The Student Room Group

Mat 2021

Hi, so I am applying for computer science this year for university and I just had a question about the MAT. So, I am applying to Oxford, as well as Warwick, Durham, Southampton and Bristol. I was wondering if I screw the MAT up, will the results be shared with any of these universities (apart from Oxford)? I know for Mathematics Durham, and I believe Warwick would get the results, so is this true still for computer science? Just want to know to decide whether it is worth the risk applying to Oxford.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, so I am applying for computer science this year for university and I just had a question about the MAT. So, I am applying to Oxford, as well as Warwick, Durham, Southampton and Bristol. I was wondering if I screw the MAT up, will the results be shared with any of these universities (apart from Oxford)? I know for Mathematics Durham, and I believe Warwick would get the results, so is this true still for computer science? Just want to know to decide whether it is worth the risk applying to Oxford.

When you sign up for the MAT, you or your exams officer will have the option to say which universities automatically get sent your MAT result. You can see more near the bottom of the page here.
Reply 2
How’s the test guys?
Reply 3
Original post by Bap123
How’s the test guys?

meh not too bad.
Reply 4
Original post by fhs11707
did ...

The exam is currently locked. No question/answer discussion.
Pls delete
It was pretty bad
I prob got 8-9 on mult. choice, but on the long answer i didnt get past part iv on any, so will likely get 6-7 on each, meaning less than average for an interviewed student
Reply 7
Original post by Adi-mehrotra
I prob got 8-9 on mult. choice, but on the long answer i didnt get past part iv on any, so will likely get 6-7 on each, meaning less than average for an interviewed student

That’s good to be honest. 8-9 on multiple choice already gives you 32-36%. +6-7% for each longer question could be a good 60%-70%. Certainly good enough for an intervjew
Reply 8
Did anyone else find the multiple choice difficult compared to other past papers?
There's a guy in my school whos been prepping since january, and he finished all qs except 5, so he might get in the 90s. Im so depressed rn

Original post by JoeHop04
That’s good to be honest. 8-9 on multiple choice already gives you 32-36%. +6-7% for each longer question could be a good 60%-70%. Certainly good enough for an intervjew
Did anyone else find the multiple choice difficult compared to other past papers?

J was tricky, I tend to think theyre easy and make a lot of silly mistakes tho

yess it was so hard
It was definitely more difficult than some of the previous papers. :/
There's a guy in my school whos been prepping since january, and he finished all qs except 5, so he might get in the 90s. Im so depressed rn

Nah I don’t understand how people can even get near 90. That is insane
Original post by ajwadivkar

Yup🥲
Nah I don’t understand how people can even get near 90. That is insane

How did you manage time for the test?
Original post by fhs11707
yess it was so hard

Glad it wasn’t just me. I found it really difficult for the most part
Reply 17
Original post by ajwadivkar

Do you think it was harder than 2019 paper?
J was tricky, I tend to think theyre easy and make a lot of silly mistakes tho

I can’t exactly remember J lol. I found Q2 to be easier than some multiple choice, probably just the pressure.
How did you manage time for the test?

Tbh all of my trial runs with past papers were fine. I literally worked until the last second today and had a punt at some of the questions in the end as I was pushed for time. Wbu?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending