The Student Room Group

Jacob matrix

Why my answer is not matching with the answer ,where did I go wrong, I calculated the tr and det , I followed the lecture notes too
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
You should be able to spot the typos?
The "ad" term is positive (two negatives) so the factor will cancel.
The trace is the sum of the diagonal elements. If your notes say otherwise ...

Note
https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=%5B%5B-b%2F%28a%2Bb%29%2C-b%2F%28a%2Bb%29%5D%2C%5Ba%2C-b%5D%5D
may be worth using to check your working.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Great444
Why my answer is not matching with the answer ,where did I go wrong, I calculated the tr and det , I followed the lecture notes too

Can you upload your notes page before as well so the problem is clearly defined. Not sure your lecture notes are correct either.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Thanks I attached them.
Reply 4
Original post by mqb2766
Can you upload your notes page before as well so the problem is clearly defined. Not sure your lecture notes are correct either.

I tried to do the calculation but I'm not getting the same answer as what I've sent in the first attachment
Reply 5
Thanks I attached them.

Im getting lost. In the OP, can you post the page before that one (second image, the typed one that starts with "steady states"), not different ones.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
I tried to do the calculation but I'm not getting the same answer as what I've sent in the first attachment

I know. It looks like both you and your notes are wrong.
Can you post the full question regarding this jacobian.
Reply 7
Original post by mqb2766
I know. It looks like both you and your notes are wrong.
Can you post the full question regarding this jacobian.

This is a different question
Reply 8
Now for this question which no way am getting the same answer as this I will attach it, but not sure where am going wrong .
Reply 9
Now for this question which no way am getting the same answer as this I will attach it, but not sure where am going wrong .

From a very quick look, starting with the nondimensional equations, I agree with the Jacobian in the notes, but the det and tr are not correct. The correct values are in the wolframalpha link I posted earlier.
Reply 10
Original post by mqb2766
From a very quick look, starting with the nondimensional equations, I agree with the Jacobian in the notes, but the det and tr are not correct. The correct values are in the wolframalpha link I posted earlier.

Thank you, these should be the answers, I will try to solve it again.
This is a different question

Just for completeness, Im ignoring this, unless you have a query about it.
Reply 12
Original post by mqb2766
Just for completeness, Im ignoring this, unless you have a query about it.

ok, thank you, I will write here if I have any question.

Quick Reply

Latest