The Student Room Group

Most horrible physical pains you have experienced?

leg injury
toothache
childbirth
My back randomly seized up a few years ago, to the point i couldnt move at all and had to phone an ambulance because there was noone to help me get up.
Was the most severe pain I have ever felt
My migraine/cluster headache. I go blind temporarily and can't balance on my feet. I literally vomit in pain. The waves of pain made me gag. I was in so much pain that I had to constantly speak to someone beg people to make me laugh or something, I could not be alone it was so scary. Sometimes it's otherwise described as a 'suicide headache'.

Dare I say I can kinda understand the reason it has that name. When I got it a second time, It was emotionally devastating I literally was in fear or lights and sounds for a few days in my room not knowing what triggers it.

It may sound weird since 'migraine' is a pretty common word but the cluster ones man, that stuff is so bad, shiitttt

It's so hard to describe, I kinda feel a pseudo effect happening now whilst typing this so I wont go into detail cuz I'm paranoid

I've only had 2 for the first time in my life over the past year and a half, now that I know what they actually feel like I'm on a mission to brutally murder people who complain 'omg I totally have a migraine' without knowing the true painnnn
Anticipatory grief and panic attacks which for me led to an onset of anxiety symptoms
(edited 2 years ago)
wearing my retainer for the first time in months :redface:
Torn ligament in my foot that was pretty bad.
Anaphylactic shock
Tripping over a football and landing knee first.
Original post by Satori Tendō

It may sound weird since 'migraine' is a pretty common word but the cluster ones man, that stuff is so bad, shiitttt

No, it's not weird my grandma who was a nurse for 30 years would describe patients who were experiencing symptoms similar to yours, just banging their heads against the walls for days on end to try and get the pain to stop because nothing else worked.
Headache after my first seizure
Breaking leg
In that order.
Concussion after banging my head into a wall.
Injection into the sole of my foot.
Period pain is pretty high up there
Birth
Foot injury 😢
Fainted on my period, heart hammering out of my chest, genuinely couldn't breathe, agonising, agonising cramps. When I say I thought I was dying :afraid: I was genuinely surprised to wake up in hospital
I have had 3 god awfully painfull injuries in my time.

Firstly when I was 8, I tripped up a curb during a winter night on my way home with my parents and smashed my eye socket on a cobbled pavement.

Secondly I cut the back of my leg with a electric lawn trimmer which wasn't a bad injury but hurt like he'll

Finally, I got a piece of metal impaled in my knee as a teenager, which had left a totally awesome Scar but was incredibly painful
i am blind in my left eye, last years it collapsed on itself and basically turned to mush from the back. From the front it looked the same so no one believed me, i spent 6 months basically bed bound and in pain i've never ever experienced before.

I begged the doctors to conduct further tests (they refused and i ended up paying for private treatment - cost a fortune!!)
Fast forward anyway, i've now had the eye removed and tha pain is totally gone! mad!

Quick Reply

Latest