to be better. Glasgow and Edinburgh looked good too. Think about how many people you want on your course as there are some with very few and some with loads of people. Also consider whether you prefer more biology or more chemistry :smile:
I’m trying to find people that are going to the same uni as me. Is anyone else going to do environmental science at manchester or keele?
yeah i am appliying for env sci and geography at keele
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending