The Student Room Group

Uni tuition fee

I’ve just found out that I won’t be getting my uni tuition fee however have already received my maintenance loan for the this semester which I have already spent. I cannot afford the tuition fee which means I’m gonna end up having to drop out. Am I going to be expected to pay the tuition fee and maintenance loan debt straight up or will I be able to set up some kind of instalment payment plan since I’m not working that much or pay the full amount in one go?
Original post by Tkmilan
I’ve just found out that I won’t be getting my uni tuition fee however have already received my maintenance loan for the this semester which I have already spent. I cannot afford the tuition fee which means I’m gonna end up having to drop out. Am I going to be expected to pay the tuition fee and maintenance loan debt straight up or will I be able to set up some kind of instalment payment plan since I’m not working that much or pay the full amount in one go?

Hi, hope you are well. Please take a look at the information within the UCAS website which will assist you with your enquires: https://www.ucas.com/student-finance-england/repaying-your-student-loan. You won't be required to pay the loan straight up, It is only until you earn above a certain amount (as explained in the website). Payments are normally taken out automatically from you pay checks once you earn above the stated amount.
Reply 2
This is for an overpayment rather than the loan itself from SLC aswell as I didn’t pay the tuition fee so far the time I’ve been in uni which is like 3 months

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending