The Student Room Group

why do periods make you throw up?

its so annoying and i thought feeling sick this week was bc i took my painkillers for my sinus issues for my cold too soon after each other and nope i threw up last night and still feel sick.

the pain just makes me wanna throw up again
how do i reduce the pain when i have literally taken painkillers and it doesn't do anything lol
Original post by gracieee16
its so annoying and i thought feeling sick this week was bc i took my painkillers for my sinus issues for my cold too soon after each other and nope i threw up last night and still feel sick.

how do i reduce the pain when i have literally taken painkillers and it doesn't do anything lol

if you are experiencing serious pain you should probably go to the doctors, they might be able to prescribe you better painkillers or suggest birth control (I used to have really long painful periods and since going on birth control it has been miles better)
Original post by becca_sneyd
if you are experiencing serious pain you should probably go to the doctors, they might be able to prescribe you better painkillers or suggest birth control (I used to have really long painful periods and since going on birth control it has been miles better)

especially my legs lmao like it's horrible and my stomach as well and i just feel sick n dizzy 🤣. all fun and games. yeah in my situation I can't take birth control as it will make my condition worse when i come off it.
I don't really get any physical pain or mood shifts but I bleed like crazy, I need to change pads like 4 times in an hour, ugh it's horrible.
(edited 2 years ago)
especially my legs lmao like it's horrible and my stomach as well and i just feel sick n dizzy 🤣. all fun and games. yeah in my situation I can't take birth control as it will make my condition worse when i come off it.

yeh completely get not everyone can or wants to go on birth control, in that case I would go to the doctors, hopefully they can help you out x

Could it be endometriosis? Talk to your GP, and bring up that possibility.
yeh completely get not everyone can or wants to go on birth control, in that case I would go to the doctors, hopefully they can help you out x

thank you so much! x just the gp takes so long referring me to gynos so annoying and it's so longggg😩xx

Original post by summerbirdreads
I don't really get any physical pain or mood shifts but I bleed like crazy, I need to change pads like 4 times in an hour, ugh it's horrible.

awehhh noooo that's really not good 🥺🥺

Original post by booklover1313
Could it be endometriosis? Talk to your GP, and bring up that possibility.

im getting seen again by a gyno but it takes a long time around here 😒 i got diagnosed with pcos but i don't know if that causes pain or not they ain't rlly helpful lmao
thank you so much! x just the gp takes so long referring me to gynos so annoying and it's so longggg😩xx

awehhh noooo that's really not good 🥺🥺

im getting seen again by a gyno but it takes a long time around here 😒 i got diagnosed with pcos but i don't know if that causes pain or not they ain't rlly helpful lmao

I really hope everything gets better soon & you get the help you need
Original post by booklover1313
I really hope everything gets better soon & you get the help you need

thank you so much! u rlly helped xx

Original post by summerbirdreads

What if you have the opposite of problem of no period?
Original post by Amandajeon
What if you have the opposite of problem of no period?

how old are you? How long have you not had your period for?
Original post by agnos987
how old are you? How long have you not had your period for?

i just turned 18 and I haven't had it for a year.

oh wow :eek:
are you underweight? Could it be your diet? Is your diet lacking nutrition?
Do you have any medical conditions?

it could be your hormones? I think nausea is pretty common during periods for this reason. I also find being in pain can sometimes make me nauseous, probably the stress of it all.

If you can't take painkillers because of nausea or because you keep bringing them up - try more 'natural' remedies like a hot bath, acupressure, sipping ginger tea, deep breathing, stretching etc.

You should definitely see the doctor anyway. They can probably prescribe anti-nausea medicine. Get well soon!
i vomited acidic water on my period once, not fun at all :/

pcos? that's the most common infertility cause and most common hormone imbalance. 1 in 10 women have it so maybe speak to your GP and bring that up?

Original post by Rosiemaexx
it could be your hormones? I think nausea is pretty common during periods for this reason. I also find being in pain can sometimes make me nauseous, probably the stress of it all.

If you can't take painkillers because of nausea or because you keep bringing them up - try more 'natural' remedies like a hot bath, acupressure, sipping ginger tea, deep breathing, stretching etc.

You should definitely see the doctor anyway. They can probably prescribe anti-nausea medicine. Get well soon!

hey!! yeah i have a hormone imbalance so that's probably the cause. the thing is it disappeared yesterday... idek what's going on.😒 like they used to last 10 days a few years ago and now they're only lasting a day and they're really light when they used to be very very heavy. kinda scared lmao.
Original post by nightingalegend
i vomited acidic water on my period once, not fun at all :/

oucch! that sucks 😩!! throwing up isn't the best whatsoever. really not good. yeah my period keeps coming and going. like last night and this morning was no blood and then at work it went everywhere and no doubt it's gone now. it's doing my heading. the pain is also. ik tmi but like the gp is always busy so what's the point
When I was a teenager I used to get the worst period pains ever. I couldn't even stand up, and I'd vomit from the pain.

I don't really have much advice, because the only thing that made mine better was having children. Feminax used to take the edge off a TINY bit. My mother used to give me Indian Brandee to try and help but I don't think you can buy that stuff any more.

Quick Reply

Latest