The Student Room Group

prom dress ugh

i have no clue what to wear for prom
ik i have like 8 months but id prefer to stress over that than my upcoming mocks
so im muslim so i have to have ankle length, long-sleeved dresses
i have no clue what colour or style i just know i dont want to wear any of the generic dresses or a colour that alot of other people would be wearing
does anyone know any good sites or dress styles that i might like?
my budget is £200
thank youuu!! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Wear an abaya....

Spoiler

QUIZ has a nice selection of dresses :smile:
Original post by Violet5567
ik i have like 8 months but id prefer to stress over that than my upcoming mocks
i have no clue what colour or style i just know i dont want to wear any of the generic dresses or a colour that alot of other people would be wearing
my budget is £200

You have upcoming mocks and you are worried about a prom dress? 🤨
Reply 4
Original post by summerbirdreads
Wear an abaya....

Spoiler

hahaha no dw its funny i just imagined a group photo and me in the back with a black abaya and a black niqab😂😂😂😂
Reply 5
Original post by stillcrying
QUIZ has a nice selection of dresses :smile:

ooh thank you i'll take a look now :biggrin:
ooh thank you i'll take a look now :biggrin:

I got mine in the sale back in 2019 for £30 - was quite the bargain!
Reply 7
Original post by 5hyl33n
You have upcoming mocks and you are worried about a prom dress? 🤨

yeh my procrastination is becoming a problem but at least i'll look cute at prom:dontknow:
Reply 8
my budget is £200

QUIZ!!
Wear an abaya....

Spoiler

:laugh: I think we call that 'going for the easy option'
hahaha no dw its funny i just imagined a group photo and me in the back with a black abaya and a black niqab😂😂😂😂

You can actually try buying short sleeved dress or something like that but wear something full-sleeved underneath it? like it sounds horrible but I saw people on Instagram making that work like a charm, full-sleeved dresses are rather hard to find and istg most of them are rather ugly.
Original post by Reality Check
:laugh: I think we call that 'going for the easy option'

Or the lazy option.
You can actually try buying short sleeved dress or something like that but wear something full-sleeved underneath it? like it sounds horrible but I saw people on Instagram making that work like a charm, full-sleeved dresses are rather hard to find and istg most of them are rather ugly.

i was thinking of doing that cos i cant find any nice long sleeved ones but idk how to pull it off
yehhhh most of them look rly badly proportioned
do you know their handle?
Or the lazy option.

Would jazzing up an abaya with some sequins and embroidery be haram? Or just more 'prom'?
Would jazzing up an abaya with some sequins and embroidery be haram? Or just more 'prom'?

Actually there are lots of abayas with sequins, embroidery and all that stuff. They're not generally considered haram as far as I know but I'm sure crazy fanatic radicals think those are haram.
Actually there are lots of abayas with sequins, embroidery and all that stuff. They're not generally considered haram as far as I know but I'm sure crazy fanatic radicals think those are haram.

Yes - they used to be on ISOC here, when that was A Big Thing.
i was thinking of doing that cos i cant find any nice long sleeved ones but idk how to pull it off
yehhhh most of them look rly badly proportioned
do you know their handle?

You can check insta with random hashtag, you'll find many nicely done ones.
Yes - they used to be on ISOC here, when that was A Big Thing.

They think everything is haram.. I hate their lot.
my budget is £200

Try modanisa they have amazing modest clothes for any occasion on there I love there dresses
Original post by Bubbles_1234
Try modanisa they have amazing modest clothes for any occasion on there I love there dresses

will do thanks sm :smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending