The Student Room Group

Trinity college, Cambridge 2022 Official Applicants Thread

1920px-Trinity_College_-_Great_Court_02.jpg
Hey, this is the official applicants thread for those applying to Trinity for 2022 entry.
Feel free to ask any questions you may have.
1) What course are you applying for?
2) Which A levels are you taking?
3) Any admissions tests?
4) How are you preparing for these tests?
5) What else have you done to strengthen your application?
6) Why Cambridge and not Oxford?
7) Why did you apply to Trinity? Not the most important question by far, but I'm sure we all still have our reasons!
@Theloniouss
Good luck with your applications!
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi! Nice to see someone made a thread for Trinity!
1) Law
2) I'm in the IB; I take HL History, English and German and SL Chemistry, Math AI and Polish
3) Cambridge Law Test, hopefully :smile:
4) I'm doing some past papers and reading more books to get more familiar with the legal stuff
5) I've had some work experience, attended a law course and MUNs, did much reading, and tried to get the highest predicted grades possible
6) Just like the vibe more, also, I prefer the CLT over the LNAT
7) To be honest, I can't seem to find any pragmatic reasons for that, just love at first sight lol Later, I found out it was big and wealthy, so it's pretty cool! But, when I applied, I didn't know it was one of the most competitive colleges in Cambridge. I only recently have read on the threads from previous years that many people with amazing predicted grades got rejected without even being invited to the interview, so that's a bit stressful...
Reply 2
Original post by izka4455
7) To be honest, I can't seem to find any pragmatic reasons for that, just love at first sight lol Later, I found out it was big and wealthy, so it's pretty cool! But, when I applied, I didn't know it was one of the most competitive colleges in Cambridge. I only recently have read on the threads from previous years that many people with amazing predicted grades got rejected without even being invited to the interview, so that's a bit stressful...

Haha, same reasons here. Big and rich, and founded by the one and only Henry VIII !
Reply 3
Medicine.
Chemistry, Biology and Maths
3) Any admissions tests?
BMAT
Doing past papers
I read around my spec and also into some other topics which interested me. I did a little work experience, but where I live, the work experience opportunities weren't exactly boundless. I did what I could for work experience.
Cambridge let you do a full cadaver dissection, at Oxford, the teacher does it for you.
7) Why did you apply to Trinity?
It's cool.
Law
English, History, Law and Performing Arts
3) Any admissions tests?
Cambridge Law Test
Doing past papers and reading up on current affairs
Did some wider reading, completed some work experience and online courses
Cambridge let’s you choose your papers for years 2 and 3. Plus I prefer the city and the colleges at Cambridge.
7) Why did you apply to Trinity?
It's the one I felt a real pull too. Plus it is super pretty and I studied Tudor History and it was built under Henry VIII 😂
Reply 5
Original post by numnum1111
1920px-Trinity_College_-_Great_Court_02.jpg
Hey, this is the official applicants thread for those applying to Trinity for 2022 entry.
Feel free to ask any questions you may have.
3) Any admissions tests?
7) Why did you apply to Trinity? Not the most important question by far, but I'm sure we all still have our reasons!
@Theloniouss
Good luck with your applications!

1. Natural Sciences (Physical)
2. International A levels: Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry
3. NSAA on Nov 3
4. Past papers and going through the specification
5. Mostly just reading around my subjects and self studying FM
6. I can study more than one science at Cambridge
7. I'm an international applicant and Trinity has the cheapest college fee. Other than that, it also just felt nice.
English
English Literature, Religious Studies and Geography
3) Any admissions tests?
ELAT on Thursday (4th)
Watched some useful webinars from Cambridge and Oxford and will do a couple of practice papers this week (don't want to overdo it)
Read books, Courses, webinars etc
I preferred the course and just the general vibe tbh

Good location, good intake number for English, great facilities. Amongst other smaller reasons.
Ooh hey everyone thought I'd join! I've never done one of these but I think it's cool getting to know potential friends (fingers crossed).
anyways
1) Law
2) taking IB - History, English, Psychology at HL
3) CLT in a bit
4) uhh honestly just looking at sample papers - my go to is also watching YouTube videos from previous applicants
5) books, law course, trying to read more news lately
6) felt more of a personal pull - plus I like being able to choose my own papers and not having only one set of exams count if that even makes sense
7) I decided on the day of submission so not entirely thought out haha but I mean just look at it! Plus location and the libraries
Original post by heyheygirl
Ooh hey everyone thought I'd join! I've never done one of these but I think it's cool getting to know potential friends (fingers crossed).
anyways
1) Law
2) taking IB - History, English, Psychology at HL
3) CLT in a bit
4) uhh honestly just looking at sample papers - my go to is also watching YouTube videos from previous applicants
5) books, law course, trying to read more news lately
6) felt more of a personal pull - plus I like being able to choose my own papers and not having only one set of exams count if that even makes sense
7) I decided on the day of submission so not entirely thought out haha but I mean just look at it! Plus location and the libraries

Hey! Good luck with your application :smile:
Original post by sophieerayner
Hey! Good luck with your application :smile:

thanks, you too!
Has anyone here had an interview offer from Trinity. I’ve only had the admissions test information but it said on Trinity’s website that they send things out in the second half of November but some people say they have already gotten interviews
Original post by Chloe Marcellino
Has anyone here had an interview offer from Trinity. I’ve only had the admissions test information but it said on Trinity’s website that they send things out in the second half of November but some people say they have already gotten interviews

Yes, on the document they attached to their first email, they stated that they will not be sending out interview invitations before 22nd November. In fact, they even described it as 'impossible' for them to send invitations before this date! There are 2 possibilities here: either those receiving interview invitations are international applicants (they can sometimes operate on a different timeline), or Trinity has gone back on their word. If the latter is true, expect a decision anytime now -- unless you applied for a subject with a pre-interview assessment, in which case they will wait for the results before sending out invitations.
Yes, on the document they attached to their first email, they stated that they will not be sending out interview invitations before 22nd November. In fact, they even described it as 'impossible' for them to send invitations before this date! There are 2 possibilities here: either those receiving interview invitations are international applicants (they can sometimes operate on a different timeline), or Trinity has gone back on their word. If the latter is true, expect a decision anytime now -- unless you applied for a subject with a pre-interview assessment, in which case they will wait for the results before sending out invitations.

I received an invitation on Friday, and I'm an international applicant, so that may be the case. I'm from the EU, the time difference is not such a big deal, but I guess they might have decided to notify all international applicants first
(edited 2 years ago)
Are Trinity known for giving less importance to your personal statement for medicine? I feel like it is the Achilles's heel of my application, and the less they look at it, the better. It's not that it's bad, it's just not amazing.
(edited 2 years ago)

Oh ok, I just know the Law test is on the 25th November but I’ve had nothing else. It said at the top that if you are selected for an interview you will be asked to take the admissions test so I should just wait for an email
Did anyone got interview offer from Trinity for Land Economy?

Someone I know already got an interview invite from trinity(maths).
Original post by Chloe Marcellino

Hi, home applicant here. I got invited to interview on the 11th of November for Trinity so they must have gone back on their word I guess.
Is anyone having trouble logging into Moodle? Just got my login details for the CLT and it’s saying they’re not correct
Original post by heyheygirl
Is anyone having trouble logging into Moodle? Just got my login details for the CLT and it’s saying they’re not correct

I had no trouble logging in - try contacting the college, it's probably their mistake
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending