The Student Room Group

revising

hi I'm a year 12 student studying chemistry a/as level, physics a/as level and core maths.
I know this sounds stupid but I don't actually know how to study/revise.i wanna go from my current grades that I keep getting in tests (U) to a higher grade ( of course keeping it realistic). I'm so embarrassed that I don't know how to study/revise. plz help or give some tips!
Original post by fzmannan
hi I'm a year 12 student studying chemistry a/as level, physics a/as level and core maths.
I know this sounds stupid but I don't actually know how to study/revise.i wanna go from my current grades that I keep getting in tests (U) to a higher grade ( of course keeping it realistic). I'm so embarrassed that I don't know how to study/revise. plz help or give some tips!

a good start is just to read through some notes for physics and chemistry - chemrevise has the best notes ive found, and physics and maths tutor is good for chem, physics and maths. something i wish id started doing earlier is past papers!!! it can be really difficult to start with but it helps you identify your weaknesses and its very important to understand exam technique. ever since ive started working through markschemes, my grades have gotten way better. hope this helps :smile:
Pay attention in lessons then come home read your textbook and watch a video on the topic, take out a white board or paper like anything and write everything you understood in your own words like make a story with it or something, once you understood the topic completely, take proper notes if you want to or make flashcards but move on to practice questions, that is essential, you have to practice if you want to get better grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending