The Student Room Group

Cell division and heredity (health) worksheet Unit 17 LearnDirect Access to Midwifery

Hi has anyone done this worksheet. I am stuck on these questions.
What is the genotype of individual 2?

What is the genotype of individual 4?

What is the genotype of individual 10?

What is the genotype of individual 12?
(edited 2 years ago)
@Cmelissa Hi have you done the worksheet. I need help on these questions. What is the genotype of individual 2?

What is the genotype of individual 4?

What is the genotype of individual 10?

What is the genotype of individual 12?
Hi sorry you have had no help for such a long time!

Are you able to copy the Q here? I shall rescue you out of your worries!

M
Reply 3
Is anybody able to help with this please?
Original post by emmaa93
Is anybody able to help with this please?

Hi I am happy to help out and explain the rationale, BUT I CANNOT DO THAT WITHOUT HAVING SIGHT OF THE FULL Q. I am NOT doing the access course, so I cannot view the learndirect info! If you are able to provide the Q [it should have some details of other members of the family and their genotypes/phenotypes]

Please tag me when you reply!
Be safe!
Reply 5
Original post by macpatgh-Sheldon
Hi I am happy to help out and explain the rationale, BUT I CANNOT DO THAT WITHOUT HAVING SIGHT OF THE FULL Q. I am NOT doing the access course, so I cannot view the learndirect info! If you are able to provide the Q [it should have some details of other members of the family and their genotypes/phenotypes]

Please tag me when you reply!
Be safe!

4B9131F9-56CB-4D5B-AB25-C50A7D97F477.png
OK the Q needs simple knowledge of genetics - I shall help you out early t-rrow!

Watch this space!
Reply 7
OK the Q needs simple knowledge of genetics - I shall help you out early t-rrow!

Watch this space!

Thank you, I really appreciate it :smile:
Good morning - sorry to break my promise of replying early [I have done most things under the sun, but one thing I haven't tried yet is to repair shoes :colondollar:] - got up 90 minutes late lol!

Ok let us grab this Q by the neck yeah?

First let me print it - scrolling up and down is a headache.

On 2nd thought, it will be easier to write out by hand [avoid stupid one-finger typing!]

Will scan and upload soon, ok?
Genetics Q haemophilia ans.jpg

BTW: you might know that haemophilia runs in the royal family - several kings were affected - condition transmitted from grandad via his daughter [a carrier [as far as is known there are no Muslims in the royal family [Muslims marry their own blood relatives] so it is v unlikely that there were any queens/princesses affected by haemophilia [except that Diana's boyfriend was Muslim]].

Good luck with your nursing/midwifery!
M
Sry - Overlooked part of Q7 [point [D]]- since mother of child [8] is affected she must have XhXh [both alleles abnormal: why? work it out - clue: the condition is transmitted as [sex-linked] recessive.

So if boy is born HE MUST BE XhY
If girl born, she can only be XhXh

Hence 100%
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 11
Sry - Overlooked part of Q7 [point [D]]- since mother of child [8] is affected she must have XhXh [both alleles abnormal: why? work it out - clue: the condition is transmitted as [sex-linked] recessive.

So if boy is born HE MUST BE XhY
If girl born, she can only be XhXh

Hence 100%

Thank you ever so much! I really appreciate your help… I was on the right track but just doubting myself! Thank you
Original post by emmaa93
Thank you ever so much! I really appreciate your help… I was on the right track but just doubting myself! Thank you

My pleasure: if COVID-19 persists for some years [as appears likely] the resultant situation for couples with nothing to do indoors and hence the "baby booms" that are already apparent, will mean that your services will be in great demand lol!

Some professions actually benefit from such a pandemic :colondollar: - there is ALWAYS a silver lining!
Reply 13
My pleasure: if COVID-19 persists for some years [as appears likely] the resultant situation for couples with nothing to do indoors and hence the "baby booms" that are already apparent, will mean that your services will be in great demand lol!

Some professions actually benefit from such a pandemic :colondollar: - there is ALWAYS a silver lining!

Thank you :smile: I look forward to the baby boom! I’ve popped you a message with a quick question :smile:
Reply 14
Hello, this thread has saved me. I was almost there but couldn't get my head around the last question. Is the answer to question 8 50%? Thank you :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending