The Student Room Group

Am I fat?

I have hopefully attached some pictures and I just want peoples honest opinions I honestly will not be offended. I need to know whether I should try loose some weight or just not bother if I look fine (cos I really hate exercise aha).
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Carlywarly48
I have hopefully attached some pictures and I just want peoples honest opinions I honestly will not be offended. I need to know whether I should try loose some weight or just not bother if I look fine (cos I really hate exercise aha).

You should excersise regardless because besides giving you a better body it will help you maintain good health both physically and mentally
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by the_pharaoh
You should excersise regardless because besides giving you a better body it will help you maintain good health both physically and mentally

Yeah I do walk and stuff but just not like properly go to the gym and work out
Reply 3

I would say you're not fat at all. Maybe work on posture a bit(could just be that pic tho)
Still do exercise and keep active though. The grind never stops 💪
Maybe it's a chubby area, but not fat i wouldn't say no. You can easily get in better shape it won't be a huge project for you if you cut down on junk food or carbs. Also can't tell maybe your legs/arms are slimmer. Everyone has their 'problem area' which shows fat more than the rest of the body dn't judge based on that part alone
Yeah I do walk and stuff but just not like properly go to the gym and work out

thats good there is no point of going gym if your not looking to build strength just keep walking prefrably start running as also losing a bit of weight wont cause any harm, but otherwise ur not fat to an unhealthy degree just a bit of a belly
eat protien, high fibre foods , vegetables, drink lotss and lotts of water, workout, get enough sleep, make sure you're eating your meals ONTIME! and do not skip breakfast !!
& pls remember that you are beautiful. :smile:
I think you should try to lose some weight.
Reply 8

Like the first reply said, whether or not you’re fat shouldn’t determine if you should exercise or not as exercise is necessary for good health despite bodily appearance. Tbf there’s nothing wrong with working out in order to achieve a certain physique but it has to be within reasonable boundaries.

Anyway, to answer your question, I wouldn’t describe you as fat (according to societal standards), I wouldn’t call you slim either, i think you have a pretty average teen body with a little more fat around your stomach (which is v common btw).
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 9
thats good there is no point of going gym if your not looking to build strength just keep walking prefrably start running as also losing a bit of weight wont cause any harm, but otherwise ur not fat to an unhealthy degree just a bit of a belly

Gyms aren't just weight yk.. and girls still use weights, not to become the next she-hulk tho

Spoiler

Slightly chubby
Original post by Slx.24
Gyms aren't just weight yk.. and girls still use weights, not to become the next she-hulk tho

Spoiler

I never said girls dont use weights 🤔

also ik but its usually not worth paying for a gym if ur going just for cardio
Reply 12
I never said girls dont use weights 🤔

also ik but its usually not worth paying for a gym if ur going just for cardio

Yeah I know, bad sentence from my side but I think we get each others points
Yeah truee. But for better physique etc gym is better than just runs. But yeah for PURE cardio a bit of a money blower
Yes.
To lose weight your will need to change your dietary habits, go into calorie deficit by at least 500 calories, start doing some cardio exercise and a few daily youtube workouts.
I'd recommend checking out Emi Wong, Lucy Wyndham-Read and Chloe Ting.

It is useful for most healthy people to aim at doing at least 30mins daily exercise 5-6 days a week, even when they are happy with their weight and physical appearance.
Good luck!
Hey OP, you mentioned that you hate exercising. Maybe as a starting point you could explore some different types of physical activity available, figure out what you like best?

With exercise and good health, discipline is key - and it would be easier to maintain that discipline if you were doing something you liked. I used to be a couch potato, and wasn't a gym gal at all - but I got into outdoor running, and have kept the habit for years. Forcing myself into the gym wouldn't have worked. I have other friends who like dance, classes, ballet, hiking, swimming (and my brother even likes zumba)...there's plenty of movement out there for you to choose. Good luck :smile:
What are yall on about? That's not even fat :confused:

Not "Fat" but IMO Chubby. Skipping really helps in improving overall health and slimming the body.

Quick Reply

Latest