The Student Room Group

Urgent help for my animation portfolio

I've completed my bachelor's through engineering and have no idea about animation portfolio for postgraduate studies.... I've received mail to submit my portfolio within 2 weeks...could someone help me out?
tell me more
I went through refrences online what should a basic portfolio have....should i include all work related to animation? Or can I add my personal work too? I've don perspective drawing,live sketching also made some characters....but all on paper not digital....is it fine to add them in portfolio
Original post by tinyperson
tell me more

I went through refrences online what should a basic portfolio have....should i include all work related to animation? Or can I add my personal work too? I've don perspective drawing,live sketching also made some characters....but all on paper not digital....is it fine to add them in portfolio
I'd include all work related to animation, your own ideas too. It's really important to show the process and sketchbook ideas, things you've tried, not only the final successful animations. It's also important to have ideas - so not just a demonstration of your technical ability, be that drawing or digital, but to show your narrative and sequencing ideas. Hope this helps.
Hi @Sanskruti1619!

My name is Rohnak and I'm in my second year of BA The Art of Computer Animation at Escape Studios. I'd be happy to share some portfolio advice with you!

The first, most important piece of advice is to check the portfolio requirements on the website of the university you're applying to! Some have specific requirements (e.g. they want to see life drawings, or specific types of animation). The requirements can also pertain to the format that you show the work in: they could only want to see a website of yours or there could be a chance for an in-person interview where you can show off physical artwork. It varies, so make sure to check!

Aside from that, a portfolio can be any kind of artwork that you feel represents the best of your ability. Including animations that you have made is probably the most important aspect but anything from paintings, to sketches, to sculpture and collage is welcome too! It can honestly be anything. The important factor is that it shows off your artistic ability. It proves that you can create something with a theme, or idea behind it, and with visual appeal.

I hope this helps! If you have more portfolio questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Rohnak
Escape Studios Student Rep
Original post by Escape Studios Rep
Hi @Sanskruti1619!

My name is Rohnak and I'm in my second year of BA The Art of Computer Animation at Escape Studios. I'd be happy to share some portfolio advice with you!

The first, most important piece of advice is to check the portfolio requirements on the website of the university you're applying to! Some have specific requirements (e.g. they want to see life drawings, or specific types of animation). The requirements can also pertain to the format that you show the work in: they could only want to see a website of yours or there could be a chance for an in-person interview where you can show off physical artwork. It varies, so make sure to check!

Aside from that, a portfolio can be any kind of artwork that you feel represents the best of your ability. Including animations that you have made is probably the most important aspect but anything from paintings, to sketches, to sculpture and collage is welcome too! It can honestly be anything. The important factor is that it shows off your artistic ability. It proves that you can create something with a theme, or idea behind it, and with visual appeal.

I hope this helps! If you have more portfolio questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Rohnak

Thankyou soo much for your humble help.... I've submitted my portfolio today morning....your guidance helped me alot.
I'm glad I could help! I wish you the best of luck with your application. :biggrin:

Rohnak

Quick Reply

Latest