The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Official Aston University 2022 Applicant Thread

Hi! :hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Aston University for 2022!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vic Vinegar

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Aston University for 2022!

Hi,

I'm applying for Computer Science and am currently studying Biology, English Lit and Psychology. I never got a chance to study maths or computer science at A level but this is my passion :smile:
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by tsaxoxo123
Hi,

I'm applying for Computer Science and am currently studying Biology, English Lit and Psychology. I never got a chance to study maths or computer science at A level but this is my passion :smile:

Hey, me too! I'm struggling between choosing UOB or Aston so maybe I'll see you there!! :smile:
Original post by Vic Vinegar

Hi,

I'm applying for accounting and finance and currently studying a levels in biology, business and finance. I've also done a level 3 qualification in core math's during my first year of a levels. I'd love to make some friends as i would be moving out of my city to Birmingham and don't really know anyone in Birmingham.

Also can someone explain how accommodation works as I've seen a student accommodation building but it says for freshers only what would i do after that would it be hard for me to find fairly cheap accommodation.
Original post by Imran ali786
Hi,

I'm applying for accounting and finance and currently studying a levels in biology, business and finance. I've also done a level 3 qualification in core math's during my first year of a levels. I'd love to make some friends as i would be moving out of my city to Birmingham and don't really know anyone in Birmingham.

Also can someone explain how accommodation works as I've seen a student accommodation building but it says for freshers only what would i do after that would it be hard for me to find fairly cheap accommodation.

Hi,

have you looked at the Aston Universities website?
Hi,

Hi, I could be completely wrong as I'm not moving into accommodation but I think most universities only give first years dorms. I think most people end up getting a house with a couple of friends and splitting the bills like rent, electricity, and gas between the few of them so that it's cheaper.
Original post by CHARLIE_l
Hi, I could be completely wrong as I'm not moving into accommodation but I think most universities only give first years dorms. I think most people end up getting a house with a couple of friends and splitting the bills like rent, electricity, and gas between the few of them so that it's cheaper.

Yes i agree but then i would have to find the right people which may be a bit difficult.
Yes i agree but then i would have to find the right people which may be a bit difficult.

Yeah, it kinda sucks given that you really only have a year to find people and then are stuck with them for another year. But I suppose you could get lucky and find a few people you get along with.
Original post by tsaxoxo123
Hi,

have you looked at the Aston Universities website?

Yep had a look at the Aston website but it only really talks about freshers accommodation. How are you finding biology so far i'm predicted an A so far but don't think i would get an A because some of the topics in year 2 seem so difficult.
Reply 9
Yep had a look at the Aston website but it only really talks about freshers accommodation. How are you finding biology so far i'm predicted an A so far but don't think i would get an A because some of the topics in year 2 seem so difficult.

I am wanting go there too and i heard its best to stay on the accomodation which is on campus alread, as everyone will be there, like mostly 1st years, but theres other accoms nearby too
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi everyone! i'm applying for business and international relations. Message me if you want to get in touch!
Original post by anacio
I am wanting go there too and i heard its best to stay on the accomodation which is on campus alread, as everyone will be there, like mostly 1st years, but theres other accoms nearby too

True but the other accommodations off campus are way more cheaper.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone! i'm applying for business and international relations. Message me if you want to get in touch!

Hi I want to do International relations too. Are you going to the open day on the 20th?
Original post by Freyab19
Hi I want to do International relations too. Are you going to the open day on the 20th?

I'm not sure yet. DM me if you hear anything about your offer x
Original post by Freyab19

I'll be going! Will you be travelling from quite far or do you live close to the uni?
has anyone got an offer?
I’ve not even applied yet and don’t they go through applications after the deadline?
Original post by Imran858
I’ve not even applied yet and don’t they go through applications after the deadline?

i think they constantly go through applications usually you get a response within 4 weeks unless it’s a really popular course
Hi,

Im applying for the same course at the same uni!!
Reply 19
Hi everyone, I have had an unconditional offer for Civil Engineering starting 2022.
I’m hoping to get to the open day on the 20th.
Anyone else applying for an engineering course?

Quick Reply

Latest