The Student Room Group

(CFCD) Economic Serious & Organised Crime Fraud Investigation Support

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rowan94
I went on the CFCD career call on Tuesday and they said it’s through Northumbria uni the ACFIP qualification they put you through, so not sure if the website you’re talking about is the right one or not

Yours sounds like more reliable info to be honest 😂
Original post by Njnixy85
Yours sounds like more reliable info to be honest 😂

Haha ageee.

Anyways hurry up already with the results jeez... Normally quite patient. But need to make a decision as offered something else.....
Reply 62
Original post by Tysonfury111
Haha ageee.

Anyways hurry up already with the results jeez... Normally quite patient. But need to make a decision as offered something else.....

I'm currently on a fixed term contract extended until June 2022 at the moment. There have been discussions of offering permanent contracts but it's not anything concrete and might not be offered to all. I like my current role and would love to stay in the same team so weighing that up with the chance to gain permanency in another role. But then the risk of switching roles and regretting it?
Original post by Onipede
I'm currently on a fixed term contract extended until June 2022 at the moment. There have been discussions of offering permanent contracts but it's not anything concrete and might not be offered to all. I like my current role and would love to stay in the same team so weighing that up with the chance to gain permanency in another role. But then the risk of switching roles and regretting it?

Same, I am fixed term contract until August 22 and like my current role also but can't hang around waiting to know if it will be made permanent or not, takes too long to get a job in this place to wait too long
Original post by Onipede

I don't think you'll regret it. This one looks good, and plus it's permanent, besides it takes ages to get something good.

Similar predicament, im permanent in a private role, but can't see any future or salary increases..

Ive been provisionally offered hmrc but im swaying towards this if I get it.
I don't think you'll regret it. This one looks good, and plus it's permanent, besides it takes ages to get something good.

Similar predicament, im permanent in a private role, but can't see any future or salary increases..

So did you accept it or did you leave the offer hanging? I’m in the similar position and haven’t accepted my provisional offer yet but gonna need to decide soon
Original post by Garfield786
So did you accept it or did you leave the offer hanging? I’m in the similar position and haven’t accepted my provisional offer yet but gonna need to decide soon

So ive accepted my provisional offer, it won't effect any outstanding interviews... Hence i hope they get back to us soon on this one...
Reply 67

Congrats on your hmrc offer! What is the role?

I had an offer in dept international trade working with ministers but I declined it, wasn't quite what I'd like to be doing. This job isn't stressful but I don't get to develop my skills or any progression so I'd be looking for that in my next opportunity.

I've organised a meeting with someone in CFCD as a current investigations officer so I get to pick their brains. If anyone has any questions I can get those asked for you!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Onipede
Congrats on your hmrc offer! What is the role?

I had an offer in dept international trade working with ministers but I declined it, wasn't quite what I'd like to be doing. This job isn't stressful but I don't get to develop my skills or any progression so I'd be looking for that in my next opportunity.

I've organised a meeting with someone in CFCD as a current investigations officer so I get to pick their brains. If anyone has any questions I can get those asked for you!

Its a compliance officer role, its 26.5k,next year goes up to just under 28k. Salary is great. However im not overwhelmed with the job if im honest, but its a step in the right direction, the role involves maybe 15 calls a day with tax payers, not a problem, but still a bit worried of the unknown.

I assume this fraud role has little customer contact.

Do you know if they let you build flexi often?

Another question, not sure if you can answer, but assume i accept the hmrc role and a few months into it I get offered the dwp role, would I be allowed to transfer? Assuming I got the dwp one of course
Ive read somewhere you need 2 years service or something to allow this. Both roles are permanent.

Im attracted to the dwp one as it seems a bit more investigation oriented, and easier to get to where i live.. I trust it will have home working, in the hybrid format too..

If we get results for this dwp one and im offered it, im definely inclined to go for it, although I could be on the reserves so hence, it would be useful to know if transfers are allowed. I know for a fact most private companies frown on this, such early stages in joining....
(edited 2 years ago)
Its a compliance officer role, its 26.5k,next year goes up to just under 28k. Salary is great. However im not overwhelmed with the job if im honest, but its a step in the right direction, the role involves maybe 15 calls a day with tax payers, not a problem, but still a bit worried of the unknown.

I assume this fraud role has little customer contact.

Do you know if they let you build flexi often?

Another question, not sure if you can answer, but assume i accept the hmrc role and a few months into it I get offered the dwp role, would I be allowed to transfer? Assuming I got the dwp one of course
Ive read somewhere you need 2 years service or something to allow this. Both roles are permanent.

Im attracted to the dwp one as it seems a bit more investigation oriented, and easier to get to where i live.. I trust it will have home working, in the hybrid format too..

If we get results for this dwp one and im offered it, im definely inclined to go for it, although I could be on the reserves so hence, it would be useful to know if transfers are allowed. I know for a fact most private companies frown on this, such early stages in joining....

I used to work for HMRC. Before I left for a role I always wanted to do. I’ve been in the new role for 3 years now and some changes in my personal life means the working pattern doesn’t suit me.

I’ve applied to go back to HMRC and DWP, a mate of mine has also just had a start date for compliance of the 22nd November.

When I was last there, you could go plus and minus 22 flexi.

Compliance will mainly be Monday to Friday with the odd Saturday and late shift.

Also if you start at HMRC as a band O you won’t be able to transfer to DWPs role as a band O, not until you’ve worked there for x amount of time.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Squiggss
I used to work for HMRC. Before I left for a role I always wanted to do. I’ve been in the new role for 3 years now and some changes in my personal life means the working pattern doesn’t suit me.

I’ve applied to go back to HMRC and DWP, a mate of mine has also just had a start date for compliance of the 22nd November.

When I was last there, you could go plus and minus 22 flexi.

Compliance will mainly be Monday to Friday with the odd Saturday and late shift.

Also if you start at HMRC as a band O you won’t be able to transfer to DWPs role as a band O, not until you’ve worked there for x amount of time.

Thanks for this...
Ive read on forums you can transfer, but I guess it varies from body to body... I looked on the OGD transfer form online but I coudlnt see anything about blocking transfers... Any ideas how long you have to be in a role before you can transfer?

Also, how did you find the hmrc, what role did you do?

Thanks for this info, something further for me to think about, i just hope the hmrc (compliance o grade campaigns and projects) is OK tbh, you get some mixed reviews off these forums about the place.. 22 hours sounds like what i heard. However they may have improved this...
Thanks for this...
Ive read on forums you can transfer, but I guess it varies from body to body... I looked on the OGD transfer form online but I coudlnt see anything about blocking transfers... Any ideas how long you have to be in a role before you can transfer?

Also, how did you find the hmrc, what role did you do?

Thanks for this info, something further for me to think about, i just hope the hmrc (compliance o grade campaigns and projects) is OK tbh, you get some mixed reviews off these forums about the place.. 22 hours sounds like what i heard. However they may have improved this...

You can transfer after you’ve done x amount of service i believe I could be wrong. I’m not sure how long sorry.

Unsure if flexi has changed butt 22 hours each way is really generous.

I was a income tax and Self assessment customer advisor then went into complaints.

I’ll be honest, they are decent jobs secure etc and decent pay. Bank holidays etc you won’t get much better elsewhere
Reply 72
I've got Flexi I think I can go to a max of 40 hours. It's great bcos you can build it up in busier weeks and then clock off at 4-4:30 in quieter weeks!

Unsure about transfer policies, I'm on FTC so able to take any other job in terms of transfering after a short time one of my colleagues only just passed probation and accepted a promotion from EO to SEO so it happens and totally fine!
Any news anyone?
Anyone want to guess when we will know?
Any news anyone?

Last week of November is my guess
Reply 75
Any news anyone?

Really want to find out now. Hopefully soon!
Original post by Onipede
Really want to find out now. Hopefully soon!

Me too mate, i need to decide between the other job offer and this.

Hoping 1 week max
Reply 77
Has anyone emailed the CFCD recruitment email to see about timescale yet?
Original post by rowan94
Has anyone emailed the CFCD recruitment email to see about timescale yet?

No I haven't i rarely see the point in these scenarios, have you?
I emailed them Friday and they said can't give a time frame but they are finalising interview results and will be told soon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending