There's plenty of choice for backpacks suitable for school/uni/work, like:

-Herschel
-Fjallraven Kanken
-Vans
-Hype
-JanSport
-Kipling
-Eastpak

Out of so much choice, I was wondering what brands people here like, or if there's anything you despise.
(edited 2 years ago)
Eastpak are good. They have a 30 year warranty.
Original post by Whatsmyusername

-Herschel
-Fjallraven Kanken
-Vans
-Hype
-JanSport
-Kipling

Out of so much choice, I was wondering what brands people here like, or if there's anything you despise.

Swissgear are excellent - can't fault them.
Reply 3
Original post by Sabertooth
Eastpak are good. They have a 30 year warranty.

Ah I forgot about that one. Added that to the list.

Original post by Reality Check
Swissgear are excellent - can't fault them.

Swissgear has more of a travel/luggage design instead of for a student. They're pretty big.
Swissgear has more of a travel/luggage design instead of for a student. They're pretty big.

I wouldn't have said they were a 'luggage' design: there are plenty of designs for the needs of students, although some of them are big. It depends what you're after. @mnot is a bit of a fan of them, if I remember correctly, as am I.
I wouldn't have said they were a 'luggage' design: there are plenty of designs for the needs of students, although some of them are big. It depends what you're after. @mnot is a bit of a fan of them, if I remember correctly, as am I.

Yes I like the swissgear stuff quality build & usability, although I personally use sosoon bag (similar idea just a bit cheaper as the brand is less well known).

The bag I took to uni & now use as a researcher is not a wardrobe accessory, function is the priority. I really like the fact they are comfortable, ergonomic on your shoulders; I can fit a laptop, notepad, lunch & a jacket in it yet they still are reasonably compact when not fully filled.

That said students love to drop a £100 on a kanken bag that can barely hold more than a pencil case.
Regatta - because I'm not a slave to brands :tongue:
Original post by mnot
Yes I like the swissgear stuff quality build & usability, although I personally use sosoon bag (similar idea just a bit cheaper as the brand is less well known).

The bag I took to uni & now use as a researcher is not a wardrobe accessory, function is the priority. I really like the fact they are comfortable, ergonomic on your shoulders; I can fit a laptop, notepad, lunch & a jacket in it yet they still are reasonably compact when not fully filled.

That said students love to drop a £100 on a kanken bag that can barely hold more than a pencil case.

Thanks for that link, mnot. They look very good :smile:
I'm a fan of Lefrik - all of their bags are made of recycled plastic bottles so that's awesome!! It's lasted me many a year of carrying round heavy school books and the like.
Thanks for that link, mnot. They look very good :smile:

I decided to get one after seeing 4.5 stars with 5000+ reviews, very happy with mine. The only annoying thing was the metal zips knocking each other when walking briskly but i used some electrical tape to stop the jingling and have had the bag for like 3+ years and would recommend it.
absolutely not hype, horrible brand/design of bags. my kanken has lasted me a long time and my vans bag is spacious but is kinda flappy
Never owned a backpack in my life. Don't carry anything that can't fit into a pocket.
The northface
Tumi
; Timbuk 2
; Patagonia
Tumi
These are really good choices of brands to choose from. I always buy clothes and other accessories from Nirofashion a mens designer store.

-Herschel
-Fjallraven Kanken
-Vans
-Hype
-JanSport
-Kipling
-Eastpak

Van and Jansports are good brands :u:

Quick Reply

Latest