The Student Room Group

Failed A Level

So I failed my exam. It was my first ever Economics A Level exam and got 63%. You might say its ok but in comparsion to the other students I failed. I am the only student who has done the most work on Seneca what we use as well as I being the only person creating flashcards. I done whatever I could to revise. I went over flashcards, yt and exam question. I revised the most but got the 15th position out of 22 in my class. When others didn't revise as much as I did what look I don't get a decent result. I am so sad about this. I am doing whatever I can to revise. Someone who only did bare revision got 90%. Whats the reason for this I literally IDK.
Original post by peteryoungy
So I failed my exam. It was my first ever Economics A Level exam and got 63%. You might say its ok but in comparsion to the other students I failed. I am the only student who has done the most work on Seneca what we use as well as I being the only person creating flashcards. I done whatever I could to revise. I went over flashcards, yt and exam question. I revised the most but got the 15th position out of 22 in my class. When others didn't revise as much as I did what look I don't get a decent result. I am so sad about this. I am doing whatever I can to revise. Someone who only did bare revision got 90%. Whats the reason for this I literally IDK.

Different people have different abilities, and not everyone can come top or do well at academic work. It's a tough fact of life.
Like its not only me its my other siblings as well. They revise but still don't get the grade that they deserve.
Original post by peteryoungy

Hey @peteryoungy,

This feeling sucks and I can relate. I used to have this in school and it was annoying. However, I was able to get around this by looking at my study methods and identifying what worked for me. I haven't looked back since!

Have you looked at how you revise best? What works for one person is different for someone else. Perhaps it's taking a step back and thinking about what your educational needs are to help you achieve the grades you're looking for. For instance, have you taken any learning disability tests or a learning style questionnaire online? Those tests, although not the most accurate, can give you an indication of what kind of learner you are which then gives you a foundation to work on. Have you spoken with your teachers and gone over feedback? This can be effective to find out which areas you need to work on and areas where you're doing really well. If you find you need more time than other people, make the most of the time you need and start early. It sucks if you find you need to spend more time going through content, but the end result is worth it. You learn more about yourself than cramming late and even more than just finding out your final grade. It's the time, commitment, and dedication that help you grow as a person - these traits will be important as you go through life.
Another point is to remind yourself of your end goal and where you want to be 5-10 years' time. What might help is creating goals for yourself and small goals you can achieve either daily or weekly to keep yourself on track.

Just because you failed your first exam, doesn't mean there isn't anything you can do about it. Now you have the time until your next exam, I suggest using your time wisely to get the most of your studying sessions. Exams are difficult and they're not for everyone, but it doesn't mean you can't succeed. Keep trying and don't give up - these exams you go through are temporary. Best of luck :smile:

Veronica
Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending