The Student Room Group

Hate myself

I recently finished my a levels and got such bad grades so I decided to do autumn exams. Results are on December and thinking about it makes me feel sick I feel like I might get a D in chemistry and I don’t know what to do anymore I f I get a D. I haven’t got a job atm I’ve applied to so many places but I just don’t hear back so I feel depressed during the day just sleeping or in my bedroom. I feel useless and to top it off I barely have any friends to talk about this to. I have a boyfriend but talking to him it sounds like I’m moaning I try not to talk too much. And I can’t talk to my parents cos they’re expecting me to do well this time . This is just a rant honestly I don’t know what to do with my life if I don’t get what I need for results I don’t know what I should do with my time before results either.
Original post by Anonymous
I recently finished my a levels and got such bad grades so I decided to do autumn exams. Results are on December and thinking about it makes me feel sick I feel like I might get a D in chemistry and I don’t know what to do anymore I f I get a D. I haven’t got a job atm I’ve applied to so many places but I just don’t hear back so I feel depressed during the day just sleeping or in my bedroom. I feel useless and to top it off I barely have any friends to talk about this to. I have a boyfriend but talking to him it sounds like I’m moaning I try not to talk too much. And I can’t talk to my parents cos they’re expecting me to do well this time . This is just a rant honestly I don’t know what to do with my life if I don’t get what I need for results I don’t know what I should do with my time before results either.

Why are you letting a few exam results affect your self worth? Just forget them and move on. With these new ones, try your best but if you don't get them again move on. Don't let them make them hate yourself, don't be so obsessed with them, it isn't normal

I used to think I can improve my grade for Chemistry, not until the last minute I’ve realised that Chemistry isn’t for me. I’ve got an E for A Level Chemistry and I expected that. No matter how hard I’ve tried I still can’t do it. It has taken me this long to realise that it really isn’t for me. Just like how I’ve realised a career as a vet isn’t for me. So what I’m saying is, if you keep getting that grade, it’s really a sign of either 1. The subject isn’t for you (hence what I’ve mentioned before) or 2. Something else in your life is bothering you and distracting you from giving it your full potential to study/ do the exam. So if you get the same grade D again, really have a think about 1. / 2.. If that isn’t the case and you have a grade that you feel proud with, then well done you! Everything happens for a reason, and in life, there are copious amounts of unexpected turns to challenge you. Instead of Vets, I’m now focusing on my plan B, translation/ interpretation as language has always been my favourite thing. Although I’m still very doubtful about my decisions, but “if you never try, you’ll never know”, right? So don’t be afraid to make MANY mistakes. Take them as a sign and a lesson to learn for tour next move.
Reply 3
Hi all. I have been caught up in a problem that has to do with drug addiction. Every day I want to quit using, but it doesn't work for me. Maybe you know clinics that can help?

Heyy,
I understand with all the expectations, etc., it’s easy to forget about yourself. Think of what is important to you. What are qualities you like about yourself. Don’t measure your worth based on the grades you get.

Quick Reply

Latest