The Student Room Group

Will covid 19 ever go away?

Seems like there is another resurgent wave coming in europe despite vaccination... so vaccines arent enough now they have to reintroduce wearing mask.

Will covid 19 ever just disappear like SARS cov1?
Original post by HucktheForde
Will covid 19 ever just disappear like SARS cov1?

No, almost certainly not. It will become an endemic disease in the UK which the old and clinically vulnerable will continue to die from, albeit hopefully in smaller numbers. There are more and more treatments being discovered, so I don't think it's all bad news.

We've just got very used to the idea of people not dying from infectious disease any longer. Wait till we have serious antibiotic resistance - that's when it's time to start properly panicking.
Original post by Reality Check
No, almost certainly not. It will become an endemic disease in the UK which the old and clinically vulnerable will continue to die from, albeit hopefully in smaller numbers. There are more and more treatments being discovered, so I don't think it's all bad news.

We've just got very used to the idea of people not dying from infectious disease any longer. Wait till we have serious antibiotic resistance - that's when it's time to start properly panicking.

its starting to feel like a nightmare that never ends isnt it? I miss the good old days where coughing/sneezing on public transport isnt going to get you stares...
Original post by HucktheForde
its starting to feel like a nightmare that never ends isnt it? I miss the good old days where coughing/sneezing on public transport isnt going to get you stares...

Haha, yes. It's almost mandatory after any sort of coughing to quickly go 'I've not got Covid, you know'.

Quick Reply

Latest