The Student Room Group

Kings Maths School 2022 Applicants Thread

Introduce yourself! Are you planning on applying/already applied? Has anybody been to any open events? Computing or Economics? How are you planning on practising for the exam? What would your commute be like? How did you hear about the school?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by gapb
Introduce yourself! Are you planning on applying/already applied? Has anybody been to any open events? Computing or Economics? How are you planning on practising for the exam? What would your commute be like? How did you hear about the school?

Hi I’m radbhak, I’ve already applied, commute is 35 is by train and I wanna do Computer Science. I’ve been to the taster day and I’m doing UKMT style questions to prepare for the exam
Reply 2
Original post by gapb

im tma. ive applied and was at the taster day today. i wanna do computer science as well and i havnt started preparing for the admissions test yet, im still preparing for my mocks. my commute is about an hour long by bus
Reply 3
Original post by gapb

wbu?
Reply 4
Original post by TMA_06
wbu?

I've selected economics though i do want to do a computer science degree later. I'm in the same boat, I have mocks next week, so I'll start preparing for the exam after it.
i've heard that the actual test is 10x harder than the specimen papers on the website
Reply 5
Original post by TMA_06
im tma. ive applied and was at the taster day today. i wanna do computer science as well and i havnt started preparing for the admissions test yet, im still preparing for my mocks. my commute is about an hour long by bus

Ooo which session?
Reply 6
Original post by radbhak
Ooo which session?

they were in the group after urs
Reply 7
Original post by radbhak
Ooo which session?

the 11:30 one
Reply 8
apparently somebody from the 11:30 batch got covid
Reply 9
Original post by gapb
apparently somebody from the 11:30 batch got covid

Oh dam. How do u know?
Reply 10
Nvm I checked my emails

Original post by TMA_06
Oh dam. How do u know?
Reply 11
Original post by TMA_06
Oh dam. How do u know?

they sent an email to everyone who went in that session
8 days left till our exam

Come on guys we can do it! Just focus and this is the final sprint to the finishing line (I never use sports metaphors but ok)
Reply 13
what time are u guys doing ur admission test
Reply 14
Original post by TMA_06

I'm in the morning group, so 10:00
what about u guys??
Original post by TMA_06

Morning slot the 9:30 starts at 10 one
Reply 16
Original post by gapb
I'm in the morning group, so 10:00
what about u guys??

Original post by radbhak
Morning slot the 9:30 starts at 10 one

same not looking forward to it
Reply 17
How do u think u did? im not feeling confident at all
Reply 18
Original post by TMA_06

same, it was going so well until like question 9/10 and then started going downhill
Reply 19
Original post by TMA_06

how many did u answer?? let’s just hope for the best.

Quick Reply

Latest