The Student Room Group

What's your 'God tier' advent calendar?

I've just bought myself a Lindt advent calendar (the one in the picture below) - this is me treating myself as I normally go for a Dairy Milk one, which is still good to be fair! I'm hoping the Lindt one lives up to expectation.

So what's the best, or 'God tier', advent calendar? And what's the worst?

Are you getting an advent calendar this year? Do you have to buy your own?

Scroll to see replies

I also saw another Lindt one for like double the cost, not sure what the difference is (just slightly bigger chocolates?), but I'm too cheap to have paid that much. Anyone had this one?

(edited 2 years ago)
I have never had an advent calendar. :frown:
one that has 25 not 24 bloody chocolates
Original post by BurstingBubbles
I also saw another Lindt one for like double the cost, not sure what the difference is (just slightly bigger chocolates?), but I'm too cheap to have paid that much. Anyone had this one?

I had that one last year and honestly, it was worth it since u get a lot more of the chocolate bears and reindeers and a big bear at door 24 but the other one u showed is better value for money. Its only differences is that it is cheaper and it doesn't include the big chocolate bear but regardless Lindt advent calendars are top-notch :yep:

I'd also say Ferrero rocher advent calendars are good - I bought that one for this year :giggle:
I saw a gorgeous one advertised on Facebook yesterday - it was all sorts of craft supplies, instructions and tools to make Christmas decorations and stocking fillers. I was really tempted.

It costs £175. I was not that tempted.
Original post by AestheticStudying
I had that one last year and honestly, it was worth it since u get a lot more of the chocolate bears and reindeers and a big bear at door 24 but the other one u showed is better value for money. Its only differences is that it is cheaper and it doesn't include the big chocolate bear but regardless Lindt advent calendars are top-notch :yep:

I'd also say Ferrero rocher advent calendars are good - I bought that one for this year :giggle:

Oh no I feel like I've made a mistake now. Next year though, or maybe just have two? :colone:

Ooh I love ferrero rocher :love:
Original post by skylark2
I saw a gorgeous one advertised on Facebook yesterday - it was all sorts of craft supplies, instructions and tools to make Christmas decorations and stocking fillers. I was really tempted.

It costs £175. I was not that tempted.

Oh yeah there are so many amazing non food ones too. I saw one on This Morning (I think it was) that was £20,000 and had like £24,000 worth of jewellery in it. Imagine spending that much. My £5 Lindt one felt expensive :lol:
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Oh no I feel like I've made a mistake now. Next year though, or maybe just have two? :colone:

Ooh I love ferrero rocher :love:

Ah no no don't feel like u have! Both are wonderful :yep: - as an avid Lindt shopper I think all Lindt advent calendars are just perfect :u:
I mean no one gonna stop u from getting two :giggle: (I might sneakily buy a second one :colondollar: - I saw a really nice green and blacks chocolate advent calendar the other day in Sainsbury's)

my whole family love Ferrero rocher (every family event there's always a box of them :lol: ) but I've really eaten them so maybe my advent calendar this year will make me a Ferrero rocher lover :giggle:
Original post by AestheticStudying
Ah no no don't feel like u have! Both are wonderful :yep: - as an avid Lindt shopper I think all Lindt advent calendars are just perfect :u:
I mean no one gonna stop u from getting two :giggle: (I might sneakily buy a second one :colondollar: - I saw a really nice green and blacks chocolate advent calendar the other day in Sainsbury's)

my whole family love Ferrero rocher (every family event there's always a box of them :lol: ) but I've really eaten them so maybe my advent calendar this year will make me a Ferrero rocher lover :giggle:

Haha no I don't feel like I have to, it's just now it's been recommended I'm intrigued! Next year! :biggrin:

Ooh green and blacks is yummy (always feel like it's posh)? :tongue:

Oh wow I wish we had that at family events, sounds amazing :lol:
Most that I've had just had quite cheap/not great tasting chocolate in them tbh. Also since I'm not religious it always seemed a bit redundant for me, as I may as well just buy a box of chocolates of any kind and eat them instead :wink:
lmao i used to get those cadbury tower ones but i dont like many of the chocolates so now i get the harry potter lego ones :ahee:
This one is my and Mrs RC's usual -

300748.jpg

My mother thinks this is atrocious because there aren't any bible readings behind the doors. :laugh:
Original post by A Rolling Stone
one that has 25 not 24 bloody chocolates

Love that 😹😹
Original post by Reality Check

300748.jpg

My mother thinks this is atrocious because there aren't any bible readings behind the doors. :laugh:

Loool, looks good 👍🏻

300748.jpg

Class
Original post by Smeraldettoi
Class

It's a very grown-up one, but sometimes I have a hankering for one of those lurid Cadbury's ones, with chocolates the shapes of santas and so-forth. :laugh: Still no bible readings behind the doors, though.
It's a very grown-up one, but sometimes I have a hankering for one of those lurid Cadbury's ones, with chocolates the shapes of santas and so-forth. :laugh: Still no bible readings behind the doors, though.

It looks amazing, and I just buy one of those cheap Cadbury ones like a kid, it does pretty much the same job, the chocolate is just less luxuriant

https://healinghome.co/advent-calendar-bible-verses/

You can get custom made advent calendars with Bible references printed on them
Original post by Smeraldettoi
It looks amazing, and I just buy one of those cheap Cadbury ones like a kid, it does pretty much the same job, the chocolate is just less luxuriant

https://healinghome.co/advent-calendar-bible-verses/

You can get custom made advent calendars with Bible references printed on them

Thanks for that link :smile: I think the answer might be to have two advent calendars - one with the bible readings and one with the chocolates!
Reply 19
24 pack of Guinness

Quick Reply

Latest