The Student Room Group

BT Graduate Scheme 2022

Has anyone done the video interview? I am really nervous and would like some tips/ advice.

I thought I would start this thread so we can have discussions and encourage each other. Feel free to discuss anything you want!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mikasaa
Has anyone done the video interview? I am really nervous and would like some tips/ advice.

I thought I would start this thread so we can have discussions and encourage each other. Feel free to discuss anything you want!

Just found this thread, I'm about to do my video interview.
Have you completed yours yet? If so, any advice or things I should prepare for??
Original post by ktriz0908691
Just found this thread, I'm about to do my video interview.
Have you completed yours yet? If so, any advice or things I should prepare for??

Make sure you know why you want to work for BT, what you want to gain from the programme, and have some examples ready for competency based questions. Also, you get to retry ONCE per vid question so if you need to, definitely use it. I Just got told i passed mine but not everyone who passes gets thru to AC so I wont hold my breath.
Reply 3
Original post by cheapheadphone
Make sure you know why you want to work for BT, what you want to gain from the programme, and have some examples ready for competency based questions. Also, you get to retry ONCE per vid question so if you need to, definitely use it. I Just got told i passed mine but not everyone who passes gets thru to AC so I wont hold my breath.

How many questions were there in total?

Also, does that mean you can redo your answers for every video question you get?
Original post by kaaayjay
How many questions were there in total?

Also, does that mean you can redo your answers for every video question you get?

I forgot, and yeah you can redo your answer for every question, but its only 1 redo per question

How long after your video Interview did it take to receive the email telling you that you passed?
Original post by ktriz0908691
How long after your video Interview did it take to receive the email telling you that you passed?

about 10 days ish
After my interview i’ve received the email that I had passed in less than 20 minutes, really hoping I get a spot in the assessment centre !
Reply 8
Has anyone gotten an invite to the assessment centre?
We have to wait until Jan at the earliest. That’s what the video interview pass email says.

Btw, Anyone else pass the cyber video interview? ☺️
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Bleeding Magenta
We have to wait until Jan at the earliest. That’s what the video interview pass email says.

Btw, Anyone else pass the cyber video interview? ☺️

Yes
Yes

What was the interview like?
Original post by piggywaternoodle
What was the interview like?

was alright tbh, scroll up for my other response about it
Reply 13
do you only get invited to the video interview if you passed the other previous online tests or is the process just completing everything independently and then being compared at the end?
Applied for the Transformation and Strategy Grad role. Passed video interview and shortlisted, to then be told that the programme was to be discontinued. Asked whether i'd like to apply for another role...
Reply 15
Original post by kramer21
Applied for the Transformation and Strategy Grad role. Passed video interview and shortlisted, to then be told that the programme was to be discontinued. Asked whether i'd like to apply for another role...

Do you have to start an application for another programme from scratch? If so what a waste of time lol
Original post by JSM1
Do you have to start an application for another programme from scratch? If so what a waste of time lol

I really hope not! Gave them my new preference and haven't heard back in 3 weeks
Hi people,

Thought id let you know I spoke to someone from the recruitment team and they said we should hear by the end of this week (:
Original post by KennedyTonks
Hi people,

Thought id let you know I spoke to someone from the recruitment team and they said we should hear by the end of this week (:

Hi,

Did you hear back from them?
Original post by harrysharaf
Hi,

Did you hear back from them?

No I think there was a mix up. She said it was to see if you had made it to the AC which I had already

Quick Reply

Latest