The Student Room Group

student finance

I have a question, I studied for 2 years at a university I moved immediately after finishing the 2nd year to another university, different course, but the answer received from finance student is that it does not cover the length of my course. If I studied 2 and the current course is for another 2 years, why is it not covered by my student finance, and why the top is not optional if I want to do it or not?
The finance rule is length of new course plus 1, minus previous study.

If the length of your new course is 2 years then that calculation is

2 plus 1 minus 2 = 1year finance so you would have to fund the first year yourself.

Could you be a bit more specific on the new course as generally degrees would be three years long?

I’m also not sure what you mean by your last question about the top being optional?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by GabiAbi84
The finance rule is length of new course plus 1, minus previous study.

If the length of your new course is 2 years then that calculation is

2 plus 1 minus 2 = 1year finance so you would have to fund the first year yourself.

Could you be a bit more specific on the new course as generally degrees would be three years long?

I’m also not sure what you mean by your last question about the top being optional?

the course is only 2 years
Original post by ioanalexandra
the course is only 2 years

Then you won’t get funded for year one as you have already had two years of funding.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending