The Student Room Group

Sevenoaks Sixth Form Entrance Exam and Interview

I'm applying to Sevenoaks, Bromsgrove and Wellington in sixth form and I was thinking of doing maths, physics and chemistry for my entrance exams, but I was wondering: To anyone who took any of them for any of the schools, were they really really hard???
And did they ask hard questions in the interviews???
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by SuperWhoLock1
I'm applying to Sevenoaks, Bromsgrove and Wellington in sixth form and I was thinking of doing maths, physics and chemistry for my entrance exams, but I was wondering: To anyone who took any of them for any of the schools, were they really really hard???
And did they ask hard questions in the interviews???

I already told you about Sevenoaks. Wellington's Maths exam was a piece of cake compared to the one of Sevenoaks - it is only 40 minutes and does not require that much knowledge and skills (though it depends on what your weaknesses and strengths are). The Physics exam was not really bad but you should be quite prepared to perform well.

P.S One advice from me - try as hard as you can to get accepted either to Sevenoaks or Wellington. In my opinion, Bromsgrove is not as selective and academically strong as them.

Good luck! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by prosorry
I already told you about Sevenoaks. Wellington's Maths exam was a piece of cake compared to the one of Sevenoaks - it is only 40 minutes and do not require that much knowledge and skills (though it depends on what are your weaknesses and strengths). The Physics exam was not really bad but you should be quite prepared to perform well.

P.S One advice from me - try as hard as you can to get accepted either to Sevenoaks or Wellington. In my opinion, Bromsgrove is not as selective and academically strong as them.

Good luck! :smile:

Ok
Thank you again!! :biggrin:
Oh lol you applied to Wellington as well?
In my opinion, the Sixth Form Wellington entrance exams were all much, much easier compared to Sevenoaks. They would be things that my current school in Shanghai would expect us to know in middle school. The English paper was much, much simpler than Sevenoaks' and the same goes for the maths paper. They were all really basic things so it seemed like the entrance exams were more of a formality than anything else.

Personally, I feel that Wellington bases their decision more on the interview rather than the actual entrance exams. So just be yourself and perform well in the interview and you should be fine for Wellington!

Sevenoaks papers may require some preparation, depending on what your school has already taught you, but the school does give you the names of various textbooks that would provide you with the necessary information. So just study those over the summer and you'll be good to go :smile:
Reply 5
Doing biology, chemistry and maths for Sevenoaks entry. Does anybody know anything about the test
I have got the tests on Saturday!!!!!! I'm doing eco, chem ,phy and maths SL anyone give me any guidance on how hard/easy they are? I am really stressing :s-smilie:
Original post by thirdcultureteen
In my opinion, the Sixth Form Wellington entrance exams were all much, much easier compared to Sevenoaks. They would be things that my current school in Shanghai would expect us to know in middle school. The English paper was much, much simpler than Sevenoaks' and the same goes for the maths paper. They were all really basic things so it seemed like the entrance exams were more of a formality than anything else.

Personally, I feel that Wellington bases their decision more on the interview rather than the actual entrance exams. So just be yourself and perform well in the interview and you should be fine for Wellington!

Sevenoaks papers may require some preparation, depending on what your school has already taught you, but the school does give you the names of various textbooks that would provide you with the necessary information. So just study those over the summer and you'll be good to go :smile:

Hi, I was wondering what type of questions they ask you in the Sevenoaks interview? I am taking those soon. Thanks!
Reply 8
Heyy i will have the interview for sevenoaks sixth form entry this november and do any of you mind telling me what did u guys talked about in the interview thx
Reply 9
Original post by blue24
Heyy i will have the interview for sevenoaks sixth form entry this november and do any of you mind telling me what did u guys talked about in the interview thx

did you do interview online?
uh I'm applying for Wellington! Any clue for pastoral/academic interviews? :smile:
Original post by anniearkhi
uh I'm applying for Wellington! Any clue for pastoral/academic interviews? :smile:

:mad:
Original post by baba534
:mad:

sry? /I didn't apply to sevenoaks as I feel like I'm not fit in with IB. If it's the problem that I put my problem in the wrong place I apologize for that and I'll delete it.:biggrin:
Original post by anniearkhi
sry? /I didn't apply to sevenoaks as I feel like I'm not fit in with IB. If it's the problem that I put my problem in the wrong place I apologize for that and I'll delete it.:biggrin:

I wanted to say that unfortunately I have no idea about pastoral / academic interviews

I'm sorry
Original post by baba534
I wanted to say that unfortunately I have no idea about pastoral / academic interviews

I'm sorry

ahahaha that's totally fine! Good luck for both of us !
Reply 15
Original post by baba534
did you do interview online?

They have not sent me an email about it yet, hbu?
Reply 16
Heyy so have you done the interview?
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending