The Student Room Group

University of Nottingham A101 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys, with regards to the questionnaire, there are 2 placements I've completed (both involving shadowing/hospital-based placements) that were 3 and 5-6 years ago respectively. I emailed weeks ago but for both mentors, I've not received a response and can't find the most up-to-date contact details for them. What would be the best thing to do here?
Original post by cmh-1995
Hey guys, with regards to the questionnaire, there are 2 placements I've completed (both involving shadowing/hospital-based placements) that were 3 and 5-6 years ago respectively. I emailed weeks ago but for both mentors, I've not received a response and can't find the most up-to-date contact details for them. What would be the best thing to do here?

I'm in a similar position. I have very little in person work experience so I'm putting down a shadowing week I did in 2016. I'm just going to put a generic email down that I had been in contact with previously to confirm all of the details.

I'm not sure if they contact everyone's individual placements anyway.
Original post by medicphd
I'm in a similar position. I have very little in person work experience so I'm putting down a shadowing week I did in 2016. I'm just going to put a generic email down that I had been in contact with previously to confirm all of the details.

I'm not sure if they contact everyone's individual placements anyway.

I’ve decided to bite the bullet and put them in anyway. It’s better proof that I’ve actually done these things than omitting them completely! I’d hope that there would be some level of understanding from the uni anyway 😊
I’d hope that there would be some level of understanding from the uni anyway 😊

Yeah exactly, on their form it does say "Due to the pandemic, the admissions team is aware that most applicants will not have been able to gain any direct/face to face paid/voluntary work experience (or shadowing) in a health or social care setting since March 2020 and this will be taken into consideration." Hopefully they actually mean that!
I'm in a bit of a pickle when it comes to putting down a named contact my work experience.

I have 48 hours from an care agency where I worked as a Care Assistant from Dec 2019 - Jan 2020. Trying to get hold of them has been exhausting.

I have also clocked 74 hours as a Bank HCA for a NHS Trust, and because I am a temp, I am all over the place when it comes to where I do my shifts, so there is no specific contact person here as well. Can I just put down HR contact details?

I know I am rambling but I have spent the week trying to sort it out and seem to be heading no where.
Original post by London legal
I'm in a bit of a pickle when it comes to putting down a named contact my work experience.

I have 48 hours from an care agency where I worked as a Care Assistant from Dec 2019 - Jan 2020. Trying to get hold of them has been exhausting.

I have also clocked 74 hours as a Bank HCA for a NHS Trust, and because I am a temp, I am all over the place when it comes to where I do my shifts, so there is no specific contact person here as well. Can I just put down HR contact details?

I know I am rambling but I have spent the week trying to sort it out and seem to be heading no where.

I've put HR down for one of my experiences, and I'm not too worried about it really. If they need to get in contact with them and can't, hopefully they'll let me know.
Reply 86
Hi everyone,

Did you get a confirmation email after submitting the work experience form?
I’ve emailed to check but haven’t heard back.
Original post by fm60
Hi everyone,

Nope, I didn't get one. Could you let me know if you get a response please?
Reply 88
Original post by fm60
Hi everyone,

No, last year was similar (although we emailed a form to Andy directly) but it was a good while before we got a confirmation.
what work experience form ? did they send that in an email ?
Original post by Bexjw
No, last year was similar (although we emailed a form to Andy directly) but it was a good while before we got a confirmation.

Original post by wannabedoctor13s
what work experience form ? did they send that in an email ?

Yes, it was for additional details around your work experience, sent around 2-3 weeks ago - The deadline was yesterday
also wheres everyone getting this nottingham log in from ? i've applied 3 times and never recieved a log in before. weird
i only received a acknowlegment email today

Yes, it was for additional details around your work experience, sent around 2-3 weeks ago - The deadline was yesterday

the first and only email i got from them was an acknowledgement which was this morning
Did anyone receive an email asking for your gamsat results? I don’t even think the September ones have been released yet
Thanks. Stupid moment lol
Reply 95
Original post by CitizenHK
Did anyone receive an email asking for your gamsat results? I don’t even think the September ones have been released yet

Yeah I got this email too. I seem to have a different UCAS id associated with my GAMSAT account than my UCAS track. I assume this means the Unis now have our GAMSAT results which means we must be getting them very shortly
Original post by CitizenHK

I haven't got this email. Have you done previous sittings? I sat for the first time in September, but not sure if Nottingham would know that...
Reply 97
Original post by micholate9
I haven't got this email. Have you done previous sittings? I sat for the first time in September, but not sure if Nottingham would know that...

Yeah I did Sept 2020 too. Salient part of email -- 'We weren’t able to extract your GAMSAT score(s), from the data we recently received from ACER'. On our ACER accounts we were prompted to list the Unis we've applied to so they could send the results -- but I think the UCAS id associated with my ACER account is wrong which is why they haven't received my results. If you haven't received the email it's a good thing!
Original post by MPC1998
Yeah I did Sept 2020 too. Salient part of email -- 'We weren’t able to extract your GAMSAT score(s), from the data we recently received from ACER'. On our ACER accounts we were prompted to list the Unis we've applied to so they could send the results -- but I think the UCAS id associated with my ACER account is wrong which is why they haven't received my results. If you haven't received the email it's a good thing!

Ah, I see! Hope yours gets sorted soon!
Reply 99
Original post by micholate9
Ah, I see! Hope yours gets sorted soon!

Thank you -- and best of luck with your application! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending