The Student Room Group

Anki

Hi, I just wanted to ask if anyone has any tips on using anki to revise biology and chemistry for A Level please?
It seems a bit complicated :frown:
I've been using Anki for about a year now, and it's absolutely amazing! I would recommend making 'fill in the gap' flashcards for definitions and statements, using the cloze deletion tool. For diagrams, use image occlusion (an add-on) to hide certain parts of diagrams. Make sure you do your cards when they are due! Anki is helpful as it helps with long-term memory using spaced repetition. There are lots of videos on YouTube that give tutorials on effective flashcards. Avoid doing flashcards that are simply 'flip the card for the answer' as this doen't test your brain and is quite passive.

I hope this helps :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by IJaguar
Hi, I just wanted to ask if anyone has any tips on using anki to revise biology and chemistry for A Level please?
It seems a bit complicated :frown:

Hi,

I will do a detailed explanation.

In order to use Anki Effectively, you have to prepared and willing. The Benefits of Anki are not only that it implements active recall but it also reinforces space repetition.
So, One of the best techniques to accomplish this is to use the idea of Quick-Capture. e.g. look up exam style questions for Biology and answer them. And PEER ASSESS and use Post-Stick notes to write down where you went wrong. After you have done this, I suggest you copy and paste the exam questions into a flashcard on Anki. Next, Go through these flash cards everyday and not miss out one day otherwise this won't disrupt the forgetting curve. So, you won't end up remembering much stuff.

For Chemistry, Its the same process. However, I would recommend making your flashcards quickly and maybe adding a few Images/diagrams to make you recall forcefully from your Memory. And, also do lots of Exam Style Questions and look over them. And turn them into a Flash Card on Anki and GO THROUGH THESE FLASH CARDS EVERYDAY.

Furthermore, I would also like to mention the revision website Seneca

Try and understand the notes and answer the quiz. Do this before making your own flashcards. As, this will help sync your memory into what you are currently learning. So, It helps to build a very deep understanding. So its much easier when you are making flash cards.

And, DO NOT FORGET!!!
DO YOUR FLASHCARDS EVERYDAY

Hope this Helps

Regards
Umer
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by sarahbery
I've been using Anki for about a year now, and it's absolutely amazing! I would recommend making 'fill in the gap' flashcards for definitions and statements, using the cloze deletion tool. For diagrams, use image occlusion (an add-on) to hide certain parts of diagrams. Make sure you do your cards when they are due! Anki is helpful as it helps with long-term memory using spaced repetition. There are lots of videos on YouTube that give tutorials on effective flashcards. Avoid doing flashcards that are simply 'flip the card for the answer' as this doen't test your brain and is quite passive.

I hope this helps :smile:

Hello,

I am a student studying in Year 10. And, I looked all over the internet but I couldn't find a revision booklet for Religious Studies. Currently, I am studying Christianity but does do you know where I can get a revision booklet just for Christianity with exam questions like other students have?
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending