The Student Room Group

Ofcom Graduate Scheme 2021

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
And congratulations to you both for getting confirmation!!!
Reply 21
Original post by Saffa2021
I finished my assessment earlier and it seemed straight forward but I’m still worried I screwed it up lol, do you know how long they take to get back to us after completing it?

The response rate seems slightly different from the previous year. Last year it was a fast response and I think it was automated. You should hear back in a day or two. Fingers crossed for you!
Reply 22
Original post by SLT15
The response rate seems slightly different from the previous year. Last year it was a fast response and I think it was automated. You should hear back in a day or two. Fingers crossed for you!

Thank you, I just received confirmation, moving on to video interview. But will only do it after 17th so I can gain more insight from the Explore Ofcom event. All the best with yours. Are you attending the event as well?
Reply 23
Thank you, I just received confirmation, moving on to video interview. But will only do it after 17th so I can gain more insight from the Explore Ofcom event. All the best with yours. Are you attending the event as well?

Yes I am looking forward to it. I think I need that too and will take the test tomorrow
Reply 24

Also congratulations on passing the test!!
Reply 25
Original post by SLT15
Also congratulations on passing the test!!

Thank you!! Wishing you my best with yours.
(edited 2 years ago)
I just received an email confirmation saying I had passed through to the VI. Quite surprised as I did my test last night and I was convinced I’d failed the numerical one!
Reply 27
Original post by AshleaJade
I just received an email confirmation saying I had passed through to the VI. Quite surprised as I did my test last night and I was convinced I’d failed the numerical one!

Congratulations! What stream did you apply for?
Original post by SLT15
Congratulations! What stream did you apply for?

I applied for finance, how about you?
Reply 29
I applied for finance, how about you?

Policy :smile: Makes sense why you did a Numberical test
Original post by SLT15
Policy :smile: Makes sense why you did a Numberical test

Have you don’t the VI? I think I’m going to wait until the event on the 17th! Don’t know about you but I found the whole process quite odd with applying through brightnetwork
Reply 31
Have you don’t the VI? I think I’m going to wait until the event on the 17th! Don’t know about you but I found the whole process quite odd with applying through brightnetwork

I haven't completed my test yet. It is odd and it has changed slightly from last year as they didn't have verbal reasoning or Numberical reasoning just the SJT. Brightnetwork will handle your application until you get to the AC. Thats when OFCOM handles the shortlisting.
Original post by SLT15
I haven't completed my test yet. It is odd and it has changed slightly from last year as they didn't have verbal reasoning or Numberical reasoning just the SJT. Brightnetwork will handle your application until you get to the AC. Thats when OFCOM handles the shortlisting.

Ohh I see, this is my first round of applications so it’s all quite new to me! Did you get to the assessment centre last year?
Reply 33
Ohh I see, this is my first round of applications so it’s all quite new to me! Did you get to the assessment centre last year?

No I didn't. Brightnetwork shortlisted me to OFCOM but OFCOM didn't shortlist me for the AC
Reply 34

I had a question regarding the verbal reasoning test. Was it the one that has true, false and cannot say as the options or was it the style that has True, Probably True, Cannot say, Probably False and False? Thank you in advance
Reply 35
Original post by SLT15
I had a question regarding the verbal reasoning test. Was it the one that has true, false and cannot say as the options or was it the style that has True, Probably True, Cannot say, Probably False and False? Thank you in advance

Hey, its the latter! Good luck!
Reply 36
Hey, its the latter! Good luck!

I completed mine this morning. Feeling nervous about that verbal reasoning 😭
Reply 37
Original post by SLT15
I completed mine this morning. Feeling nervous about that verbal reasoning 😭

I’m sure you did great! I without a doubt did terribly on mine (I got more than half of the questions wrong on the practice exercises), but by some luck I made it through lol. Hang in there and all the best, hoping they get back to you ASAP ✨✨
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 38
I’m sure you did great! I without a doubt did terribly on mine (I got more than half of the questions wrong on the practice exercises), but by some luck I made it through lol. Hang in there and all the best, hoping they get back to you ASAP ✨✨

Thank youu😭 I appreciate it ☺️
Has anyone completed the video interview yet? I assume it’s the STAR style questions?

Quick Reply

Latest