The Student Room Group

HKU/CUHK Non-JUPAS Medicine 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Just submitted my application.
Finger crossed for all!
Country Of Application: UK
Local/Non Local (Do you have HKID?): Non local from China
Degree Holder/High School Applicant: first Year medical student at Newcastle university. Got a first class in biomedical sciences from UCL.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by newpotatobeef
Finger crossed for all!
Degree Holder/High School Applicant: first Year medical student at Newcastle university. Got a first class in biomedical sciences from UCL.

Did you indicate that you’re currently studying first year med at Newcastle? Or just applied as degree holder?
Original post by Anonymous
Did you indicate that you’re currently studying first year med at Newcastle? Or just applied as degree holder?

I indicated
Hello all! I'm a current 2nd year student in HKU Med with a scholarship, and I had offers from both HKU MBBS and CUHK MBChB+GPS. AMA, I'll check on this thread once in a while lol. Or post your questions on the HKUniversity sub I moderate on Reddit :smile:, I'm a lot more active on there haha
Original post by That Seagull
Hello all! I'm a current 2nd year student in HKU Med with a scholarship, and I had offers from both HKU MBBS and CUHK MBChB+GPS. AMA, I'll check on this thread once in a while lol. Or post your questions on the HKUniversity sub I moderate on Reddit :smile:, I'm a lot more active on there haha

Hi would you mind sharing a bit about your background?

Hi! Would you mind sharing a bit about your background? Thanks!
Hi would you mind sharing a bit about your background?

no, dont wanna get doxxed. soz

you can prompt me about specifics and i'll see if it's too personal or not
unless you would want to ask about my predicteds before application, the offer and what i got at the end

I got 4A* predicted

The offer was 4A*, the scholarship offer was also 4A*

I achieved 4A*
Original post by Anonymous 2844
Hello,I would like to apply to HKU med My background:Non local Chinese (Cantonese)High school applicantExam board: AQA, OCRPredicted: 3 A*

Hi! Another 2022 applicant here. Do you take a fourth subject? I am afraid that HKU requires 4 subjects for entry (i just got it from the recent admissions talk
Finger crossed for all!

Why do you still want to apply to HK? You wanna work in hk?
Original post by Terrafied
Hi! Another 2022 applicant here. Do you take a fourth subject? I am afraid that HKU requires 4 subjects for entry (i just got it from the recent admissions talk

3 subjects is sufficient but 4 sorts of give you an advantage??
Why do you still want to apply to HK? You wanna work in hk?

Yes want to work in HK. And obviously HKU Med is way more better than Newcastle (QS 45 VS QS 79)
(edited 2 years ago)
Yes want to work in HK. And obviously HKU Med is way more better than Newcastle (QS 45 VS QS 79)

Did you apply for year 2 entry?
Did you apply for year 2 entry?

Yes. But I think I have to restart from Y1, which I don’t mind.

Sorry to be blunt but 4 subject is the minimum
for degree & master holders, will the faculty emphasize more on the master qualification or equally important?

Hello, current HKU Y2 MBBS student here. 4A* is the minimum entry requirement (i.e. you must take 4 subjects) unless you have some special reasons/extenuating circumstances, or if you have other internationally-recognised high-school standardised public exams e.g. APs, SATs, DSEs to supplement it (and HKUMed recognises them as part of your academic qualifications).
for degree & master holders, will the faculty emphasize more on the master qualification or equally important?

This is a difficult question, as most postgrads tend to be applying with only a bachelors' (or equivalent) and thus I'm not too sure how faculty will view the masters'. A good GPA (1st-honours or equivalent) in your bachelors' will definitely be important, and if you don't meet that level they might consider how well you did in your masters'.

For Medicine, DO NOT ONLY LOOK AT RANKINGS. Make sure you do actually, genuinely, really want to study here instead of at Newcastle, and you don't see yourself regretting the choice when it's time to start your career.
Reply 39
Hello, current HKU Y2 MBBS student here. 4A* is the minimum entry requirement (i.e. you must take 4 subjects) unless you have some special reasons/extenuating circumstances, or if you have other internationally-recognised high-school standardised public exams e.g. APs, SATs, DSEs to supplement it (and HKUMed recognises them as part of your academic qualifications).

Is it possible for us to receive a 3A*1A CO?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending