Hello,
I am currently in Year 10 and I have picked these GCSE subjects:
-English
-Maths
-Triple Science
-Geography
-French
-Computer Science

However I need some advice on how to manage my time with each subject and if you know any websites or resources that can help revise for each subject that would be great as I want to get 8s and 9s in my GCSEs as I wish to study medicine in university.

Thank you
Original post by Ayah15
Hello,
I am currently in Year 10 and I have picked these GCSE subjects:
-English
-Maths
-Triple Science
-Geography
-French
-Computer Science

However I need some advice on how to manage my time with each subject and if you know any websites or resources that can help revise for each subject that would be great as I want to get 8s and 9s in my GCSEs as I wish to study medicine in university.

Thank you

Hi!
From my experience, biology was the most content heavy, because there are so many facts to learn as well as concepts. Chemistry and physics are more about understanding the concepts as you go, which then makes revising a lot easier. For french, put all your vocab into Quizlet and test yourself on there. It is also good for definitions for science etc. Doing well in math mostly comes down to doing lots of practice questions, so try and do the hardest questions in the textbook/homework, and then lots and lots of past papers when it gets to year 11. Geography is relatively straight forward, as long as you stay on top of case studies, and keep up with the news (there is lots about human geography you can get just by reading). Make sure you are familiar with the set texts for english, and once you have your essay technique nailed, you will be fine. I didn't do computing, so I can't offer advice, sorry.
On youtube, freescience lessons and the Kahn academy are all good. But your first point of reference should be your textbook. If you memorise them (or at least know everything in them, not off by heart!) then you will be fine (for sciences).
flashcards
Math was definitely all about practice and being patient when you find questions that you can't seem to solve. I browsed Youtube a lot to get educational Youtubers to explain the basic concepts to me (same thing for Physics), but then had the challenge of not dipping into other entertainment Youtube videos, so you need to have the discipline.
Reply 4
Original post by booklover1313
Hi!
From my experience, biology was the most content heavy, because there are so many facts to learn as well as concepts. Chemistry and physics are more about understanding the concepts as you go, which then makes revising a lot easier. For french, put all your vocab into Quizlet and test yourself on there. It is also good for definitions for science etc. Doing well in math mostly comes down to doing lots of practice questions, so try and do the hardest questions in the textbook/homework, and then lots and lots of past papers when it gets to year 11. Geography is relatively straight forward, as long as you stay on top of case studies, and keep up with the news (there is lots about human geography you can get just by reading). Make sure you are familiar with the set texts for english, and once you have your essay technique nailed, you will be fine. I didn't do computing, so I can't offer advice, sorry.
On youtube, freescience lessons and the Kahn academy are all good. But your first point of reference should be your textbook. If you memorise them (or at least know everything in them, not off by heart!) then you will be fine (for sciences).

Thank you so much
Reply 5
Original post by journeyaway
Math was definitely all about practice and being patient when you find questions that you can't seem to solve. I browsed Youtube a lot to get educational Youtubers to explain the basic concepts to me (same thing for Physics), but then had the challenge of not dipping into other entertainment Youtube videos, so you need to have the discipline.

Thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending